@ Home vs. Manchester United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought they booed the sub but then clapped to show appreciation to Lennon. Anyway if they did boo it, it's the last thing Townsend would have wanted to hear coming on, even if it wasn't aimed at him.

With regards to the booing thing, when I saw that Andros was coming on, the general consensus was that Nacer should have come off and it was the fact that Aaron was substituted which lead to the boos.
Apologies if I repeat anything already said, but haven't got time to read all 40 odd pages. Thought Aaron was brilliant for the time he was on - even when he doesn't play great, he gives us a balance that nobody else seems to. Good team performance, thought Paulie might get on the scoresheet, as he was playing a lot more forward than he normally does. I'm still not convinced that Bobby is the answer to our striker problem - I know he didn't get many chances but he never makes any for himself. Thought we more than matched Man Ure and if it hadn't been for a dodgy pen, we might have captured all the points. Sandro held it all together and what a screamer for the goal, and the Moose and Kyle Walker had decent games too.

With regards to the booing thing, when I saw that Andros was coming on, the general consensus was that Nacer should have come off and it was the fact that Aaron was substituted which lead to the boos.
Apologies if I repeat anything already said, but haven't got time to read all 40 odd pages. Thought Aaron was brilliant for the time he was on - even when he doesn't play great, he gives us a balance that nobody else seems to. Good team performance, thought Paulie might get on the scoresheet, as he was playing a lot more forward than he normally does. I'm still not convinced that Bobby is the answer to our striker problem - I know he didn't get many chances but he never makes any for himself. Thought we more than matched Man Ure and if it hadn't been for a dodgy pen, we might have captured all the points. Sandro held it all together and what a screamer for the goal, and the Moose and Kyle Walker had decent games too.

Not sure what went down exactly, but Lennon was waaaay better then Chadli and his subbing over the Belgian made absolutely no sense

Walker is the best RB in the league, only arguable other contender is Zabaletta. Much better performance. Against Hull I'd like to see Holtby in for either Dembele or Paulinho, but playing in a similar "flat three" as Sandro, Paulinho, and Dembele did today.

Lloris can't be blamed for the goal at all. Lloris has saved us 9 other times in the same exact scenario, so the one time it does happen, he can't be blamed.

Once Rose gets back, him and Walker will be consistently getting crosses and giving more room to the wingers. Vertonghen will move to the middle with Vlad and Dawson and Kaboul will be one of the best 3rd and 4th choice CB pairing in the league.

Soldado played well in general play. Only had one serious chance and that was on a breakaway. Although the team was able to get opportunities on goal for various players, Soldado, again, wasn't. I'm hoping that when Rose gets back more consistent crossing will help this.

Not sure what went down exactly, but Lennon was waaaay better then Chadli and his subbing over the Belgian made absolutely no sense

Lennon looked absolutely gassed and wasn't much of a threat in the second half. Chadli completed more passes in the attacking third than Lennon ATTEMPTED total. Hell Townsend out passed Lennon in the final 1/3 in half the game time. Chadli is also one of the few reasons Valencia didn't completely tear us apart as his tracking back to aid Vertonghen led to multiple dispossesions.
Lennon also looked good tracking back but he didn't offer much beyond two soft shots and defense. Andros imemdiately put more balls in dangerous places than Lennon did all game.

Walker is the best RB in the league, only arguable other contender is Zabaletta. Much better performance. Against Hull I'd like to see Holtby in for either Dembele or Paulinho, but playing in a similar "flat three" as Sandro, Paulinho, and Dembele did today.

Lloris can't be blamed for the goal at all. Lloris has saved us 9 other times in the same exact scenario, so the one time it does happen, he can't be blamed.

Once Rose gets back, him and Walker will be consistently getting crosses and giving more room to the wingers. Vertonghen will move to the middle with Vlad and Dawson and Kaboul will be one of the best 3rd and 4th choice CB pairing in the league.

Soldado played well in general play. Only had one serious chance and that was on a breakaway. Although the team was able to get opportunities on goal for various players, Soldado, again, wasn't. I'm hoping that when Rose gets back more consistent crossing will help this.
Sanchez going to have to disagree with you on lloris here..
For the record lloris generally has been excellent and is a world class keeper..
However he hasn't saved us 9 times from the exact same position simply because from that position the ball didn't need saving...
Welbeck was running away from goal on an acute angle, a keeper on his near post saves that 999/1000...
Lloris made a poor decision...simple as that...
Love the bloke but it was a mistake...

Boooooooooooooooooooooo don't know why I'm booing just want to express displeasure.

I wonder what team will play on Wed?
Has Danny Rose been abducted by alians?
Is Alan Sugar really made of sugar?
Is Moyes the love child of Bart Simpson and a scotch egg?
Tune in next week folks,,,,,

Anyone see Sandro kiss the badge after he scored. Nearly cried. I love that Brazillian fuck I hope he plays his entire career with us
Agree! Just posted on a different (Sandro) thread, My 9 year old, has worn the No:30 shirt, for his club side, in honour for the past 2 seasons! If he could grow a beard, I,d shave his head!!

Lennon looked absolutely gassed and wasn't much of a threat in the second half. Chadli completed more passes in the attacking third than Lennon ATTEMPTED total. Hell Townsend out passed Lennon in the final 1/3 in half the game time. Chadli is also one of the few reasons Valencia didn't completely tear us apart as his tracking back to aid Vertonghen led to multiple dispossesions.
Lennon also looked good tracking back but he didn't offer much beyond two soft shots and defense. Andros imemdiately put more balls in dangerous places than Lennon did all game.

I wish our fans would let AVB manage the fucking team and shut the fuck up with their negative shite, bunch of fuckn professional alkies. They don't know fuck all behind the decisions he makes or the reasoning behind them but yet feel justified in booing shit they don't agree with because somebody forced them to spend money on a ticket. Fucking CUNTS!!!

No I was there and it was definitely booing the substitution. 100%, no doubt about it.

I disagree with it, but it's definitely what happened.
I was there and from my stance at least half of the booing around us started before the board went up and I'm fairly certain it was because the United wall went up.

Then everyone realised there was a sub and clapped Lennon off, some may have booed that I'm not too sure.

No Spartan definitely it was the substitution.
Everyone around when they saw Townsend ready to come on thought Chadli would be coming off. When the board went up with Lennon's number it was basically gasps of amazement and WTF.. Then booing at AVB for the substitute, and even a few "You don't know what you're doing". Then applause and a song for Lennon to show him he was not being booed, and had put in a very good performance.

Good call with the crosses from Rose. He was contributing a lot on offense before he went down. This is truly a mystery injury.

I was there and from my stance at least half of the booing around us started before the board went up and I'm fairly certain it was because the United wall went up.

Then everyone realised there was a sub and clapped Lennon off, some may have booed that I'm not too sure.

The whole of the Paxton was booing the sub, and there was lots of shouts of "CLUELESS" etc. Disappointing, but definitely true.

No Spartan definitely it was the substitution.
Everyone around when they saw Townsend ready to come on thought Chadli would be coming off. When the board went up with Lennon's number it was basically gasps of amazement and WTF.. Then booing at AVB for the substitute, and even a few "You don't know what you're doing". Then applause and a song for Lennon to show him he was not being booed, and had put in a very good performance.
Fair play to Lennon, looked like he was limping a bit when he was subbed, started ambling towards the touch line, heard the boos and immediately started running off. Didn't exacerbate the situation, showed that the players are perhaps sensitive to the criticism and keen not to rock the boat any further. Was good to see.

Not sure if this has already been posted, but an interesting contribution to the Lennon substitution debate: he had a total of three touches in the second half before being subbed... This is not to say that it was necessarily the right decision, but may explain AVB's thinking a little

Why is the return of Rose being likened to the second coming? Then only major plus is that it gives us the opportunity to play Jan V back in the middle. Rose is ordinary.

Back
Top Bottom