International Break Watch

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The worst int. break.... Such a momentum killer.

.......and no fans want this right now either; they're all reveling in start of their club side's new season.
Unless you’re a chav

Gossiping Drama Queen GIF by Bachelor in Paradise

This time last season, before the international break, we were 3rd in the table. Having won 4 and drawn 2 of our 6 games.
I remember feeling silly because despite a fantastic start, I wasn't happy as it was just unenjoyable rubbish - The football was just dire and it felt like we were riding our luck.

The performances were awful last season bar one or two.

2 weeks until we play again. FFS. I’m sure this place will be a lovely, genial and welcoming place to debate the issues of the day.

:mourweird: :conteshock:

A thread to chat about our players during the international break.

I think all of the below have been called up, but let me know if I've missed any. I've just included players of note.

Vicario

Sanchez
Perisic
Davies
Romero
VDV
Udogie (U21)

Maddison
Hojbjerg
Sarr
Bissouma

Solomon
Johnson
Richarlison
Son
Kulu

Porro, Emerson, Gil and Skipp all get a rest. GLC and Bentancur injured.
I was a split second away from posting Johnson not in the senior squad...... :oops: :D

I think this fits under here, because I’m bored of this international break already and I’m over-excited about Spurs and still want to talk about them.

I was ruminating on which animals would best represent members of our squad.

Ange Postecoglou
gorilla GIF

James Maddison
looking GIF

Christian Romero
Angry Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

(In this one he’s helping a team mate celebrate a goal)

Oliver Skipp

Sorry, quiet work day, I’m just enjoying a virtual data security briefing.

Things have changed. Last season I was happy the international break came along so I didn't have to go through watching us play. Now I'm fucking fuming I've got to wait 2 weeks and hope we maintain our momentum and nobody gets injured.
lovely game to come back to, sheff united at home. nice little tune up for the two games after.

just shows you can get lucky with fixtures, shit like this can completely change a season. Woolwich got really lucky last year they had easy run of games at the start and built momentum and confidence. a tougher run of games could of seen them have a completely different season.

With a lot of players on international duty, I think that leaves Austin, Whiteman, Dier, Porro, Forster, Lo Celso, Skipp, Gil (injured) Bentancur (injured) and Sessegnon (injured), from the first team squad

Some of the best u21's also away on international duty (including Phillips and Dorrington), so I think our best youngsters left are :

GK - None
Defenders - Paskotsi, Sayers, Abbott (inj ?), Lyons-Foster,
Midfield - Craig, John, Robson
Forwards - Alonso, Lankshear, Soonsup-Bell Wiliams

Probably another half dozen that might as well join up given how few first team players there are.

Last edited:
Pain in the arse these international breaks. Wish they would just fuck off
Just glad that for the first time in a long time, our players won't be looking to the international break to escape the struggles of the club.

One good thing to mention;

Sonny hasn’t got much travelling to do in this international break. South Korea are playing Wales in Cardiff on Thursday, and then Saudi in Newcastle a week on Tuesday.

He won’t be leaving the UK
A bit mad that Koreans won't get to watch their own team at all during the break. I get the logistical issues, but should have tried to play at least one game at home.

I assumed that this break was for two Euro qualifiers, but I’ve just read that one is a friendly against Scotland. WTF? That bunch will treat it like the WC final and kick lumps out of the England players.

Back
Top Bottom