Home match vs Watford - 06/02 - 1500 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We don't want Leicester to keep winning - why are they the better option FFS? WE are the better option. Stop fretting about the scum.
They wont burst my bubble its been growing since the 2nd game of the season. Its such a big bubble now that there is no room in my Mind for any other bubble than the Tottenham winning the league bubble. :kaneshh:
Anyone attempting to burst this bubble will be verbally back handed in a likewise manner as above. Joe is bang on!! Doubters should piss off :dembelefingers:with all the negativity! We are winning it. I wont think any differently until I see them hand the f:ninja::ninja:king silverware to another team at the end of the season. GLORY GLORY TOTTENHAM HOTSPURS!!:bow::coys:

Hope we smash them, had no reason to dislike them before but they were a bunch of twats in the last game. Deeney and Ighalo are dangerous but are a right pair of cheating pricks. Think we should take this without too much difficulty though, they're good at home in large part because their pitch is small and the surface is terrible so they can lauch balls at their strikers which is very effective. Our win away was huge looking back but I'm feeling a lot more comfortable about this game which if we win we can really go out and have a good go at City knowing a win will quite possibly put us top depending on the Leicester - Scum game this weekend.

Vicarage Road 105m x 68m
WHL 100m x 67m

Vicarage Road relaid in January because the poor surface didn't suit the play Flores favours.

Just saying.

That was a schoolboy mistake you made there...
now I understand why there is so much emotionality and the need to be so abusive. You seem to think we are all still back in the school yard.
Makes sense to me now why there seems to be an inability of some. When it comes to making a witty comment without being belittling, debasing and abusive. Mentally lazy if you ask me.
How few users of the forum till you are happy and feeling smug. When only a handful log on anymore? I thought this was a Forum where people with a shared love and passion for Tottenham come chat and have a laugh or to be laughed at in a way thats actually witty. Didn't realise its where we come to abuse each other instead?

I always want the squad to do well in every competition and put 100% into every game, but if we were to go out of any competition I'd rather it be the Europa League. It's a brilliant trophy to win and of course you can get a CL spot from it. But I'd love to finish above Woolwich and possibly win the FA Cup, that's really be a superb season.

But of course, id love us to go all the way in all 3 competitions we're in.
The obvious danger is spreading ourselves to thin & falling just short in all 3.
no right or easy answer really. tough decisions for poch.
to prioritise or not to prioritise. that is the question!

I agree that going out of the Europa would make things a lot easier on us.
but on the other hand it would be amazing to win it.

FA Cup isn't as much of a problem because these are played instead of league games on weekends anyway.
Id always go strong for the FA Cup.

A lifetime of supporting Tottenham has trained us not to believe we can win the league, but the manager and team clearly believe they can do it, and look at the results.

In all honesty I don't see why a scum or man city fan is more entitled to think they can win it than us at the moment. People go on about experience being key. How exactly does the scum team have experience of winning league titles?

Let's just hope we retain the form and that others, including Leicester, lose theirs.
off the top of my head wenger, cech, ozil, welbeck, sanchez, flamini.

now I understand why there is so much emotionality and the need to be so abusive. You seem to think we are all still back in the school yard.
Makes sense to me now why there seems to be an inability of some. When it comes to making a witty comment without being belittling, debasing and abusive. Mentally lazy if you ask me.
How few users of the forum till you are happy and feeling smug. When only a handful log on anymore? I thought this was a Forum where people with a shared love and passion for Tottenham come chat and have a laugh or to be laughed at in a way thats actually witty. Didn't realise its where we come to abuse each other instead?

I wasn't being abusive, just pointing out that calling the club Tottenham HotspurS was a schoolboy mistake.

If you make mistakes like that you might get negative feedback like you did from Eskimo. Albeit I think his reponse was lighthearted too.

I agree with what you say about this place. I too come here for laughs and peer support.

:pritchardeyes:

I wasn't being abusive, just pointing out that calling the club Tottenham HotspurS was a schoolboy mistake.

If you make mistakes like that you might get negative feedback like you did from Eskimo. Albeit I think his reponse was lighthearted too.

I agree with what you say about this place. I too come here for laughs and peer support.

:pritchardeyes:
I've been sticking the extra s on since a kid that and getting i and e the wrong way plus many other typo's if you go through my posts. I can't type as quickly as I think sometimes i miss out whole chunks of the sentence. I don't mind people ripping the shit out of me. Just get bored when there is a total lack of wit behind it and its just mindless frothing. Each to their own.... :bow::coys:

I for one honestly believe we can win the PL. And I can't wrap my brain around who I'd rather have win if we don't. My brain doesn't work like that, I guess. Fuck all of em, including Leicester.
It's gonna be us.

I can understand you doubting we can will it but to say in the same sentence that Leicester can makes no sense. Are Leicester better than us?
Leicester absolutely could win the title. So could we. It is a four horse race at the moment and I imagine it still will be with ten games left. Every team, including us, with drop some points before then.

I personally do think we can, and will, go on to win it. I don't want Woolwich to win it but to be honest I'm more concerned with winning it ourselves. Leicester dropping points would be a good thing.

Yes I do - why not? We certainly have a better team than Leicester, and the others have their own problems. I agree with you on one game at a time. Let's face it, there's no other way to do it.

No leicester is not a better footballing team than us but they sit 5 points above us.
I feel with EL and the FAC, we will be stretched and there is no getting away from that and so will City and Woolwich whereas LC have a clear run. We will have to see how they do against the better teams as City this weekend . I just have my Spurs doubting head on. lets see tomorrow how things sit?

They wont burst my bubble its been growing since the 2nd game of the season. Its such a big bubble now that there is no room in my Mind for any other bubble than the Tottenham winning the league bubble. :kaneshh:
Anyone attempting to burst this bubble will be verbally back handed in a likewise manner as above. Joe is bang on!! Doubters should piss off :dembelefingers:with all the negativity! We are winning it. I wont think any differently until I see them hand the f:ninja::ninja:king silverware to another team at the end of the season. GLORY GLORY TOTTENHAM HOTSPURS!!:bow::coys:
Apprehension is not negativity. Is Poch negative when he plays it down? COYSs

Apprehension is not negativity. Is Poch negative when he plays it down? COYSs
He is the Manager so is expected to keep the players calm and composed. Ready undoubtedly to take the title this year. We are fans so why play it down on here? Lets get that party started already!
If we win my friend is putting his kids into care and we're taking a year out to celebrate touring Europe watching Spurs in the Champions League!:levylol:(I wish! hehehe)
While I'm here I read this on thee olde official Spurs site concerning the Watford game....
"Ryan has trained with the squad this week following a two-month stint out with an ankle injury.

We continue to assess him every day," said Mauricio after training on Thursday, as he prepares the squad to face Watford on Saturday.

"He’s close to coming back to the team. We have another training session tomorrow and we’ll wait to see if he’s in a good way."

Otherwise, Jan Vertonghen (knee) and Clinton Njie (knee) remain sidelined.

Be great to see Mason back. Hopefully when we are 3/4 nil up Poch will let him play the last 30-35mins of the game! Yeehaa:bow::coys:

He is the Manager so is expected to keep the players calm and composed. Ready undoubtedly to take the title this year. We are fans so why play it down on here? Lets get that party started already!
If we win my friend is putting his kids into care and we're taking a year out to celebrate touring Europe watching Spurs in the Champions League!:levylol:(I wish! hehehe)
While I'm here I read this on thee olde official Spurs site concerning the Watford game....
"Ryan has trained with the squad this week following a two-month stint out with an ankle injury.

We continue to assess him every day," said Mauricio after training on Thursday, as he prepares the squad to face Watford on Saturday.

"He’s close to coming back to the team. We have another training session tomorrow and we’ll wait to see if he’s in a good way."

Otherwise, Jan Vertonghen (knee) and Clinton Njie (knee) remain sidelined.

Be great to see Mason back. Hopefully when we are 3/4 nil up Poch will let him play the last 30-35mins of the game! Yeehaa:bow::coys:
cannot see why Mason would get ahead of any of the 18 selected on Tuesday. Think he will have to wait for the cup games.

Back
Top Bottom