In search of Mourinho's successor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If John Thomas John Thomas rumor is to be true I give us a 90% chance of being in this same situation in 2 years time.

Levy, come to these boards. See what geniuses like myself, Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb , TeamSpirit™ TeamSpirit™ , ShutUpPatrik ShutUpPatrik , hiatus hiatus have been cracking on about.

Put us in charge of your managerial search. We'll be done in a day and then we'll just have to slowly convince ArcspacE ArcspacE that the world isn't ending, which should take as long as Potter's appointment, decades as he wins us trophies and builds a dynasty ala Ferguson. 😊

But if his loan was successful like Skippy’s then his value would increase?

Hopefully he’ll start on Sunday and come good at last provided Ryan hasn’t already called him a lazy little cunt in training!
I could have explained my response better. What I meant was if Levy was interested in Dele’s value growing, he wouldn’t have blocked the loan.

Flick's departure seems partly down to personality issues though. Bayern think managers are employees, and not gods, and Flick expected more respect for what he did. And apparently he didn't get along with their Sporting Director and upper management. The reported story was that it wasn't that they were thinking his achievements weren't good enough, it was that they didn't think it meant he suddenly was someone deserving more than other Bayern managers had received. He felt he did, so he walked for the only job bigger than Bayern for a German manager.
Apparently on a coach journey back from a game, Flick said to the Sporting Director “oh just shut the fuck up”.

Not a great relationship.

Exciting news for sure, but I think Bayern would be very hard to turn down. The only reason I could see him turning them down would be because Flick literally won everything possible and somehow this season wasn't good enough for them.
From what I've read Flick had a falling out with Hasan Salihamidzic their Sporting Director, I've not read anything concrete to suggest what the specifics are. He oversees transfer activity (amongst other things) so there's naturally speculation that it's transfer related.

Also, Rummenigge is supposed to be an absolute cunt to work for, famously slagging off Van Gaal at an Club meal post-match in front of all the big wigs and I think he made some snide comments about Pep's football too.

So from what I've read, it wasn't that they didn't think him good enough, just that they are extremely demanding and political infrastructure.

>Nagelsmann to Spurs
>Klopp at Liverpool
>Tuchel at Chelsea
>Farke back up with Norwich

Premier league 21/22 season looking German as fuck.

And Woolwich will bring in The Hoff, to complete the set...

tumblr_lw6oqlnqDJ1r4z4xco1_400.gif

From what I've read Flick had a falling out with Hasan Salihamidzic their Sporting Director, I've not read anything concrete to suggest what the specifics are. He oversees transfer activity (amongst other things) so there's naturally speculation that it's transfer related.

Also, Rummenigge is supposed to be an absolute cunt to work for, famously slagging off Van Gaal at an Club meal post-match in front of all the big wigs and I think he made some snide comments about Pep's football too.

So from what I've read, it wasn't that they didn't think him good enough, just that they are extremely demanding and political infrastructure.

Bayern, be it a very well ran club from the outside, seems to be a place you stay for just a couple of years. Interesting insight into why. It works for them though; they buy up all the german talent and have a vision for the club.

At this point, Levy's vision is this:

Throwing Money GIF by memecandy

Bayern, be it a very well ran club from the outside, seems to be a place you stay for just a couple of years. Interesting insight into why. It works for them though; they buy up all the german talent and have a vision for the club.

I think the gif runs in reverse in his head.

When domestically all you have to do is ensure you stifle just one major rival it does become easy, especially when you dominate them financially and when your rival isn't rich enough to prevent themselves from becoming a feeder club.

PL is genuinely difficult to finish in top 4, every single top team has failed to do so in the last 11yrs, only City this has happened just the once, for everyone else it's happen twice or more.

That said I would agree with the vision aspect and the ridiculous desission to bring in a manager long past his sell by date.

If it's Martinez I'm jumping out of a high window

His last couple of years at Everton were a complete shambles

And has he really done that much with Belgium considering the squad at his disposal ?

If it's Martinez I'm jumping out of a high window

His last couple of years at Everton were a complete shambles

And has he really done that much with Belgium considering the squad at his disposal ?
I think Martinez is only linked to this job in the mind of his agent. At least, I really, really hope so.

Lack of a Sporting Director with commitment to an idea of how to play football is the main cause of that.
It really depends if that's the brief of the DoF. Baldini had no such brief for example.

I am all in favour of a DoF to own the Club footballing philosophy, so regardless of who the manager is the principles are adhered to. Levy had proven by hiring the dinosaur that the philosophy of the football club isn't understood.

Great to hear Mason's press conference talking about a Spurs DNA and Identity.

Back
Top Bottom