Home Opener (vs. Stoke), 15 Aug, 15:00 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Stoke tactics = pass to arnatuvic (or whoever else decided to drift to their left) and put the ball into box...ever time the same thing. What do we do? nothing nada. We just let it happen and hope Lloris saves us.

Fat Sam, Pullis, Hughes.....all have the ability to read a game.

Poch just throws whatevers on the bench onto the pitch

To the apologists: we are all fucking melting because this Spurs team, like every single one since Ledley has no backbone. There's no leader. At 2-0 with Kane off the pitch, someone in the middle of the park should have put their foot on the ball and led. Where the fuck are the leaders?!

Lamela put the team under pressure in 10 seconds on the pitch, and again, and again, and again with ridiculous fouls, and the constant fucking up of every one of our moves.

DID YOU NOT SEE THE FUCKING MATCH UP TO WHEN HE CAME ON
it was like we were suddenly down to 10 men when lamela came on.
in fact that would have been even better as at least they wouldnt have been given free kicks as well

Levy and ENIC mess up another start of season by not getting the transfers done early. Refuse to make investment on the squad on their own money despite the game completely changing in terms of how much sponsorship and TV money we are getting. Leave us short completely with one recognized striker being put under so much enormous pressure because of that. And still Levy supporters keep arguing that he is the best thing since sliced bread.

iPydduaC5I5sr.gif

Anyways have a good weekend chaps!

Going into a season with ONE striker is amateur for a club supposedly chasing top 4. Every season it's the same, Levy doesn't sort out an obvious weakness, we get an injury or suspension and we get fucked in the arse. How many times does this have to happen for Levy to wake up. We all knew Kane is human and might get hurt.

:avbfacepalm:

The truth is that we have been short offensively for many seasons. Sure, we spent silly money on Bobby and that didn't work out, but until Kane had a wonder season we have struggled for a top striker for some time, which Bale masked over.

We need more options, at least three decent strikers. And using players in their proper positions. If we need wide attacking players, buy them; don't fucking use Dembele and Eriksen, which is a waste.

Should have been Alli for Kane.

Dembele was playing very well on the right, Eriksen was playing well on the left. Should have put Chadli up front and Alli just infront of Mason and Dier. The best thing about Alli is that he's direct and fast on the ball, we missed that in the second half.

Thought the back 4 were great. Especially Walker who had no fucking help 2nd half.
Dembele stepped up 2nd half.
Him and Mason were bossing it until for some reason we took Mason off (he looked fucking sick about it as well!!)
Kane and Eriksen were just brilliant until Kane had to come off and Eriksen became anonymous.

We're in a big bag of shite if Kane gets a proper injury!!

Perfect example of how our transfer policy cost us points. Kane gets injured and there is simply no back up. How is it we start doing our transfers after 2 match days?
And Lamela ... probably THE worst player in the whole squad. I have absolutely no idea why he came on.
We were actually playing great up until the 60th minute.

First Half we looked good, apart from the usual mistakes. Second half started ok Butland made a great save from Kane which would have made it 3-0. After that Stoke we the better side and deserved a point.

The problem is simple the squad isn't ready, there should have been a striker on the bench to come on for Kane (who I felt led the line well today) to lead the line and some pace on the wings to allow us to counter Stoke. It all comes down to us doing our business to late yet again.

Still one point better off than last year from them games but really it should have been 3 perhaps 4... Gutted

So we're going to blame Levy here eh? Man, I'd love to know what it'll take for some people on here to take Poch's cock out of their mouths. Bad tactics and choices cost us this match far more than the failure to replace Soldado and Adebayor (who technically still plays for us lets not forget).

it was like we were suddenly down to 10 men when lamela came on.
in fact that would have been even better as at least they wouldnt have been given free kicks as well

We had 9 men mate you forgot Eriksen was playing, fuck me I did

That was a total cock up, cruising to panic in no time with our error count still our most dominant stat

Should have saw game out, kept the ball, but instead totally panicked. Why pump ball forward when Kane had gone off? A nonsense

Beside lack of experience and leadership in the team. I'm not going to come out and say our subs were the reasons we drew the game. Whilst I think both Lamela and Bentaleb were the wrong subs at the wrong time, the second goal was the same chance Stoke were getting well before we made any subs, Lloris had to make two great saves from Diouf headers previously, third time lucky and he scores. Conceding the penalty was totally unacceptable too.

Back
Top Bottom