@ Home vs. Manchester United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well, Ade likes to roam, so he that's why I put him there. I'm fine with him not being a classic LW.
Lamela/siggi/Townsend likes to roam...one of the big reason our midfield is so congested and our service so poor...
I can see y ur thinking ade, given Avb also doesn't mind putting Kane there to but would love ade up top with soldado feeding off him...ppl forget that in 11/12 ade's assist statistics were impressive...feel soldado could benefit from this
Just my opinion though

we need 2 strikers to start (maybe 4-4-2) just Soldado alone IN ATTACK is not working ,last matches= zero goals (last 3 games was 0-0 Everton (away), 0-1 Newcastle (home), M.City 0-6 (away) ...time to change your underwear AVB...

Lamela/siggi/Townsend likes to roam...one of the big reason our midfield is so congested and our service so poor...
I can see y ur thinking ade, given Avb also doesn't mind putting Kane there to but would love ade up top with soldado feeding off him...ppl forget that in 11/12 ade's assist statistics were impressive...feel soldado could benefit from this
Just my opinion though
Yes, when Ade came on yesterday it was obvious to me that his directness and creativity makes us look very different. Could be what we need to end our goalscoring drought.

There is only one way that AVB can win us all over and thats by going for the win from minute one against Moyes , if he (as i fear) comes out with an ultra defensive set up, we'll get a boring draw and the white handkerchiefs will be waving all over - the time is now so make the most of it

All i want is to see a game where Spurs show some bollocks.

[formation="4411, Lloris, Walker, Chiriches, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Lamela, Sandro, Dembele, Townsend, Adebayor, Soldado"][/formation]
I love the idea of this set up except for Vertonghen on the left. He is by far our best central defender so play him in the centre. Let Kaboul or Chiriches go out to the left.
Ade and Soldado reminds me of the Crouch and vdv coupling up front. I believe it could be another great partnership.

If we lose this game we are absolutely fucked... I personally feel that the there needs to be a number of changes to the starting lineup. Paulinho should be dropped for starters

Paulinho has been shocking the last 3 games, he needs to sit this one out. Would love to see a 4-4-2 but its never gonna happen. AVB will be stubborn and keep the 4-2-3-1. I think we will get counter attacked to shit in this game, just like yesterday.

I'd play Lennon, he loves playing against Evra.

Townsend on the left, Lennon on the right, Sandro and Dembele in the middle (like the good ol' days).

Adebayor and Soldado...because why the fuck not.

Paulinho has been playing like Jenas recently. He's a better player than his current form and I think he just needs a rest. He has played most of our games so far and featured in the Confederations Cup in the summer.

Paulinho has been playing like Jenas recently. He's a better player than his current form and I think he just needs a rest. He has played most of our games so far and featured in the Confederations Cup in the summer.

This is what I don't get. We have a massive squad now, he has not played well for a while now....so why is he playing in most of the games?? I honestly don't think AVB knows what his best 11 is. Plus, he really wants to win the EL, so he doesn't really rest players enough.

This is what I don't get. We have a massive squad now, he has not played well for a while now....so why is he playing in most of the games?? I honestly don't think AVB knows what his best 11 is. Plus, he really wants to win the EL, so he doesn't really rest players enough.
He's knackered yet we have Dembele and Capoue who could come in

Walker-Vlad-Vertonghen-[Zeki/Rose:avbpray:]
-------Paulinho-Dembele
------Lamela-Holtby-Siggy
----------------Soldado

Because AVB won't change playing the 4-2-3-1 formation.

Winning a trophy and coming 10th would be satisfactory for many on here.
Personally I don't think you should ever compromise league form for a cup.

I'm actually feeling a bit fatigued at discussing lineups and formations. Just let AVB choose, as it should be quite clear he's fast running out of time to find something that works.

There is only one way that AVB can win us all over and thats by going for the win from minute one against Moyes , if he (as i fear) comes out with an ultra defensive set up, we'll get a boring draw and the white handkerchiefs will be waving all over - the time is now so make the most of it

All i want is to see a game where Spurs show some bollocks.
a bit perverted but at the moment anything to do with belgian tactics is fine bye me and beer and chocs sweet mate

AVB has to go for a game changer and I got a sneaking suspicion that we may well see a 442 this Sunday against all the odds.
Maybe he'll realise that we need to take a couple of steps back to get things right. Overall maybe it's been a case of too much change in too short a time.

Either whatever he does now is a punt. Let's hope he likes a gamble.

Back
Top Bottom