@ Home vs. Manchester United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the only person who thought Vlad was being bought as 3rd or 4th choice are the fans. AVB sees Daws weaknesses quite clearly hence trying to replace him when he first got here. I reckon Vlad and Verts are nailed on to start together long term. If Verts is here long term that is....
Undoubtably Dawson won't b the long term CB..
But do u recon Avb will drop him in the short term for vlad?

Given the bad performances of Dawson over the last month and the generally good ones of vlad, what are we going to do when rose comes back? Would love to see a back line of walker, vlad, vertonghen, rose..
Can we drop our captain?
Think we should but I doubt we will..
Bit of a conundrum though isn't it...

Dawson has been great for us this season. What team are you watching?

Dawson has been great for us this season. What team are you watching?
Clearly not the same one as you...
Dawson when it matters most has been poor...
His agility/speed/decision making leave a lot to be desired..
Sure his come up with critical ball and all tackles and blocks but for every one of them, his made 1 or 2 critical mistakes...
Not sure too many ppl would disagree on vlad and vertonghen being our starting CB's in the short and long term...

Sure his come up with critical ball and all tackles and blocks but for every one of them, his made 1 or 2 critical mistakes...
Not sure too many ppl would disagree on vlad and vertonghen being our starting CB's in the short and long term...

don't mind him OZ he's abit special, the short bus variety and a fuckn idiot to boot

I think Dawson is a good enough defender. From what I've seen of Vlad so far, I think he is the better all round player though. Pleased we got him, seems a very good signing.

Credit where it's due; we were much better today - quicker build up play, more urgency and threat, less clowning around in defence and midfield. We really need to get that game against Fulham right in midweek now and then I hope we don't revert back to the painfully slow, predictable build up we have seen in most games this season.

The week before the citeh shambles he was being touted for England again. We've had also had best defensive start to a season. Most clean sheets etc. he has been the lynch pin for this.

I get that its fashionable to not rate Dawson but you really should look at the game.

The week before the citeh shambles he was being touted for England again. We've had also had best defensive start to a season. Most clean sheets etc. he has been the lynch pin for this.

I get that its fashionable to not rate Dawson but you really should look at the game.

only to semi retarded serial losers like you

but anyhow carry on acting like Daws has super powers :thumbup:

Tbh being touted for England these days isn't worth the paper it's printed on...
Our possession game, vlad and verts, as well as a generally excellent lloris and plain old luck are much bigger contributors to our defensive record than Dawson...
Guess we will have to agree to disagree..

I love Dawson but he gets torn to pieces against any team that can move the ball with speed and can play balls in behind him. The city game is a perfect example. He was at fault for Woolwich's winner as well. He's too slow to play a high line consistently well. Sure he looks good a lot of the time but he gets caught out often and it often leads to goals. I reckon if verts was playing CB with vlad today, vlad could've beaten welbeck to the ball that led to the penalty. Daws was close but that step that he loses to them causes problems.

I love Dawson but he gets torn to pieces against any team that can move the ball with speed and can play balls in behind him. The city game is a perfect example. He was at fault for Woolwich's winner as well. He's too slow to play a high line consistently well. Sure he looks good a lot of the time but he gets caught out often and it often leads to goals. I reckon if verts was playing CB with vlad today, vlad could've beaten welbeck to the ball that led to the penalty. Daws was close but that step that he loses to them causes problems.
I agree with all your points on Dawson...
To be fair though, the penalty was lloris's fault...
Welbeck was never scoring from that angle

Back
Top Bottom