How good is our squad?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A big part of Firminos job is to make passes, drag defenders out of position, dropping back to get the ball so that Mane and Salah are able to get the ball in space behind defenders. Alli is terrible at all of that.

I am not sure there are two players much different in what they do and are good at than Dele and Firmino. Alli would be a terrible fit for Liverpool and Klopp.
This is weird. Shouldn't Firmino be out there scoring goals like madman in order to be a world class striker? No wonder he's shit. They could put Dele in and get them goals. Not to mention, as suggested further up, with Winks' physicality to bolster their midfield. This all sounds like just the prescription Klopp needs for a rebound. Yup!

This is weird. Shouldn't Firmino be out there scoring goals like madman in order to be a world class striker? No wonder he's shit. They could put Dele in and get them goals. Not to mention, as suggested further up, with Winks' physicality to bolster their midfield. This all sounds like just the prescription Klopp needs for a rebound. Yup!

I don't want to tell Klopp how to do his job but a MFer like Winks in the striker position is just the type of useful player that my friend keeps telling me is more useful than a Harry Kane. He should certainly try it.

A big part of Firminos job is to make passes, drag defenders out of position, dropping back to get the ball so that Mane and Salah are able to get the ball in space behind defenders. Alli is terrible at all of that.

I am not sure there are two players much different in what they do and are good at than Dele and Firmino. Alli would be a terrible fit for Liverpool and Klopp.

Not sure I agree on that. Alli is excellent at keeping defenders occupied and a master at winning fouls. Many defenders have commented that he is a pain in the arse to defend against.

Sure, he is looking to get in behind defenders and may not suit playing with both Mane and Salah; but one of them will be off in the summer.

Not sure I agree on that. Alli is excellent at keeping defenders occupied and a master at winning fouls. Many defenders have commented that he is a pain in the arse to defend against.

Sure, he is looking to get in behind defenders and may not suit playing with both Mane and Salah; but one of them will be off in the summer.

I am not sure Alli is excellent at anything in his current form. But none of what you describe is really what Firmino does. He provides great link up play with the MF and Salah and Mane, Alli can't do that. He drags defenders back with him into MF and then can beat them with passes, again not really what Alli does well either.

My point is that the role Firmino plays in Liverpools system does not fit Alli's skill set. He might be able to fit with them in a different role but the Firmino role is not for him. Kane would be a good fit and I think Lo Celso could be really good there as well, but if Firmino goes I think they just slide Jota there more likely than anything.

I am not sure Alli is excellent at anything in his current form.

We don't know much about his current form, he's barely kicked a ball in 6 months.

We do know that when Bale was given a run of games he was our best player; and for some reason only known to Jose; he is back on the bench.

We don't know much about his current form, he's barely kicked a ball in 6 months.
Sure we do. It's been the same for about 3+ seasons now (form, as they tell me it is) and he's been the exact same player since the first game he came on for us (Leicester). If you don't know what Dele is now since you've not seen him in the last 6 months then I invite you to watch any game from the previous 4.5 seasons. He is the same player he was and will always be.

And just another helpful hint since I'm feeling generous, if you are wondering what Dele will be in 5 years times I'd again invite you to take another look at any of the previous 4.5 seasons games. You're welcome.

Back
Top Bottom