In Search of Kane's Replacement

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What?

We are gonna replace beat striker in the world with Championship player? Really?

Or even the likes of Adams, Bamford or Armstrong....

Belloti past his prime. I would rather take Vlahovic.

Watkins is good player, but we need vocal point, he's not the level of Spurs yet.

If Kane ia sold, I would buy Vlahovic/Daka/Ings and GREALISH. Put that 100M and Villa will accept.

Grealish will be going to bigger club than us.
Man Utd considered favourites to land him if he moves anywhere. We are not in the Top 5 suitors for him.

Man Utd considered favourites to land him if he moves anywhere. We are not in the Top 5 suitors for him.

When you say bigger in modern football that means simply more money. if a sheikh buys Sunderland in 5-10 season they will be a bigger club than us.

So City will be an option.

United target is Sancho, they cannot afors them both.
If you spunk 100M in the table, you see how fast he's ours.

Think we would look at all of :-

Bamford
Ings
Depay
Daka
Toney
Dybala
Edouard
Abraham
Calvert-Lewin
O.Dembele
Watkins

and look to bring 2 in.

I'd like to see us bring in Toney plus an experienced striker like Ings. Say we got somewhere around £130-150m for Kane...that would leave us plenty of moollah to spend on reinforcing the CB/CM/RW positions once deadwood has been cut out of the club.

Good job nobody else needs a good striker and we have plenty of experience trying to sign one since Berbatov left so we will snap one up instantly

The inevitable is now very much a reality following near criminal mismanagement by ENIC, Hitchen and co.

Below is a list of achievable transfers for a upper-midtable team of our stature now

- Andre Silva
- Vlahovic
- Watkins
- Belotti

Any other realistic options?

ESPN has solved your problem.

:bergwijnconfused:

Belotti out of contract in a month time (just saying). I don't think he may be the answer, but him plus another one (Ings?) could be good imo

Trying to do like for like will be a massive step down so we should change the approach.

In Son and Bergjwin we already have two "wingers" who are able to float across the front line. I think any striker we sign needs to be of this mould. Ings fits the bill of a striker who can do a job on the wing.

Properly coach movement and get plenty of rotation in there along with an aggressive press.

I don't think we should go for a classic number 9 unless it's a plan B a la Llorente/Wood/Big Vin.

So either we sign two wing/forwards e.g. Ings and Daka types or we go Ings plus Wood as a plan B.

Personally I think we have to be looking to sign two first teamers so I would go the first route and forget the plan B for now. We are not yet ready to rely on Bergjwin to start and Dele should be sold or used as rotation next season but they can be the back ups for now alongside Lucas and Bale.

I'm not too enthused on Bale but it could be worth keeping him around for one more season while we transition away from Kane and use him to put the shit teams to the sword but go for a high energy front line against the best teams. He's still good for 15 goals a season.

Lloris
New RB - Toby - New CB - Reguilon
Skipp
Lo Celso -- New CM
Daka -- Ings -- Son
I think we need 3 new first team signings if Kane was to stay and 5 if he goes.

We really need to push the boat out and get a top quality RB and CB. A decent defence could transform us.

A new creative CM will be needed if we lose Kane's creativity. Ndombele is the enigma and doesn't seem to work with PEH and Lo Celso in a 3. I'm getting less confident by the day that he will deliver for us.

Skipp, Lo Celso and PEH isn't very creative but looks energetic and balanced and could make us more solid against the better sides.

If we get a decent manager in and are ruthless with our business this summer the picture could look a lot rosier come August. Football moves fast.

Back
Top Bottom