How are we going to win the 2021/22 Premier League?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ha ha ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha ha haHa ha ha ha ha ha.....ah jokes, good times....

I think we need to think big and forget about everything we've done over the last 7 years. It's more or less a given that Harry Kane won't be with us and I think it would be a mistake to put a big money striker to replace him at the top of the shopping list. We can achieve a lot more by shoring up the defence and using a false 9 to bring the rest of the team into the game to make sure the goal scoring responsibilities are shared all round. Big money strikers are always a risk and no one is going to live up to the job of replacing Kane. Best to save our money and focus on finding a manager to bring a fresh approach to the players we have left.

The main thing I want to see from our new manager, whether it's Golden Graham or whoever, is a reappraisal of our playing squad and getting things out of our existing players that we didn't know were there. I want to see our squad maximised to its full potential before we buy or sell another player.
I am also optimistic that climate change and biome destruction can be repaired and reversed. Before we win anything at all.

Why such a negative response? Is it not a good thing to think about winning the league at the start of a new season when all teams start with exactly the same amount of points and exactly the same amount of matches played? At present, we have as much opportunity to win the league as both Manchester City and Watford. Why write off our title chances before a ball has even been kicked?

And, yes, it can be done (as Leicester proved in 2016). All it takes is a bit of resillience and it's by no means uncommon for teams to surprise a lot of people after losing key players. Liverpool responded to losing Michael Owen by winning the Champions' League in 2005. In the same season, Everton responded to losing Wayne Rooney by getting into the top 4. Alex Ferguson's Manchester United always came back stronger after losing key personnel (not always in the season straight after but they usually ended up doing something bigger and better than they did before). We can do the same and we did it when we got into the Champions' League with Defoe and Crouch instead of Keane and Berbatov.

And, yes, we have the squad to do it. Aston Villa won the league in 1981 using only 14 players with 42 league fixtures compared to our 38 and in a far more aggressive playing era when injuries were a lot more likely.

COYS
All this time, we’ve been trying to outscore the opponents and all we really needed to do was be a little resilient? Son of a…

I think we need to think big and forget about everything we've done over the last 7 years. It's more or less a given that Harry Kane won't be with us and I think it would be a mistake to put a big money striker to replace him at the top of the shopping list. We can achieve a lot more by shoring up the defence and using a false 9 to bring the rest of the team into the game to make sure the goal scoring responsibilities are shared all round. Big money strikers are always a risk and no one is going to live up to the job of replacing Kane. Best to save our money and focus on finding a manager to bring a fresh approach to the players we have left.

The main thing I want to see from our new manager, whether it's Golden Graham or whoever, is a reappraisal of our playing squad and getting things out of our existing players that we didn't know were there. I want to see our squad maximised to its full potential before we buy or sell another player.
When I read the thread title I thought it was a joke, so logged in to see the punch line. I think the question should be "can we stay up"

A miracle of the magnitude of the parting of the Red Sea.
In Kid Chameleon 's defence, we all used to be optimistic at the start of a new season. I have to admit this one is pretty much the most despondent I have felt for a very long time.

I used to think like this when I was a lad. Maybe this is the year Ruel Fox will supply the bullets and Colin Calderwood will shore us up at the back. Maybe Iversen will realise his potential. Maybe Anderton will stay fit.

Those guys are my true heroes. They were the players I loved when I first got into football. There will always be a part of me that wishes we could go back there.

Those guys are my true heroes. They were the players I loved when I first got into football. There will always be a part of me that wishes we could go back there.

Even as a boy, I was a joyless, cynical bastard. I mostly hated those players - blame my dad for that, telling us all how shit Ruel Fox was compared to Waddle, how shit Anderton was compared to Hoddle, how shit Iversen was compared to...anybody.

But there was one hero. A fantastic player, a leader. Truly a player we could say was one of the best in his position, showed it for Spurs and England. And what did he end up doing? Well, let's just say that...we're all having a party, one day.

Even as a boy, I was a joyless, cynical bastard. I mostly hated those players - blame my dad for that, telling us all how shit Ruel Fox was compared to Waddle, how shit Anderton was compared to Hoddle, how shit Iversen was compared to...anybody.

But there was one hero. A fantastic player, a leader. Truly a player we could say was one of the best in his position, showed it for Spurs and England. And what did he end up doing? Well, let's just say that...we're all having a party, one day.
Completely get where you're coming from!

Back
Top Bottom