Home to Middlesbrough. 4th Feb, 1730KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure the stats bear that out. Since 2000 Chelsea have won the league 3 times ?. Only 1 CL. Woolwich have won a couple of league titles, no CL. Man City have won a couple of league tiles. No CL. Man Utd have won loads of league titles. Just 1 CL. You don't have to beat the likes of Bayern, Barca, Real etc to win the League. Fuck, even Leicester won it.

If the PL Title is such a piece of piss, why are you so desperate to win it? What would it prove?
If you think the CL is the top trophy, then you should be happy with top 4, so we can win that and be the best then?

The CL is a cup run at the end of the day, thats why you get finals now and again featuring the likes of Porto and Monaco. We beat Milan, and got the quarters with Hutton in defence.

It just makes me laugh, that here we are sitting in 2nd into February, and people are talking like we are garbage.

We are above Woolwich, Liverpool, City and Utd after 23 games. We have barely had one injury free week all season, and people acting like the only thing that would be ok is if we were top now, and stayed there until May, and the only way we could do that is by signing some mystery player in January and now we've fucked the season up.

Its farcical to be honest. You talk about 56 years waiting. When were we last 2nd at this stage?
You go on about signings, but since "coming round" and "realising" that there actually is a stadium being built, you seem to have forgotten that somewhere within the club, that 750M has to be covered.

The club have told us time and time and time and again, that our policy IS NOT marquee signings.
Its development. IF the RIGHT player comes along, something MIGHT happen.

Some people ignore that, well then they dont need to fucking slate the club because of their own, ridiculous fantasist ideas about how to take us from steady progress to Champions overnight.

We were never promised new players. We were told the exact opposite.

This is a confusing one. We sing "oh when the Spurs" etc. And you will see banners and flags with "up the Spurs", but in conversation or in print, it is just "Spurs" or "Tottenham". Nobody would say the "Tottenham" for example.

Lyrically, however, it is quite common, with the definite article often used to maintain the integrity of the meter in our highly complex A Capella offerings.

:ap:

Very good performance in every area bar taking chances and playing that final ball. We had them pinned in their own half for 85 minutes.

Vital 3 points.

No way that we deserve to be sitting second in the table right now.

But we are, so fuck me everyone else is just fucking shit aren't they?

Wow there's some absolute nonsense spouted on this forum sometimes. Been the second best team in the league by quite some margin. I'm more surprised we're only three points clear of Woolwich.

I'm going against the grain here, but he does have a point.
I'm quite "in" at Spurs and they've sent me a preview of next season's three kits
397938.jpg
Blue and gold trim on the home kit again? Christ.

Overall another win against a side like so many others who come to Spurs, sit deep and defend in numbers. It's a compliment to this team of Poch's that teams come to WHL with the mindset that they simply cannot compete with our system, game and tactics. This in a nutshell is what Poch has created, then opponents come to WHL with a siege mentality and game plan.

Poch recognizes this, has the players recycle the ball for long periods and though this can appear to be repetitive it's no different to what you see in Span and Germany week in week out. The difference being that there are more sides in the PL with better squads that away from home offer us a bigger challenge.

I have never seen a better side at Spurs in over thirty years and have witnessed many false dawns, but anyone in here who is complaining about this weeks results need their fucking heads testing.

As for Son, and his critics, he is now hitting form similar to that when he was at Bayer Leverkusen and Hamburg. Yesterday he gave everything, takes the heat off Kane and was pulling the Boro defence sideways. His best days are in front of him and not unlike Lamela took time to settle in.

Finally let us not forget that Woolwich lost more Premier League games in a week than we have all season, and thats something to cherish.

Fuck the moaners, whiners and soothsayers in here, because i for one after forty five years of supporting Spurs am as happy as a pig in shit.

Last edited:
We have improved under Poch for every year he has been here. If we can consolidate our place as top 4 regulars, we'll be doing amazingly well considering our budgetary constraints and with the new stadium on the horizon.

Amazing stat. But as we all know after last night the league has gone, Poch has lost it, we need more creative midfielders, a new left-back and a striker.

Very good performance in every area bar taking chances and playing that final ball. We had them pinned in their own half for 85 minutes.

Vital 3 points.

A right 1-0 drubbing, we were fucking light years ahead as the better team.
Who cares now though, we played well, it wasn't boring and we got the 3 points :pochsmirk:

I watched three games in a row! It was a big commitment on my part. It would have been four but hey,
England v France wrenched me from the Boro game. I was torn up about it but what can I do?
Rugby is a man's game and it appeals to me. There's no embarassing girly antics like you get in football.
Oh,and it appears you cheerleaders got it right this time. Son seems to have had a good game. Hooray!

can we sin bin this piece of shit please?

Back
Top Bottom