Home Opener (vs. Stoke), 15 Aug, 15:00 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Infuriating result. Highlights our need to sign another striker and probably an older head to sit in the middle and calm things down when needed.

Does it mean we need to sack the manager and sack the board...of course it fucking doesn't.

Don't shoot me, but I can't be alone thinking we should make a cheeky bid for Carrick?

I suppose to look in the bright side we have learned from Man United. Against United we needed pace and a few days later signed Clinton, against Stoke we needed cover for Kane so we will probably get Berahino next week.

:avbshit:

Three key things I've noticed and read:

1. Once Mason came off, 2 goals conceded.
He's very underrated on what he brings in. Plus he DOES give a bit of that much needed leadership presence.

2. Chadli replacing Kane up top doesn't work.
Not only because you lose an out-and-out ST, but you also lose Kane's pressing ... a lot ... which Chadli doesn't do much.

3. Dembele did become more pivotal when he went in the middle, but we really lost Eriksen's presence. Eriksen was immense when he had that free-roam role in the first half. Some of the best football came through him. Eriksen HAS TO BE in the center, let alone ahead of Dembele, there. Keep Dembro out wide. He was quite decent there and easily drfits inward.

gnfn.png
I mean that in it's not the only or maybe even main reason for todays defeat. Losing Kane and bringinf Lamela on cause all sorts of problems , but our lack of experience and ability in the middle cost us equally as much.

N'Jie is not a fucking replacement. He has had one half good season in a shit league - he is not ready to take over after Kane if he gets injured. We need a decent striker NOW. Fucking ridiculous. The sad thing is that wasn't even the main issue today. We got complete arse fucked in midfield for the entire second half. Our wingers are complete wank. Same shit, different year. We are not going to finish in the top four. We are going to win fuck all as per usual and we're all going to have to sit there whilst we watch the scum, City, United, Liverpool and Chelsea finish above us yet again because the powers that be at our club are fucking incompetent pricks.

not that im turning against poch, but I was always worried that, although doing a gd job at Southampton, he was known for loosing/drawing after being ahead - for instance it happened against us at least 3 times in the last 2 seasons he was at southampton - and it looks like the same is happening with us - i just don't have the confidence in poch knowing how to finnish a game off - either by outscoring the opposition or holding a lead - doesn't seem as tho he knows how to do either...

N'Jie is not a fucking replacement. He has had one half good season in a shit league - he is not ready to take over after Kane if he gets injured. We need a decent striker NOW. Fucking ridiculous. The sad thing is that wasn't even the main issue today. We got complete arse fucked in midfield for the entire second half. Our wingers are complete wank. Same shit, different year. We are not going to finish in the top four. We are going to win fuck all as per usual and we're all going to have to sit there whilst we watch the scum, City, United, Liverpool and Chelsea finish above us yet again because the powers that be at our club are fucking incompetent pricks.

N'Jie is more of a winger than striker anyway, probably competing with Chadli for the wide forward role, we still don't have proper cover for Kane.

not that im turning against poch, but I was always worried that, although doing a gd job at Southampton, he was known for loosing/drawing after being ahead - for instance it happened against us at least 3 times in the last 2 seasons he was at southampton - and it looks like the same is happening with us - i just don't have the confidence in poch knowing how to finnish a game off - either by outscoring the opposition or holding a lead - doesn't seem as tho he knows how to do either...

Mate, he doesn't have all the tools.
I really liked what I saw until Kane went off. Everything was clicking.

In trying to be a bit positive it could just be poor fitness at this stage of the season as if we can press the opposition and quickly turn move the ball up the field like we did in the first half for the full 90min when fitness improves later in the season we might have some hope

I wanna know why being pissed off at losing a 2-0 lead is seen as MELTING or KNEE-JERK?
We've been doing it for YEARS... if this was the first time it had ever happened, and it meant losing our 100% winning home record stretching back to 1984 then I would agree... maybe a little rash...
but we've been short of killer instinct and a winning mentality for what seems like DECADES...
4-0 against QPR this time last year is merely papering over the cracks.
When teams wanna have a real go at us, we let them, have done for longer than some board members on here have been alive...

WHY IS THAT STILL THE CASE?

Back
Top Bottom