I'll be happy with fourth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fergie comes out and call Citeh the "noisy neighbours" and basically tells them he is not scared of them, they need to be worried about Utd rather than the other way round. And look at the belief it gives his players. He wants Utd players to thrive on pressure and score last minute winners when need be.

Redknapp is the opposite, all about making himself look good whatever happens.

Doesn't do anybody any favours, the club, the players, the fans - well nobody apart from him.

SpursUltra said:
Fergie comes out and call Citeh the "noisy neighbours" and basically tells them he is not scared of them, they need to be worried about Utd rather than the other way round. And look at the belief it gives his players. He wants Utd players to thrive on pressure and score last minute winners when need be.

Redknapp is the opposite, all about making himself look good whatever happens.

Doesn't do anybody any favours, the club, the players, the fans - well nobody apart from him.

The difference is United have been there and done it countless times before. They have players like Rooney who just do not accept defeat.

tumblr_lwyudujpvS1r042o9.gif

Dru said:
The difference is United have been there and done it countless times before. They have players like Rooney who just do not accept defeat.

Tactics and players will play a part but the mental game is also important. Harry doesn't think like a winner, his management career backs that up.

Fergie got Aberdeen winning the League and European competition, beating Celtic and Rangers domestically and Bayern and Real Madrid to win the Cup Winners Cup - that's punching above your weight if there was ever a case for it.

It's all about belief and attitude. Same with Mourinho and Porto really.

SpursUltra said:
Dru said:

Tactics and players will play a part but the mental game is also important. Harry doesn't think like a winner, his management career backs that up.

Fergie got Aberdeen winning the League and European competition, beating Celtic and Rangers domestically and Bayern and Real Madrid to win the Cup Winners Cup - that's punching above your weight if there was ever a case for it.

It's all about belief and attitude. Same with Mourinho and Porto really.

True but I dont blindly believe in some of our players like United fans too. Its pretty clear by the reaction to our recent defeats im not the only one too.
There are only a few players in our squad I think have got that utter determination about them - Walker, Dawson, Parker.

Rafael van der Vaart, Gareth Bale, Emmanuel Adebayor, Luka Modric, Ledley King, etc. Punching above our weight to be in the top four? That's nonsense. Fourth place would be an underachievement, given the position we were in. I do agree it partially aims to take some pressure off the players though (obviously mostly it's self-serving).

'Arry did say last season that fifth was as good as it gets, so I'll take 'is word for it. Fourth would be punching above our weight. After all, the only moves we did over the summer was pick up a Champo cast off and the fourth striker from another club on loan. Hardly expect that to add up to compensate losing Jenas and Bentley—proven, fourth-place finishing players!

Éperons said:
'Arry did say last season that fifth was as good as it gets, so I'll take 'is word for it.

Er......no he didn't....watch the interview again - the thing that he's talking about in the context of "it doesn't get better" is the visit of teams like the Milans and Real in the CL.

:ap:

Sorry...

Back
Top Bottom