Huddersfield Town v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

- Lloris -
- Sanchez Alderweireld Vertonghen -
Trippier Dier Sissoko Davies -
- Dele Eriksen -
- Kane -
We may see Eriksen dropped deeper and Son play off Kane. But I think he'll start on the bench, as a plan B if we need a goal. He's a game changer with his pace, great on both feet and against a tired defence he could be vital.

- Lloris -
- Sanchez Alderweireld Vertonghen -
Trippier Dier Sissoko Davies -
- Dele Eriksen -
- Kane -
We may see Eriksen dropped deeper and Son play off Kane. But I think he'll start on the bench, as a plan B if we need a goal. He's a game changer with his pace, great on both feet and against a tired defence he could be vital.

Although there is probably a gulf in class amongst some our players one thing you won't find with a Wagner side is tiredness. We are notoriosuly a very fit side due to his training regime.

On Dembele,"It's impossible for him to play."

"We hope that it's not a big problem but he needs time to recover. I don't know how long he will be out for and we need more information from the doctor.

"We will see what happens in the next few weeks."

I'll never ever undstand why we played him against Barnsley...

Although there is probably a gulf in class amongst some our players one thing you won't find with a Wagner side is tiredness. We are notoriosuly a very fit side due to his training regime.

I appreciate that, but I don't think you've played against anyway quite like a Pochettino side yet. They will press and press until they had complete control. It's what wins us so many games.

With respect to Huddersfield...

- Lloris -
- - Alderweireld Sanchez Vertonghen -
- Trippier Dier Eriksen Davies -
- - Dele Son-
- - Kane -

Ahh Mr Wagner, the man Jurgen Klopp could be if he wasn't such a bin dipping, window licking, arsehole.

All the best for this weekend, you deserve your shot in the PL and I am a big fan of your manager.

Plus Huddersfield Giants used to be managed by Big Baloo who I loved during his time with St. Helens.

As I recall the Giants were quite good a couple of seasons ago

Already booked my hotel in Manchester for the Grand Final anticipating the double!

:dude:

Do you know if Erikson will have recovered by the weekend?

This may sound odd but if you do beat us I hope Erikson and Kane do all the damage. Both are in my dream team and there is quite a bit of money riding on the final season results.
what do you guys make of Depoitre so far ? He used to play for my hometeam and met him a couple of times, decent lad, very intelligent too (has a civil engineer degree) and i like how people underestimate him based on his looks. Blind Bigot Blind Bigot

No chance. Brighton are a well backed team and they'll be able strengthen in January if they need to. Huddersfield will have to make do with what they've got. A good manager can only do so much, they're just too short of PL quality to survive I think.

....not sure how good a football judge most of you Spurs' fans are - looking at your 'Harry Kane thread' on here; it seems that back in 2012/13 most of you guys thought he was a... "too slow, lousy first-touch, plodder who's NEVER gonna make it!!"
Four years later, the reality is he's a finisher in the style of the great Jimmy Greaves!!!
(hope he has an off-day on Saturday !!)

I think we have yet to see the Spurs on full gas we saw these past 2 years, far from it. To be honest there is none of our game that i completely satisfied yet.
Idk why, maybe the lose of balance in midfield. Right now i suspect its because we plays back 3 with Dier in the DM.
Huddersfield looks decent in defend, i hope we plays with much more conviction than we showed so far.
Eriksen in MC might be interesting.

Anyhow, i really really hope we win however to achieve it, since it will be 2 weeks (feels like 2 months) before we could watch any yet.

Back
Top Bottom