How are we going to win the 2021/22 Premier League?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I used to think like this when I was a lad. Maybe this is the year Ruel Fox will supply the bullets and Colin Calderwood will shore us up at the back. Maybe Iversen will realise his potential. Maybe Anderton will stay fit.
I still think like this every year.
Every August I'm full of hope.

It's September when the doubts set in.

Even as a boy, I was a joyless, cynical bastard. I mostly hated those players - blame my dad for that, telling us all how shit Ruel Fox was compared to Waddle, how shit Anderton was compared to Hoddle, how shit Iversen was compared to...anybody.

But there was one hero. A fantastic player, a leader. Truly a player we could say was one of the best in his position, showed it for Spurs and England. And what did he end up doing? Well, let's just say that...we're all having a party, one day.
Teddy Sheringham? I don't know of any other player you might or might not be referring to

Forget about the milk cup.
Forget about Euro conference league.
Forget about FA cup.
Keep Kane.
Get Ndombele and Lo Celso to play to their potential.

Throw everything at the 38 premier league games.

Top 4 then looks in sight, but winning the league would probably require City/Chelsea to have major issues.

meaningless-friendly

Speaking about how bad we were towards the end of Sugar and beginning of ENIC, do you remember when Stephen Carr left us for Newcastle because he thought it was a step up?

Dark times, Carr was one of the bright spots. Another kick in the balls.

So, my memories might be getting mixed up. But when ENIC took over, didn't they sack Graham before a big cup game (semi final v Woolwich, though might have been a few weeks before that he got sacked) and then we lost our best player at the end of that season.

20 years on they sack the modern day GG (JM) before a big cup game...and who wants to leave this summer?

Back
Top Bottom