In Search of Kane's Replacement

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you cannot afford to buy the best striker in Europe, why would you be silly enough to sell the best Striker in Europe ?

………oh yeah :levyeyes:

Of course, Spurs cannot replace Kane should he leave (and I understand if he does want to leave - but that another discussion).
I see these players as realistic targets

Dusan Vlahovic
Luka Jovic (he's got talent but not sure how much of a "bump" his stint at Real Madrid have had)
Donyell Malen
Myron Badou
Jonathan David
Aleksander Isak ( I know he just extended his contract with Real Sociedad)
Kasper Dolberg (no, not because of the Euros)

Of course, Spurs cannot replace Kane should he leave (and I understand if he does want to leave - but that another discussion).
I see these players as realistic targets

Dusan Vlahovic
Luka Jovic (he's got talent but not sure how much of a "bump" his stint at Real Madrid have had)
Donyell Malen
Myron Badou
Jonathan David
Aleksander Isak ( I know he just extended his contract with Real Sociedad)
Kasper Dolberg (no, not because of the Euros)

All of them are levels below Harry sadly. I used to think Dolberg was awful but he has looked a decent player in these Euros. Out of those listed I think David would be the best signing potentially, though he's a completely different type of player to Kane. The only thing Jovic has proven so far is that he can score goals in a very mediocre league.

Is he though...

I think the answer to this is what is the question?

Irreplaceable in what context is what we need to establish.

Is Kane going to lead us glory? Well there is some evidence that it is unlikely so are we doomed if we lose him or is it that it sends the completely wrong message?

In a couple of years, three at most, Kane will be past his best and at which point he will probably have to be replaced.

It's not a binary answer.

I laugh out loud to those of you who say Kane is irreplaceable lol

Nobody is indispensable at any football club in the world

If we could get anywhere near the figures being mentioned for Kane then I say take the money Levy because Kane’s stock will only start to fall from this point on buy Vlahovic for the 51 million being quoted and move on.

Maybe look to bring Kane back in 4 years time much like Sheringham when he’s won his trophies

Back
Top Bottom