If the season isn’t completed........(Now with Poll)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If the season isn’t completed.........

• Declare the season null and void

Votes: 131 65.8%
  • Finish the season no matter how

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • End the season in the current positions

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Award the league and champions league to Spurs.

Votes: 34 17.1%
  • Stop Liverpool being crowned champions just for a laugh.

Votes: 49 24.6%
  • Give all the prize money to Billy.

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Liverpool fans: “The Atletico tie should never have gone ahead. People are dying as a result.”

Liverpool fans: “We must finish the season at any cost and have an open top bus parade to celebrate.”

Given the recent decision to give Wimbledon a miss I think the remainder of the premier league games should be played as football tennis matches.

Loads of courts there ready to Be used. Only need 2 players per team for each match. Could probably finish the season in a week. Maybe 2 if they want to draw it all out.

Be an amazing thing. Who wouldn’t want to watch say Kane and Son v salah and mane. Or Dele and Dier V Luiz and Ozil.

TV ratings gold. Strawberries would be sold. Win win. For the country.

Has to be null and void. It’s the only way to make things consistent throughout all leagues, countries and levels. No way any football should be played before September. The whole world needs to move on and start afresh. Would love to have seen Spam go down but it’s the only feasible thing. PL trying to look at when and how to restart just looks idiotic when so many people are still dying every day and countries are seeing renewed peaks. We haven’t got a clue how to end this virus yet. Talk of sport restarting is utterly ridiculous.

Realistically I think you have to negotiate extraordinary parachute payments to the clubs that are relegated, hand Liverpool the trophy and move on. There is no "good" solution. Any starting over, or running a combined season will unfairly rob some of the earned benefit of the matches they won this season. Just much easier and cleaner to call this one done and give the relegated clubs extra money not to make too much of a fuss.

Probably need to start wondering about next season, really.

There's no way you can have relegation without finishing the season - Villa even have a GIH that potentially puts them clear

14/20 majority rules in the PL and the best thing for the majority is to restart last season as if it never happened

The desperation to finish at all costs no matter how farcical the situation would be continues.......

How the fuck is both teams travelling away from home rather than one meant to make anyone safer or do anything but upset the balance of home advantage across the entire season.

Getting sick of this shit.

They've already got problems in Germany, FFS.

Fuck all this greed and arrogance.... If clubs need to fold for harsh lessons to be learned; so be it.

Resume the EPL or not; the lower leagues wont find themselves any better protected you can bet on it.... (The suggestion of 3 up/none relegated only serves to accentuate any potential damage).

The premier league being selfish and delusional enough to try and push ahead with football despite a worldwide virus killing people is one of many reasons I have completely fallen out of love with modern football.

We know this all about greed and nothing more.

Either that or they are worried about upsetting the scousers.

What fans want is neither here nor there.

Just wait until the lawyers get involved. It will all come down to money.

My general thinking is that Liverpool will be crowned champions but they will not see the same prize money or revenue share (because they haven't technically won the league). Instead, a portion of that share will then get distributed to places two and three. That same principle will then get applied to ever other position, so City will see a smaller share of second place (bumped up by their share of first) and so on. I can't see anyone taking anyone to court, as global pandemics likely qualify as Force Majeure.

The *real* bunfight will be promotion from the Championship, a prize of hundreds of millions.

The "title" is just a bragging right ... even if Liverpool are given one it will just allow every other club years of taking the piss ... the real issue is CL where you're talking 100m for a decent run, and relegation where you can be wiping out a club for years or worse ... no club will vote for relegation and without a unanimous decision it will end in court. The EPL are tried by their own rules, force majeure simply doesn't apply when it's already covered in the rules.

The Premier League rules set out what a season is. A season is defined as 'the period commencing on the date of the first league match on the fixture list of the League's first team competition and ending on the date of the last'. That's the season. It further says in the rules that 'the season is every team playing each other home and away'

Any lawyer will argue that breaching two very clear rules about what determines a season means that the season is nor completed and must therefore be null and void ...

Like running 300 metres in a 400m race ... there is no result.

Some sports have 'stopped in progress' rules, golf for example reverts to the end of the last completed round by all players, motor racing the last completed lap by all cars ... the key words there are 'completed' and 'all' in football the last 'completed by all' event was the 2018/19 season, unless the clubs all agree to some magic fudge, what other option is there that won't get struck down in court? and just which three clubs will agree to be relegated? or play with 5 relegation spots next season? why risk it

People are arguing on a Spurs forum that Liverpool should have special dispensation that is unprecedented in the 132 seasons of First Division football my God what has the world come to.

They can plan all they like, but if people are still dying daily and it's still spreading then they can forget it.

Yep even behind closed doors will need lots of Medical staff and policing

Also will go against the isolation policy of the government unless the players agree to be 2m apart at all times

It's not happening and the sooner eveyone stops fighting it the better. Wipe the season and start again when there are not thousands of people dying every day.

There's no sanity involved in any of these plans. I hope that the government (unlikely) or the police (hopefully) will step in to put an end to this madness.

I never thought I'd say this, but other things are more important than football.

Back
Top Bottom