If the season isn’t completed........(Now with Poll)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If the season isn’t completed.........

• Declare the season null and void

Votes: 131 65.8%
  • Finish the season no matter how

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • End the season in the current positions

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Award the league and champions league to Spurs.

Votes: 34 17.1%
  • Stop Liverpool being crowned champions just for a laugh.

Votes: 49 24.6%
  • Give all the prize money to Billy.

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Big move by France. Surely our cancellation is just a matter of time now?

No way they are doing this, behind closed doors or not.

No problem with the season being voided personally. Everyone starts back for next season as they were the start of this (behind closed doors probably) and I'm guessing no European competition. Perhaps they could resume that where it left off next year but that might seem a bit weird.

My only annoyance would be I guess if the season is voided all goals scored are voided as well? Be a bit gutted if you were a player who just got a milestone goal this year (can't think of any from top of my head though!)

Big move by France. Surely our cancellation is just a matter of time now?

No way they are doing this, behind closed doors or not.

No problem with the season being voided personally. Everyone starts back for next season as they were the start of this (behind closed doors probably) and I'm guessing no European competition. Perhaps they could resume that where it left off next year but that might seem a bit weird.

My only annoyance would be I guess if the season is voided all goals scored are voided as well? Be a bit gutted if you were a player who just got a milestone goal this year (can't think of any from top of my head though!)
It won’t be “voided” mate, not after seeing how Holland and Belgium cancelled their leagues.

I do think it will be cancelled though, I reckon they will probably just cancel and use current standings.

I wish it was voided though but seems extremely unlikely.

It won’t be “voided” mate, not after seeing how Holland and Belgium cancelled their leagues.

I do think it will be cancelled though, I reckon they will probably just cancel and use current standings.

I wish it was voided though but seems extremely unlikely.
If it's not voided There'll be a shit load of legal objections.

We don't deserve it.

And I'm more than happy to see us miss out on something we don't deserve, if we get to see Liverpool miss out on something they do deserve.
Although I agree we don’t deserve it, I also have watched spurs be fucked over countless times when we did deserve something. So I don’t really care if we deserve it or not to be honest.

We are still due some good fortune for the time we got top 4 but no CL football under Redknapp.

On Liverpool though they will be awarded the title regardless of the outcome, that I am 100% certain of. There is no resolution that won’t be prefaced with “oh but we award the title to Liverpool because they are so far ahead and the best team of all time etc etc”.

The one thing we will be able to take the piss out of though is they wont be able to celebrate in front of their fans the moment it happens, and they won’t have a parade for nigh on 12 months maybe.

If it's not voided There'll be a shit load of legal objections.
I fucking hope so but Belgium and Holland seem to have done it without any problems, I bet France aren’t voiding either just cancelling.

I really want to be wrong but just can’t see a void situation anymore, only a cancelled one.

Cancel all seasons and forget European football for next season.

Chances are high that we'll need to pause again at some point due to the second wave or whatever they're calling it.

Start in August...new season...one domestic cup comp...with a view to all being back to normal for 21/22 season

FIFA don't want the season restarted.

The chair of Fifa's medical committee told BBC Sport: "My proposal is if it is possible, avoid playing competitive football in the coming weeks.
"Try to be prepared for the start of good competition next season."

Cancel all seasons and forget European football for next season.

Chances are high that we'll need to pause again at some point due to the second wave or whatever they're calling it.

Start in August...new season...one domestic cup comp...with a view to all being back to normal for 21/22 season
Agreed, I have proposed this in the past. Especially with all of the travel involved in CL and EL, it just isn't smart.

As you rightly point out, the leagues may need to be stopped sometime next season. Congested calendars will mean a stoppage of a couple weeks will force us into the same situation again next year. The added layer obviously, if CL/EL are happening, is what if say Italy and Spain go on lockdown but other countries do not? It'll just be a mess.

The issue though is, of course, money. UEFA will not want to give up their money. Another factor though is many clubs rely on CL revenue to support their wage bills. If there is no CL next year then a bunch of teams may need to cut wages.

It's going to be a mess no matter what happens. It just shows you how intertwined money and sport are now though. Depressing really.

If they “award” Liverpool the title I’m far too petty to admit they’ve won it properly. It will always have an asterisk next to it as the Corona virus winners. They still needed two wins. Sure they probably would of got them, but they might not of. We may never know.

I do think that what other countries do will have absolutely no bearing on what we do. The PL are far too arrogant for that. BJ wants to be popular above all else, putting his foot down and saying no sport will damage him. I just don’t see him going for it. Hope I’m wrong.

Null & void must be the route that brings the least legal challenges too. The only problem they will have is who gets the prize money and what to do with that. Everyone gets the same I guess.

Agreed, I have proposed this in the past. Especially with all of the travel involved in CL and EL, it just isn't smart.

As you rightly point out, the leagues may need to be stopped sometime next season. Congested calendars will mean a stoppage of a couple weeks will force us into the same situation again next year. The added layer obviously, if CL/EL are happening, is what if say Italy and Spain go on lockdown but other countries do not? It'll just be a mess.

The issue though is, of course, money. UEFA will not want to give up their money. Another factor though is many clubs rely on CL revenue to support their wage bills. If there is no CL next year then a bunch of teams may need to cut wages.

It's going to be a mess no matter what happens. It just shows you how intertwined money and sport are now though. Depressing really.

UEFA have over £2 billion in cash reserves btw. They’ll be fine with no champions league for a season.

We don't deserve it.

And I'm more than happy to see us miss out on something we don't deserve, if we get to see Liverpool miss out on something they do deserve.

Give us CL and I couldn't give a shit about Liverpool.

Schadenfreude is no more than consolation bantz.

Although I agree we don’t deserve it, I also have watched spurs be fucked over countless times when we did deserve something. So I don’t really care if we deserve it or not to be honest.

We are still due some good fortune for the time we got top 4 but no CL football under Redknapp.

THIS.

Back
Top Bottom