@ Home vs. Manchester United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I admit one example is not enough to write a player off...
Did you watch man city last week mick? Need I continue?
where Kaboul was much worse but received much less criticism. Just because Dawson was the closest player to some of their scorers, it doesn't mean that he was entirely culpable for the goals.

where Kaboul was much worse but received much less criticism. Just because Dawson was the closest player to some of their scorers, it doesn't mean that he was entirely culpable for the goals.
I thought Kabul was bad but less so than Dawson...
That attempted tackle almost on the half way line that allowed toure a free run on goal was criminal...
Besides Dawson starts for us where Kabul has been a peripheral figure...
If ur seriously trying to convince me Dawson shouldn't get dropped once rose is back, our opinions must be worlds apart...

Why is the return of Rose being likened to the second coming? Then only major plus is that it gives us the opportunity to play Jan V back in the middle. Rose is ordinary.

In our system, the left back is requires to be of Roses style and to deliver crosses and be able to fly up and down the line. Vertonghen doesn't fit that build. He is a good LB, but doesn't fit our system at LB. With Rose coming back crossing from the left side will greatly increase and give the LW more space to work. Rose coming back will move Vertonghen to the middle and Dawson to the bench. He isn't a fantastic player, but he affects our team so much because we have no proper cover for him.

Why is the return of Rose being likened to the second coming? Then only major plus is that it gives us the opportunity to play Jan V back in the middle. Rose is ordinary.

Shit, Rose was looking better than Walker before he got injured.....

a young player with alot of potential and gives us genuine pacey width on the left also allowing Jan our best defender to play in his best position, the bloke gives us proper balance

Shit, Rose was looking better than Walker before he got injured.....

a young player with alot of potential and gives us genuine pacey width on the left also allowing Jan our best defender to play in his best position, the bloke gives us proper balance
I agree with your final point, but I stand by my assessment of his abilities, he's capable but nothing special. Walker showed today that he's as likely to be a liability as he is an asset, a kind of outfield Gomes.

In our system, the left back is requires to be of Roses style and to deliver crosses and be able to fly up and down the line. Vertonghen doesn't fit that build. He is a good LB, but doesn't fit our system at LB. With Rose coming back crossing from the left side will greatly increase and give the LW more space to work. Rose coming back will move Vertonghen to the middle and Dawson to the bench. He isn't a fantastic player, but he affects our team so much because we have no proper cover for him.
I would say that Jan is a better defender, passer and crosser than Rose. The latter a better winger and faster.

I agree with your final point, but I stand by my assessment of his abilities, he's capable but nothing special. Walker showed today that he's as likely to be a liability as he is an asset, a kind of outfield Gomes.

we'll see when he gets back if he ever does, January is just around the corner after all and he's still nowhere to be seen with a mystery injury

brutal assessment of Walker though lol :gomes:

I wish our fans would let AVB manage the fucking team and shut the fuck up with their negative shite, bunch of fuckn professional alkies. They don't know fuck all behind the decisions he makes or the reasoning behind them but yet feel justified in booing shit they don't agree with because somebody forced them to spend money on a ticket. Fucking CUNTS!!!
Supporters should be allowed to express themselves (especially with recent results) in whatever manner suits as long as the gesture does not fringe on racisum for example. Why not boo? AVB gets paid a lot of money to look after a team that supporters pay a lot of money to watch. The Y word, that can be seen as negative? I feel a bit of booing added to the atmosphere and the performance yesterday, let the players and AVB know how we feel.

Supporters should be allowed to express themselves (especially with recent results) in whatever manner suits as long as the gesture does not fringe on racisum for example. Why not boo? AVB gets paid a lot of money to look after a team that supporters pay a lot of money to watch. The Y word, that can be seen as negative? I feel a bit of booing added to the atmosphere and the performance yesterday, let the players and AVB know how we feel.

I feel you and your like are fucking cunts.

Ive had a similar conversation elsewhere. While I agree Rose isnt the messiah, I think his return will do a hell of a lot to balance the team.

Currently we play with very little natural width on the left and offer very little service.
With Rose returning (or any decent LB for that matter, the way Roses injury is going it might be a January buy!) we get:

An equivalent to Walkers role on the left
Crossing from the left
Overlapping players for Chadli/Sigurdsson to use
Between Walker and a LB we stretch teams across the pitch and hopefully create more space centrally
And of course Vertonghen back at CB

Rose isnt the messiah, but for being injured so long he is a very naughty boy!

For me his introduction helps right a lot of wrongs in the side by virtue of what he is, rather than who he is

So being the eternal optimist that I am I am going to attempt to talk about the positives.
When rose comes back from injury i think its going to be fairly safe to assume our defense will be
lloris
walker chiriches vert rose.
And that excites me. The back 4 as mentioned above somewhere will start picking themselves. They are players that are getting better too so our defense should become a strong,solid unit going forwards. Our midfield yesterday clicked better than it ever has. That's encouraging. Sandro and capoue are almost like for like so thats great. you pair either one of those 2 up with paulinho and I am going to add holtby to that mix, and you have a good pairing. Holtby is not a number 10 but he is still a talented player who I think should be used as a deep lying play maker. Suddenly our team is starting to look something like this.
lloris
walker chiriches vert rose
sandro/capoue paulinho/holtby
thats pretty encouraging. it was great to dembele not playing in the defensive role. he had a great game I thought and should be allowed to keep the number 10 role at least until erikson is back from injury, if not beyond.
Our left side is becoming an issue but I am glad to see avb not playing inverted wingers, or at least not 2 of them. When rose is back the left will start working better again. The rest of the team selections are a bit harder but at least we are building the squad from the back forward and our strongest 11 is becoming clearer and clearer. We have an abundance of players who are starting to gel and avb seems to be stopping with his stubborn persistance to force things that aren't working. A first 11 are emerging, and tactics are getting better. Still plenty wrong calls but we are getting better. A team looking something like this through the christmas season seems to be on the cards, and they seem to be understanding each other better, which can only mean good things for us.
lloris
walker chiriches vert rose
sandro paulinho
lennon dembele siggy
soldado

Dembele made the difference yesterday, he should be the first name on the team sheet in my opinion (after Sandro, so second name). He used the ball so well and brings other players into the game. Its also impossible to tackle him. If its a toss up between him, Holtby or Paulinho to play with Sandro, its Dembele all day long

Either way it looks to slowly be coming together don't you agree. I can definitely see a change to 4-3-3 as a desired formation creeping in. Sandro, paulinho and dembele as a midfield 3 seems to have reared its head yesterday, and I must say it seems exciting.

Back
Top Bottom