Is a league cup final worth it?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dont ever think we are too big to win the leage cup becayse we are not. We need a trophy, big clubs compete to win everything.
I still want to win i just dont think it would mean the same as it did then. Its sad but both domestic cup competitions have been completely devalued because if the money in the CL and the PL resulting in second string teams

Dont ever think we are too big to win the leage cup becayse we are not. We need a trophy, big clubs compete to win everything.
It’s not about being to big to win it , it’s the fact that would a season full of negative boring gauge your eyes out with a spoon football be worth it for winning the league cup? To me it’s a no,
I used to enjoy and look forward to watching is play , now it seems like a chore

No.

On a side note, where are the fans (and there were plenty on here) who said they would happily accept a couple of trophies in exchange for watching this dross week in, week out. They have well and truly retreated to the woodwork.

Has to be LC and one of FA/EL too. On its own, a meagre LC and that embarrassing 3rd tier European campaign will be pathetic. Obvs LC and 4th would be amazing from here, but it’s not going to happen.

Europa League is everything now!

We ain't fucking beating Manchester City

This is the main point.

But in answer to the question, I'm going to say yes.

At least we'd have a fucking trophy. What did we have to show for the great team we had under Redknapp, under Pochettino? Nothing.

That doesn't mean I think Graham or Ramos were better managers than those two, or that we were more enjoyable to watch. But I'd take a mid-table finish and a trophy right now. It would at least make me feel happy about Spurs.

Then sack Mourinho for his failures in the league and move on.

This is the main point.

But in answer to the question, I'm going to say yes.

At least we'd have a fucking trophy. What did we have to show for the great team we had under Redknapp, under Pochettino? Nothing.

That doesn't mean I think Graham or Ramos were better managers than those two, or that we were more enjoyable to watch. But I'd take a mid-table finish and a trophy right now. It would at least make me feel happy about Spurs.

Then sack Mourinho for his failures in the league and move on.
Problem is, Levy won't think this way.

We convinced ourselves that winning the League Cup in '99 was worth it, regardless of the fact GG won it for us, and we could just put his boring tactics, and previous club to the back of our minds for one day...

That was 22 years ago... we were in a very different position as a club back then...

'Apparently' we've moved on, and yet here we are, pretty much still hoping for the same thing to happen this season....
...some things never change!

Problem is, Levy won't think this way.

He got rid of Ramos pretty sharpish.

Fact is, I'm a trophy whore. I want Spurs to win stuff, like we all do. We grew as a club under Redknapp and Pochettino, but I'll look back at their time with massive disappointment.

At this point I just want us to break our trophy duck then rebuild.

Yeah, but the really big clubs compete to win the big trophies and never find themselves relegated to the Europa League

Yeah, but the really big clubs compete to win the big trophies and never find themselves relegated to the Europa League
Other 'big clubs' are investing a bit more than Levy does.

Some examples:
The £400m truth about Liverpool's Premier League title win and how Man City really compare

Pep Guardiola's transfer record at Man City with a net spend of £565m

Frank Lampard just got £200m this summer

The best managers are only able to compete if they get their desired players and budget.
Which desired players did our manager get this summer?
That's not even close to an overhaul.

Reguilon: £27.00m
Höjbjerg: £14.94m
Rodon, came from championship : £9.00m

As a result people expected him to win the Premier League, Europa League, EFL Cup and even the FA Cup, that happened just 2 months ago. Too high expectations will always hit a wall.

Who ever thinks that Jose will be sacked soon is delusional. He will get another transfer window to adjust the squad to his needs. It's a weird season with a spreading virus where clubs are trying to safe money (unless you have oil money).
The board will judge his performance on future results and sack him if it's necessary. Even tho some made it a running gag here, but there are still other 3 competitions to play. It's remarkable how ppl lost their head in this forum

Back
Top Bottom