@ Home vs. Manchester United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love Dawson but he gets torn to pieces against any team that can move the ball with speed and can play balls in behind him. The city game is a perfect example. He was at fault for Woolwich's winner as well. He's too slow to play a high line consistently well. Sure he looks good a lot of the time but he gets caught out often and it often leads to goals. I reckon if verts was playing CB with vlad today, vlad could've beaten welbeck to the ball that led to the penalty. Daws was close but that step that he loses to them causes problems.

Daws was caught two times by Tromsö as well. Had he been a bit better timing his tackles, like Vertonghen, he'd be so much more reliant.

Just got back from game. I have to say I was very apprehensive and even more so when I saw that Paulinho and Dembele were playing together. Hell, what do I know? The Spurs that I love showed up today, to a man we took the game to united.
Like what Dembele and Paulinho did today, they played more vertically and caused united many issues. Dembele was everywhere. Sandro was fantastic, he had his work cut out but was highly committed and his goal.....a contender for GOTM.
Lennon, where have you been all season?!! Constant theat and a great deffensive performance too.
Chadli, welcome to Tottenham. Seen glimpses of him with the limited minutes he has had this year but thought he was very solid today, great at keeping the ball, thought he linked well with Vertonghen and also was effective in tracking back too.
Walker, his influence is massive to this team. Haven't read this thread but I guess he is taking the heat for their first goal, whilst he will be disappointed I'm sure IMO questions should be asked why it got as far as him in the first place. Anyway, this guy is a constant threat and delivered one of the best crosses I have seen this season.
Soldado, put in a sound performance today. Linked up play very well. Should have scored, but given he hasn't had the practice this year I am not going to blame him.
Can't wait for Rose to come back, Dawson is killing us.
Crowd was great today, didn't expect that although we were quite after the first equaliser.
Once again we showed we are a better team than United and deserved a win today.

I love Dawson but he gets torn to pieces against any team that can move the ball with speed and can play balls in behind him. The city game is a perfect example. He was at fault for Woolwich's winner as well. He's too slow to play a high line consistently well. Sure he looks good a lot of the time but he gets caught out often and it often leads to goals. I reckon if verts was playing CB with vlad today, vlad could've beaten welbeck to the ball that led to the penalty. Daws was close but that step that he loses to them causes problems.

I think you may be confusing Dawson with Kaboul who was the main reason we got such a spanking.

All defenders are prone to making errors against teams that move the ball with speed and wit our high line it only takes one error. But Dawson's errors are few and far between as our defensive record pre citeh proves.

Just got back from game. I have to say I was very apprehensive and even more so when I saw that Paulinho and Dembele were playing together. Hell, what do I know? The Spurs that I love showed up today, to a man we took the game to united.
Like what Dembele and Paulinho did today, they played more vertically and caused united many issues. Dembele was everywhere. Sandro was fantastic, he had his work cut out but was highly committed and his goal.....a contender for GOTM.
Lennon, where have you been all season?!! Constant theat and a great deffensive performance too.
Chadli, welcome to Tottenham. Seen glimpses of him with the limited minutes he has had this year but thought he was very solid today, great at keeping the ball, thought he linked well with Vertonghen and also was effective in tracking back too.
Walker, his influence is massive to this team. Haven't read this thread but I guess he is taking the heat for their first goal, whilst he will be disappointed I'm sure IMO questions should be asked why it got as far as him in the first place. Anyway, this guy is a constant threat and delivered one of the best crosses I have seen this season.
Soldado, put in a sound performance today. Linked up play very well. Should have scored, but given he hasn't had the practice this year I am not going to blame him.
Can't wait for Rose to come back, Dawson is killing us.
Crowd was great today, didn't expect that although we were quite after the first equaliser.
Once again we showed we are a better team than United and deserved a win today.

I actually thought the exact opposite of Chadli. Didn't offer much service when on the wing or cutting inside Also, didn't see that coverage to JV as Valencia was running riot up that RW with Chadli sort of standing there and not really cutting off the inside so JV could cut off the wing. Worse of all , a needless giveaway when Spurs were breaking 4 v 3 which led to the diabolical challenge by Lloris on Welbeck.

Lennon was exponentially better then Chadli for me today

Michael Dawson

A leader and a perfect option in the right fixtures (an inferior opponent)

But vs a quality side like United ? He is simply a bit in over his head which we saw today and last week.

I agree with all your points on Dawson...
To be fair though, the penalty was lloris's fault...
Welbeck was never scoring from that angle

agree Lloris fucked up but then Walker got caught out bad that resulted in the fast break and then nobody really covered Walker so in all I wouldn't place the blame soley with anyone individual but yeah Lloris shouldn't of dove in but then that is his style and has saved us afew times too

And my boy Soldado. Again, love his effort and movement today

But then Paulinho serves up that ball on a platter and he makes a complete meal of it.

With that price-tag, its completely unacceptable and just feeds the Haters everywhere.

STill the better option vs JD , but he needs a goal in the worse way

But then Paulinho serves up that ball on a platter and he makes a complete meal of it.

With that price-tag, its completely unacceptable and just feeds the Haters everywhere.

If we keep playing like we did today the goals should start flowing soon :avbpray:

Back to Back weeks. Lloris w/ a gaffer. So disappointing considering the quality of Lloris, the opponent and the impact it had on the final result. Frustrating, but still feel completely fortunate to have such a world class keeps and I'm sure he'll make up for this between now and May

Find and replace "AVB" with "Dawson" in any scapegoat thread for this coming week
He was poor, mate - and also played 90 mins against City, Tromso and today - so Kaboul should have been in with a shout in at least one of those

Last edited:

The floodgates will open soon, have faith

He was poor, mate - and also played 90 mins against City, Tromso and today - so Kaboul should have been in with a should in at least one of those

I know he was - I said earlier in the thread he is a strange one as its embarrasing when its a foot race or turning situation but when its backs to the wall muscle and blocking he is immense, he stopped a couple today but the welbeck thing i almost turned away.... with a high line his frailties exposed, i think he plays best with Vert as Vert is our best centre back, as he can do the rolls royce and the tank role

Looks like a Vert and Vlad future - we hope

A better perfomance today. Deserved to win imo. Tried for abit more width which is why we looked livlier.
Two fantastic goals and two sloppy ones to give away.
I thought it was a dodgy penalty, but according to the radio it was definite??? is this the case?
Without Rooney we would have stuffed them.. One man team?
Players actually looked like they wanted to show the fans they have passion. The fans noted that and for an early KO it was a pretty good atmosphere.
Before the game I would have been happy with a point but I think we deserved better.. Improvement indeed.

The week before the citeh shambles he was being touted for England again.

I don't know if that's a compliment anymore to be honest . Daws can be
heroic but he's also frustrating as hell with his QB passes or getting caught out. He's an old school English CB & players with skill tend to show him up

I know he was - I said earlier in the thread he is a strange one as its embarrasing when its a foot race or turning situation but when its backs to the wall muscle and blocking he is immense, he stopped a couple today but the welbeck thing i almost turned away.... with a high line his frailties exposed, i think he plays best with Vert as Vert is our best centre back, as he can do the rolls royce and the tank role

Looks like a Vert and Vlad future - we hope
hope so, but Barcelona make pressure on Vertonghen for a transfer in this winter (media press said that),i hope Spurs board to not let him go now...

Back
Top Bottom