In search of Mourinho's successor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just want a manager who is part of better decisions.

It is unbelievable how many bad decisions we seem to have made.

Imagine Cavani and Lindgard making a bigger impact than Bale. Consider the abject failure of Mourinho and although not a decision by the manager another example of how we either get it wrong or how it works out poorly.

The last good move was honestly Alli. Since him next to nothing

It needs correcting.

I just want a manager who is part of better decisions.

It is unbelievable how many bad decisions we seem to have made.

Imagine Cavani and Lindgard making a bigger impact than Bale. Consider the abject failure of Mourinho and although not a decision by the manager another example of how we either get it wrong or how it works out poorly.

The last good move was honestly Alli. Since him next to nothing

It needs correcting.

We don’t have a proper system. Cavani and Lindgard where players brought in to fix a hole in their respective teams.

I have no idea if Bale was brought in to do the same but Joseball mainly consisted of kicking the ball up to Kane and hoping it worked. We had more complexity in our play under Gerry Francis than Jose. We can’t just be punt to Bale and hope.

We need a coherent style of play and to start looking like a team again. Then we will see Bale making an impact. If Bale had gone to United or West Ham he would have had a far better season.

Last edited:
We don’t have a proper system. Cavani and Lindgard where players brought in to fix a whole in their respective teams.

I have no idea if Bale was brought in to do the same but Joseball mainly consisted of kicking the ball up to Kane and hoping it worked. We had more complexity in our play under Gerry Francis than Jose. We can’t just be punt to Bale and hope.

We need a coherent style of play and to start looking like a team again. Then we will see Bale making an impact. If Bale had gone to United or West Ham he would have had a far better season.

Agree with that and what an indictment on us as a club.

Good little read.

Is he touting himself or being honest? Not sure he is going to get the time or support at a big club but someone should take him I feel.

Is Potter able to steer a club to success even If he does not have the best ools? Is anyone?

Good little read.

Is he touting himself or being honest? Not sure he is going to get the time or support at a big club but someone should take him I feel.

Is Potter able to steer a club to success even If he does not have the best ools? Is anyone?
We should have taken him ahead of Nuno in the summer - that much is clear now

The appointment of that Portuguese fraud has to be one of Levy's most shameful moments in money-pinching

Last edited:

The appointment of that Portugues fraud has to be one of Levy's most shameful moments

It was a really bad move. I agree 100% on that and Potter would have now started to embed a culture with the club.

Pochettino had arguably done no more at a similar time in his career and yet we took that punt.

The appointment of that Portugues fraud has to be one of Levy's most shameful moments
he's made so many mistakes, but it appears no-one at board level calls him out on them,
Stadium Build management
Jack Grealish transfer
SahA & Nelson
etc etc

man-dance.gif

Back
Top Bottom