Inter Milan H Sun 4 Aug 15:00 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We tend to scapegoat an individual for errors, but I would say that was a whole defensive line error. Sanchez jumped to challenge when Verts was already pushing high. Danny was behind KWP who should be setting the line being the ball side. KWP was possibly letting him run due to the high line Verts, Sanchez, and himself were setting.

Many areas to place your focus. A collective fuck up. KWP will learn, but will that be at the expense of team form? Hope not

He isn't strong enough in defense or attack, and is totally lost to where he should be when the opposition has the ball.

To lose a man like he did for the Inter goal shows just how poor a defender he really is.
His body is not built for defending, it's too fragile. If we don't got a new RB this week we're fucked

No it needs more work on the training ground. The intricate style has to come from the manager and coaches, if they want to play that way
Some of our players are quite workmanlike in their ability and you can't teach them to become more than that in their mid to late twenties. That's the kind of basic coaching that happens at a younger age and also to some extent it's down to natural talent. It's very rare for players to suddenly improve leaps and bounds midway in their career. I'm talking about changing our style entirely by buying 5-6 new players who can play one touch passing triangles like it's second nature to them. Not necessarily the finished articles in every way, but young raw talents who need time and good management to grow up and hone their innate ability, but they gotta have it to begin with.

No it needs more work on the training ground. The intricate style has to come from the manager and coaches, if they want to play that way
Yes, but you need the technical ability to execute it. We don't have that so therefore the need for some new blood.

Blimey some serious criticism for a game being played at barely above walking pace most of the time, not much pressing by either team it's been little more than a training run .... bring on a couple of likely starters for next week and see how that works out ....
Pitch looks great, players certainly seem to understand the tactics, just need a bit more urgency ... to expect that in a friendly just a week before the EPL starts, maybe that's expecting a bit much ....

Harry is playing out left oddly enough with Lamela handling the middle channel. Def not a hard diamond imo. Either way, it’s fluid and I am happy Poch is testing ideas when he can.

Same old probs with the shitty diamond then innit....

- Kane ends up not in a CF position all too frequently.
- The man at he tip of the diamond is easily crowded and he can't make a decisive final pass cos the front two are out too wide.
- Needs more product from FB too otherwise the creative onus in the final third all falls to that one man.

Ooooh, 2nd half.... 👍

Last edited:
Too many shifts as the deepest man? Loved a vertical when he first broke through...

That is maybe a factor, and as that deep 4 type, his job does require more discipline and to do things simply and effectively, keep things ticking , but there are still times when he needs to have the courage - if he actually sees it, and that's another debate - to play a more incisive pass. Ndombele is a great example of that. I also think Skipp is very exciting in this respect, I think he's tenacious and dynamic without the ball, but sees and makes incisive passes too.

We tend to scapegoat an individual for errors, but I would say that was a whole defensive line error. Sanchez jumped to challenge when Verts was already pushing high. Danny was behind KWP who should be setting the line being the ball side. KWP was possibly letting him run due to the high line Verts, Sanchez, and himself were setting.

Many areas to place your focus. A collective fuck up. KWP will learn, but will that be at the expense of team form? Hope not

Agree. And it was just a good bit of football by Inter too

Back
Top Bottom