In search of Mourinho's successor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't ever watch dodgy foreign streams. But keep trying to spread the BS that foreign fans are lesser, makes you look like a real super duper awesome fan.

Will you see me at a game? Definitely not. Will actual supporters? Yes.
Doubt it people like you know nothing about Spurs and our history.
Proved earlier today with your lack of Knowledge

There is such a distinct difference between the reported list of candidates and the betting market that it makes me feel like some agents of these managers put a thousand down on their man just to move the numbers.

There is such a distinct difference between the reported list of candidates and the betting market that it makes me feel like some agents of these managers put a thousand down on their man just to move the numbers.

The betting markets just want to take peoples money they care about names that get people to spend not about accuracy.

Next Spurs manager odds

Odds on the next Tottenham manager via Betfair:
  • Maurizio Sarri – 13-5
  • Julian Nagelsmann – 6-1
  • Brendan Rodgers – 6-1
  • Erik ten Hag – 9-1
  • Scott Parker – 9-1
  • Ryan Mason – 9-1
  • Rafa Benitez – 10-1
  • Nuno Espirito Santo – 10-1
  • Eddie Howe – 11-1
  • Graham Potter – 14-1
  • Roberto Martinez – 14-1
  • Jurgen Klinsmann – 16-1
  • Marcelino – 16-1
  • Gareth Southgate – 20-1
  • Massimiliano Allegri – 20-1
  • Steven Gerrard – 20-1
  • Ledley King – 20-1
  • Daniel Farke – 25-1
  • Jesse Marsch – 25-1
  • Marcelo Bielsa – 33-1
  • Antonio Conte – 33-1
Looking at this list only three names stand out:
Nagelsmann, but will be off to Bayern before the weeks out. Why would he pick spurs and Levy over Bayern. He will not. Also the buy out is 25m which is never happening even if he didn’t go to Bayern.
Gerrard has done wonders at rangers and done well in Europe, very small sample size of two seasons and will be waiting for the liverpool job.
Bielsa plays great football to watch

I mean, I don't think any of us like Rodgers, but you cannot deny he is a competent manager who coaches attacking football. I think we all would like someone else ideally, but as a guy after Jose, he'll be fine.
Don't have any feelings towards him really...he's a good manager right? Do people not like him?

This makes it sound like a done deal.

I wouldn't say a done deal, but it does sound like no current national team managers are on the table.

giphy.gif

I wouldn't say a done deal, but it does sound like no current national team managers are on the table.

giphy.gif
The national team manager meme (Martinez, Southgate) made no sense. It would basically be 2 months down the drain.

If Levy actually uses his brain and appoints a real sporting director/DoF along with the manager (or Rangnick who is both) and gets out of the way then we might actually have things to look forward to.

Ajax can (likely will) wrap up the title this weekend. Rangnick is unemployed.

I think it's one of the two, probably Ten Hag.
Doubt Rangnick would work with Levy.

Ten Hag would require a clear out and more technical players. Not sure he would be able to handle the step up to the PL. For comparison, Koeman was also successful in the eredivisie with Ajax and PSV.

Back
Top Bottom