I'm gay. I'm having a ticket over you!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This whole thread reminds me of this beauty...

9212637694_6e89b16ce4_z.jpg

ANYWAY.
The flag thing bugs me. I asked Tottenham if I could display a flag officially. Sent them details, and was told they don't allow it. Full stop. Had an exchange of emails but it was a no. Offered to come in one day and put it up, not a a game - still no. I never understand why Gays get "special" treatment.

My point entirely.

But this apparentley makes you homophobic.

I don't agree a rainbow is political

Do you think Gay Rights is ploitical? Because thats what the flag is a symbol of.

Personally, if I was Gay Rights activist, Id find it quite insulting that people were dismissing the flag as just a pretty. gay, colourful bit of material.

Its a very powerful symbol, used in demonstartions aimed at challenging human rights laws.

Do people not take it seriousley simply because its a rainbow? Its not about Jeffrey and Bungle people, its about human struggle, overcoming persecution and being treated like a equal citizen. Not political enough for you....?

Do you think Gay Rights is ploitical? Because thats what the flag is a symbol of.

Personally, if I was Gay Rights activist, Id find it quite insulting that people were dismissing the flag as just a pretty. gay, colourful bit of material.

Its a very powerful symbol, used in demonstartions aimed at challenging human rights laws.

Do people not take it seriousley simply because its a rainbow? Its not about Jeffrey and Bungle people, its about human struggle, overcoming persecution and being treated like a equal citizen. Not political enough for you....?
ITS THE FUCKING LGBT SPURS FLAG.

Let me spell it out for you.

lQA7s_pU_400x400.jpeg

This is a fan group, created to encourage a safer and more welcoming environment for l's b's g's and t's at white hart lane.

THIS
Pride-Flag.jpg

is the flag representing the pride movement. Its intent was merely as a banner under which all the LGBT's could unite, the different colours are to express the diversity of the LGBT community.

They are not the same, they do not represent the same thing. Please understand this.

ITS THE FUCKING LGBT SPURS FLAG.

Let me spell it out for you.

lQA7s_pU_400x400.jpeg

This is a fan group, created to encourage a safer and more welcoming environment for l's b's g's and t's at white hart lane.

THIS
Pride-Flag.jpg

is the flag representing the pride movement. Its intent was merely as a banner under which all the LGBT's could unite, the different colours are to express the diversity of the LGBT community.

They are not the same, they do not represent the same thing. Please understand this.

LOL....The Spurs logo doesnt mean the rainbow flag does not represent equality gay rights anymore.

Are you suggesting the rainbow is pure coincidence??????????????

Maybe the club will allow the Star of David as long as it has a cockeral on it..?

Last edited:
I actually agree with this, btw. You've just expressed yourself terribly.

No, Ive expressed myself consistently but you, Benjamin and Tucker flew off the handle and hysterically accused me of being some kind of homophobe, because I oppose the club allowing one political flag when they have banned all others.

Now you are claiming the two flags are different, as opposed to your earlier claim that the rainbow flag wasnt a political flag.

Talk about backtracking....I suppose a swastika is neutral if you put a football emblem next to it too.

No, Ive expressed myself consistently but you, Benjamin and Tucker flew off the handle and hysterically accused me of being some kind of homophobe, because I oppose the club allowing one political flag when they have banned all others.

Now you are claiming the two flags are different, as opposed to your earlier claim that the rainbow flag wasnt a political flag.

Talk about backtracking....I suppose a swastika is neutral if you put a football emblem next to it too.
Or MAYBE you've done a shit job of making your point?

If you think the club is allowing the LGBT spurs flag for the wrong reasons just say that. Whether or not it was on purpose you've come across as an idiot and a homophobe.

The flags arent the same. Australia has a union jack in its flag, but you dont think of australia when people mention great britain. I doubt people are going to be waving the LGBT spurs flag at gay pride either. They're two different flags for two different groups. Lumping them together just makes you look ignorant.

Or MAYBE you've done a shit job of making your point?

Nope. I said the Rainbow flag is political and the club are hypocrites for allowing it. Clear as daylight.
You clearly understood, because you have been arguing that it is not political. My stance hasnt altered.

If you think the club is allowing the LGBT spurs flag for the wrong reasons just say that.

I did. Over, and over, and over again.

Whether or not it was on purpose you've come across as an idiot and a homophobe.

And you've come across as a hysterical moral fuckwit who thinks I sound homophobic because I said:

If only is damn right. Would eliminate hypocrisy and double standards and replace it with common sense.

My view = we are all equal =

No need to announce my sexuality/race/colour/gender/religion with groups and flags.

One and the same. I judge the person.

and

A rainbow flag is obviously political.

You can try and make out like Im some kind of homophobe all you like....but Im the one talking about people, and you are the one talking about gay people, as if "they" all think alike and enjoy the same the things.

I dont distinguish. I dont see them as different, therefore I dont see why they should have a flag to announce their sexuality. Its as normal as being straight to me.

If you want equality, stop separating things and putting them on display to show how tolerant you are.

I take it as a given they should be allowed to enjoy the game....next you will be telling me that women shouldnt be groped in the office. Some things go without saying.

Politics doesnt equate to revolution. The rainbow flag is about gay rights. Its political, and political flags are banned....except this one.

and

I am against one particular group being able to hang a political flag, when its banned for everyone else.

I find it hypocritical and counter productive, and would feel the same if it was Firemans Union flag, or a Poppy Day banner etc, however harmless or "good" they might be seen as.

Allow political flags, or dont.

You clearly have no idea what homophobia is, if my posts sound homophobic to you.

The flags arent the same. Australia has a union jack in its flag, but you dont think of australia when people mention great britain. I doubt people are going to be waving the LGBT spurs flag at gay pride either. They're two different flags for two different groups. Lumping them together just makes you look ignorant.

Separating them as if the rainbow on the Spurs version is simply a neutral, conicidental mish mash of pretty colours, that has nothing to do with Gay Rights, makes you sound like an total, and complete knob.

Late joing the party here, gents, but how is a rainbow flag political? The flag is about equality and showing that we are not accepting of homophobia. I see it no differently than anti-racist flags.

I personally don't think a flag is political unless it has some sort of slogan or message on it. Otherwise a flag is just a banner for a group to unite and recognise each other by. If the group it represents is "political" thats one thing but the flag is an inanimate object, it can have no agenda. Anyway, being political isn't a bad thing. Being controversial, thats something else entirely. If someone displayed a palestinian flag, or a tibetan flag... or a Korean unification flag, thats very different. As I've said many times, this flag isn't a pride movement flag, its an LGBT SPURS flag. All LGBT SPURS stand for, is like... gays and lesbians that like going to tottenham matches. They have no political agenda. They have no ideals. They just wanna meet up and go to the football together. Politics do NOT come into, in the slightest.

Even the pride movement isn't really that political. Its not so much laws they fight for, not in this country at least, in some countries the pride flag would get you killed and then it takes on an entirely different meaning. Here though, its more of a moral thing than a political thing. Its about acceptance and understanding more than freedom from persecution. Not now gay marriage is legal anyway. If the pride flag had "let gays marry" on it, it becomes political... but the pride flag alone just means you're accepting of, or are LGBT.

Anyone that considers the pride flag political is suspicious to me. Its just a symbol, thats all. The way you look at that symbol depends on your views of the thing it represents. To the best of my knowledge, there have been no recent wars, uprisings or demonstrations by the LGBT community. Certainly not any that have caused controversy.

Back
Top Bottom