I'll be happy with fourth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah that quote from him today really fucking pissed me off.

10 points clear of 4th but 3 games later and suddenly finishing 4th is "punching above our weight". I really fucking cannot stand Redknapp's media obsession, fucks me off every time I see a quote from him.

Pretty sure last year he was saying we were going to win the title when we were 8pts behind or something? Mentalist.

Proles that knew Red was in it for himself and his mates all along.

We can still possibly get 4th but it ain't down to tactical accumen. It will be luck now.

I have grown to accept Redknapp and we should win the cup thereby confirming his status as a great manager for us but I do not forget his media bullshit or his bewildering team selections.

Abbey Yid said:

10 points clear of 4th but 3 games later and suddenly finishing 4th is "punching above our weight". I really fucking cannot stand Redknapp's media obsession, fucks me off every time I see a quote from him.

Pretty sure last year he was saying we were going to win the title when we were 8pts behind or something? Mentalist.
Two points from 8 games....

Smoked Salmon said:
Abbey Yid said:

Do you mean that by comparison we are overachieving? Because obviously that was an underachieving side. I think with the team we have we should easily be top 4.

Obviously at the beginning of the season everyone that supports Spurs would've cut their cock off to be in the position we are now, but when you see how easy it was 4 games ago it's a completely different story. I refuse to accept "at the start of the season we'd take it" as a valid excuse as to why we're now in danger of dropping 3rd when it was all but secure 4 games ago.

Abbey Yid said:
Smoked Salmon said:
Abbey Yid said:

Do you mean that by comparison we are overachieving? Because obviously that was an underachieving side. I think with the team we have we should easily be top 4.

Obviously at the beginning of the season everyone that supports Spurs would've cut their cock off to be in the position we are now, but when you see how easy it was 4 games ago it's a completely different story. I refuse to accept "at the start of the season we'd take it" as a valid excuse as to why we're now in danger of dropping 3rd when it was all but secure 4 games ago.
I was actually referring to Redknapp knack of bringing it up his achievements when we go through rough patches.

But, I entirely agree. I don't think a top four finish is punching above our weight at all. We are a stronger side from the one that got fourth last time around.

Smoked Salmon said:
I was actually referring to Redknapp knack of bringing it up his achievements when we go through rough patches.

But, I entirely agree. I don't think a top four finish is punching above our weight at all. We are a stronger side from the one that got fourth last time around.
Ah sorry, was a tad ambiguous!

Never been a fan of his media work, there's times where i've been in fits of rage at his idiocy. Even the general unprofessionalism of him doing adverts for stuff- what other managers do that in the Premier League!?

Don't get me wrong he has done brilliantly with us, but sometimes he really infuriates me. If we don't get 4th this season will be a failure because after 25 games we had 3rd in the bag. Anyone who would still be happy with fourth, I question you.

Abbey Yid said:

It has also upset me with his self indulgence. I am not try to single you out here Mr. Abbey, but I do not understand why some fans of ours feels that we would be so and so to be in our position now and whatnot. I want the f'ing title and when it is all square at 0 points, that is what I am thinking at the beginning of the season, not top 4. We have talent, money, and a fantastic fanbase (need more noise at the lane), but why not think the title every single year? Screw setting the bar low, set it high, and if we give it a right go, top 4 is a by-product of trying to succeed.

We were a train wreck last summer with Modrić looking like leaving and no Parker or Adebayor so Redknapp has a point. However, the timing of his comments is awful, not the message he should trying to get out at the moment.

Say that shit after we've won a few games to keep our feet on the ground, not when we're at a low ebb.

amerispurs said:
Abbey Yid said:

It has also upset me with his self indulgence. I am not try to single you out here Mr. Abbey, but I do not understand why some fans of ours feels that we would be so and so to be in our position now and whatnot. I want the f'ing title and when it is all square at 0 points, that is what I am thinking at the beginning of the season, not top 4. We have talent, money, and a fantastic fanbase (need more noise at the lane), but why not think the title every single year? Screw setting the bar low, set it high, and if we give it a right go, top 4 is a by-product of trying to succeed.
Haha I don't feel singled out by that because I agree to a certain extent.

If we are honest, our squad should be finishing top 4, that's a minimum. The ambition should be to win the title because it isn't entirely out of our reach. With the first 2 games this season written off, that Stoke game giving us the correct amount of points, and the City and United games having a ref that doesn't fuck us over, we'd definitely be up there! Can't help but feel we've not had any luck from officials this year (except maybe that Cahill red against us for Bolton but we'd have killed them anyway without that).

A top class striker in summer and maybe a defender that isn't going to be injured all year should give us the strength and depth to win it next year, if we bring in someone who actually has ambition when HR leaves for England I'd feel very confident.

Rosie47 said:
Looks like 'arry will be happy with fourth too.

Redknapp: 'If we finish in the top four I think we've over-punched our weight - way over - but I think we will finish in the top four'

A few weeks ago he said we were challenging for the league!......Which is it Harold?

Apparently Collymore thinks we'll finish 5th, this sums up what Richard said on the last podcast. All these cunts are so reactionary!

Thelonious said:
Apparently Collymore thinks we'll finish 5th, this sums up what Richard said on the last podcast. All these cunts are so reactionary!

Saw this on twitter, then I unfollowed the cunt. We've lost three games on the bounce to Woolwich away, which is always a tough place to go, man united who we haven't beaten since 1999 and everton away which again another hard place to go an win when they're on a good run, which they are and everyone thinks we're in a crisis! twats.

I'd still say that we're in a bit of a crisis because we looked like shit for a good percentage of the minutes of those games. In the other percentage we looked toothless and lacked clinical finishing to put games to bed like we were doing earlier in the season.

I'll be happy if we finish 4th, if we also win the F.A. Cup. Otherwise it will have been a disappointing end-season run.

But even if we get relegated I'll support my Spurs.

Thelonious said:

My grandad was once commentating on a game and the presenter asked "Who is going to win" to which he replied "I don't know, that's why they are playing the game"

[b:8cd8gxzu]Blanchflower[/b] said:
My grandad was once commentating on a game and the presenter asked "Who is going to win" to which he replied "I don't know, that's why they are playing the game"

I KNOW this is about to be the most obvious question I've ever asked, and I assume I missed the meeting where you announced it, but I'm assuming from your username, your Grandad is one and the same????

1882 said:
[b:1kkk7atu]Blanchflower[/b] said:

I KNOW this is about to be the most obvious question I've ever asked, and I assume I missed the meeting where you announced it, but I'm assuming from your username, your Grandad is one and the same????

Yes.

Abbey Yid said:
amerispurs said:
Abbey Yid said:

Haha I don't feel singled out by that because I agree to a certain extent.

If we are honest, our squad should be finishing top 4, that's a minimum. The ambition should be to win the title because it isn't entirely out of our reach. With the first 2 games this season written off, that Stoke game giving us the correct amount of points, and the City and United games having a ref that doesn't fuck us over, we'd definitely be up there! Can't help but feel we've not had any luck from officials this year (except maybe that Cahill red against us for Bolton but we'd have killed them anyway without that).

A top class striker in summer and maybe a defender that isn't going to be injured all year should give us the strength and depth to win it next year, if we bring in someone who actually has ambition when HR leaves for England I'd feel very confident.

MININUM is the key word there, let me bold it also. And that is what blows my mind. Would I be happy with 4th, maybe, it is a good achievement, but the title is a better one. Why can't we win it? Our team competes well with the Manc clubs, and the London clubs, we are capable of winning the title. I am not going to get caught up in the hype and the "we are so and so points from 1st" ordeal. I genuinely, and truly feel that we are title contenders. And I think that from day uno until it is not mathematically possible for us to win the league. Am I outlandish or unrealistic? I believe in my team and I expect the best from them every single game.

And on another note, I think we saw that from our team, fans, and club this past weekend, the best. Thank you for doing us Tottenham fans well, I applaud you. :clap:

Back
Top Bottom