I'll be happy with fourth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wouldn't care if we finished 17th and they finished 18th, I just hate the cunts. As long as we have one over on them I can go into college/work ready for a fucking argument.

We have to get over thinking about Woolwich...that mentality shows a lack of ambition. I hate them, I hope to fuck we finish above them but all I really care about is Spurs and what we do....everyone else can get fucked as far as I am concerned.

I would rather we finished third as it gives us the entire summer to prepare in the knowledge we have CL football. We can get better players and know we have £50 odd million coming in. The other advantage is we give ourselves a far better chance of winning more trophies.

That said - I'll just take third and the FA Cup because I'm a gluttones cunt.

Dannyboy said:
We have to get over thinking about Woolwich...that mentality shows a lack of ambition. I hate them, I hope to fuck we finish above them but all I really care about is Spurs and what we do....everyone else can get fucked as far as I am concerned.

:clap: :hi5: :beer:

In a way not I'm too concerned with the league, as long as we get a CL spot and we're above Woolwich. I don't care.
But we have to pin all our hopes and dreams on the FA Cup this season.

Ramsingh said:
In a way not I'm too concerned with the league, as long as we get a CL spot and we're above Woolwich. I don't care.
But we have to pin all our hopes and dreams on the FA Cup this season.
I think it's a bit risky expecting us to win the FA Cup. Chelsea, Liverpool and Stoke are all still in it so I don'tthink it's a cake walk, especially with our current form.

That's why a return to the CL will will still be a successful season to me. The FA Cup will be a nice bonus.

I'd only be 'happy' with 4th if it were Chelsea who got 3rd... I don't think I could stomach losing 3rd to ArseAnal... not with the respective seasons we've had thus far!

If their 'worst' and our 'best' STILL end up with them finishing above us, then we've got a fuck of a long way still to catch up.

It'll be hard to get over the possibility we'd be forever in their shadow if that happens...

I still have every confidence we will finish third it just requires Redknapp to remove his brain from his arse, engage it properly and revert to the formation that served us well up until we went 4-4-2 and we should be sorted.

That said, if Redknapp has played 4-4-2 five games in a row now why should we have any reason to believe that will change.

My mood has darkened since the Everton game and will remain so until we play Bolton

Winning the FA Cup stands above CL for me. It's the true sense of glory and always a day to remember.

Finishing fourth or third is an achievement when you think and debate about it , it makes financial sense and allows us to grow ectetera but there is not a real prize in the end, just a sort of promise of bigger things. A CL spot is not a prize , its a way to get money and attract big players and grow as a club. But it is more a rational concept. I prefer the emotional concept of actually winning something.

The Fa has a big shiny cup to go in to the trophycase , it has images of players catching the koodies from eachother while kissing that very cup and an open bus parade to boot.

We win the cup : i am a happy camper. It will go down in history as an achievement whereas that CL spot is just the financial way forward. I know it's important but it's not why i love football. I love football and Spurs because it's all about the special moments , the days when you go to Wembley or sit around your television set hoping, cheering and swearing for that one game that tops every other game. Its unique because it's a final. These are the games you watched as a young lad and they stayed with you because the FA cup still has some of that long forgotten glory surrounding it.

It's club vs club in a direct duel with a real prize at the end.

ps it's times like these i wish my English was better

I feel sick...

Just had to listen to my boss banging on about how he knew it would all come together for Woolwich and it was obvious we'd balls it up. Normality has been restored in his opinion.

There was me thinking I was nearly over Saturdays debarcle.

I'm out, I've got nothing left to come back with...feeling punch drunk.

I fucking hope we sort this out and go on to a decent finish beating the Chavs along the way. It will feel so much sweeter knowing we blipped but pulled it out the fire.

Desperately trying not to knee-jerk and keep the faith here, but of all the false dawns over the years this would hurt the most.

:harryfacepalm:

The flip side to this could be that the players realise that they aren't the finished article and that it is imperative they return with the attitude of having to prove ourselves every game.

If they aren't capable then put simply; we don't deserve it - and to finish out of the top 5 would be far too embarrassing....my Gooner misses will be getting a dig in the ovaries.

1882 said:
Blanchflower said:
1882 said:
I FUCKING HOPE ARSEANAL DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

(is that a bit strong for a Monday afternoon do you think???)

Who are / is Arseanal?

ARSE + ANAL ... the double bum-end of football... their true calling in life!

thats THE only way to spell woolwich's other name. the dial square name changing ,area changing ,ground changing shitcunts.

Two scenarios i'll be happy:

We win something, they don't.
We finish above them.

If neither of these happens i'm sure there's a suicide pact somewhere. The whole point of this season has been wiping the fucking cunts' faces in our success which they've been doing in the 18 years i've been on this planet. I don't think i'm ever happier than strolling into college/work after we beat the scum (thankfully a fair few times these past few years) and gloating non-stop for fucking weeks about how shit they are.

For us to fall below them and fail to win a trophy would be an absolute catastrophe. I literally could not face it after the stick i've been giving out this season and all that 'mind the gap' bollocks. I'm still clinging on to the fact that 1 point is a gap, so they should still mind it. Holy fuck i'm almost crying thinking about it.

COME ON YOU SPURS!

fuck 4th, I want 3rd... fuck finishing above Chelsea, I wanna finish above ArseAnal... nothing less will do...

it's about time they fucking ate our dirt! 16 years of superiority is FUCKING FAR TOO LONG...

for fuck's sakes, there are Spurs fans with JOBS now who don;t know what it's like to finish above those c u n t s... it's been THAT long! Thankfully, I remember the late 80's/early 90's... even if 3rd DIDN'T get you European football in those days (Thanks Liverpool...!!)

I've had enough of inferiority complexes, and choking at the last hurdle, and Lasagne, and being in their fucking shadow...

fuck ArseAnal... we are TOTTENHAM... 3rd is ours... we've put the hours in this season, not for you c u n t s to come along with your c u n t y 95th minute winners and snatch it from us, fuck off you odious scum!

Back
Top Bottom