If the season isn’t completed........(Now with Poll)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If the season isn’t completed.........

• Declare the season null and void

Votes: 131 65.8%
  • Finish the season no matter how

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • End the season in the current positions

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Award the league and champions league to Spurs.

Votes: 34 17.1%
  • Stop Liverpool being crowned champions just for a laugh.

Votes: 49 24.6%
  • Give all the prize money to Billy.

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
I agree it will be cancelled and probably by the end of next week, but I can’t see it being declared Null & Void.

No other league has Null & Voided it when they cancelled so I can’t see us doing it unfortunately.

Yep fair point.

And in truth and a bit like the Duckworth Lewis method and unless there are some even weirder contorts, that is fair enough.

It's inglorious, forever shrouded in doubt and rather empty for Livepool, so I don't care because as a club we certainly deserved fcuk all last season.

We can't restart it's simply not safe the players can't social distance, neither could the staff who would be needed to run it. Players obviously don't want it to continue and the neutral ground thing is bollocks.

If you have played less home games in a 38 game season and you get relegated or miss a place in a competition by 1 point and you have played 6 less home games you have been robbed.

Clubs won't vote for it to happen it's that simple and we can't use the system the French used as that's even worse. How can you use maths to predict football games when a team just won the PL from almost million to 1 odds.

Would make liverpool winning the PL meaningless to everyone as they never actually won it and the clubs relegated would threaten legal action as they didn't get relegated

Only sensible action is null and void the season and seperate competition to sort out CL places if that's even possible.

For me don't even do that scrap it and miss out CL and EL next year UEFA have enough cash to miss out for a year and when this is actually sorted and 100% over next year we can have a full season and legit standings

The season will be declared over. Null and fcuking void.

No way football can return anytime soon enough not to impact on next season, and even that is under severe threat.
It is more likely there will be an average points tally than declaring whole thing null. Every which way you look at it, it is difficult to see a solution that is satisfactory which is why they are trying to get it done in June. I get it trying to get it done, but I just can see so much going wrong.

The players are too scared to resume playing apparently. Not too scared to keep cashing their pay checks though.

I agree it will be cancelled and probably by the end of next week, but I can’t see it being declared Null & Void.

No other league has Null & Voided it when they cancelled so I can’t see us doing it unfortunately.

Forgetting about common sense and our own views on whether it should start up or not, from a spurs point of view, it’s probably best it is restarted. I reckon we could still finish fourth. Our players are so weak they’ll probably revel in playing in empty stadiums without fan pressure on them.

I read the whole thing and all it boils down to is greed, plain and simple.

Delusional billionaires trying to save their fortunes even if it means risking lives to do it.

Yep. Now they’re talking about no relegation! Absolutely no point playing the matches if that’s the case. Ridiculous.

There's no sanity involved in any of these plans. I hope that the government (unlikely) or the police (hopefully) will step in to put an end to this madness.

I never thought I'd say this, but other things are more important than football.

There's no sanity involved in any of these plans. I hope that the government (unlikely) or the police (hopefully) will step in to put an end to this madness.

I never thought I'd say this, but other things are more important than football.

Sadly not far beneath the surface, the Gov want football back too....

Getting the gravy train back up and running is totally in line with their economic interests.

"Oh but the public psyche neeeeds football......"

Bullshit! The gov & EPL can both fuck off!

I'm sick to death of it mate. It's incredible when listening to Sky Non-Sports, Talkshite, twats like Neville, etc, not one dissenting voice among them and one absurd, desperate idea after another all in order to maintain 'the integrity of the league' apparently.

I'm at the point where I'd settle for a mass penalty shoot out over Hyde Park if it just shuts these fuckers up.

I'm sick to death of it mate. It's incredible when listening to Sky Non-Sports, Talkshite, twats like Neville, etc, not one dissenting voice among them and one absurd, desperate idea after another all in order to maintain 'the integrity of the league' apparently.

I'm at the point where I'd settle for a mass penalty shoot out over Hyde Park if it just shuts these fuckers up.

This league has no integrity left imo, rotten to the core mate.

"Integrity of the league".

Whatever mad cap scheme they come up with will automatically destroy any integrity it had.

Yep. Now they’re talking about no relegation! Absolutely no point playing the matches if that’s the case. Ridiculous.

Course they're going to be more in favour of playing games at neutral venues if relegation is removed this season!

FFS the desperation just gets more and more embarrassing..........if relegation is removed this year, do we really think the bottom 12 or so teams are really going to give a toss and put up much of a fight?

This is by far the most ridiculous idea by a long shot - it's basically a blatant bribe as the powers that be know that they stand no chance of getting the gravy train restarted without all 20 clubs consent .

They surely can't be entertaining this in all seriousness - well not with straight face at least - it's farcical.

Back
Top Bottom