Is booing your own team ever justified?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's a human reaction. It's not clever but mocking your own players like Davinson Sanchez is dumb, cruel, and nasty and I condemn all Spurs fans who did it. The same 'fans' don't treat cheating officials to help their team, no they are like being in a library in the stadium. Waste of space!

99% of the forum was OK with it when it was Ndomble, so yeah probably.
Explain what was wrong with boing ndombele? It was not his lack of skill that turned the fans against him, it was his utter lack of effort. If you had ever paid to actually watch a game you would know, players who don't put in the effort but take your money get it in the neck!

I wouldn't personally boo Sanchez because he is just criminally shite, but Id boo the manager for bringing him on in the first place!

You can't or at least shouldn't boo someone for being shit, although feeling angry at watching someone steeling a living is more than acceptable, but booing some lazy assed bastard who by his actions or lack of such, are an insult, yeah that's more than fair game.

Explain what was wrong with boing ndombele? It was not his lack of skill that turned the fans against him, it was his utter lack of effort. If you had ever paid to actually watch a game you would know, players who don't put in the effort but take your money get it in the neck!

I wouldn't personally boo Sanchez because he is just criminally shite, but Id boo the manager for bringing him on in the first place!

You can't or at least shouldn't boo someone for being shit, although feeling angry at watching someone steeling a living is more than acceptable, but booing some lazy assed bastard who by his actions or lack of such, are an insult, yeah that's more than fair game.

Erm, chill out. I didn't say there was anything wrong it.

The thread title is "is booing your own team EVER justified"... clearly yes, it is sometimes justified, as long as its a player who is considered lazy/disinterested.

this is the thing. a lot of the boo's would of been for the decision to bring him on but because theres no way of making that clear it looks like its just for sanchez.

Maybe it was when his every touch got booed?
yea some of it was out of order, but the original boo is for the decision to bring him on its not for him personally. it was beyond stupid to bring him on, the fans were proved right, which they was always going to be as anyone with half a brain who understands football would of realised it was brain dead decision to bring him on. hes a walking calamity.

if the fans didnt boo its not like sanchez is not going to be sanchez. fans are sick of watching the management make brain dead decisions over and over again, complete incompetence. the sooner these italian mugs fuck off the better

Booing the team at half time or full time is perfectly acceptable.

Booing Sanchez from the moment he was brought on was just stupid.

I don't like to hear booing against individual players and have never done it (I didn't even boo Ndombele, but only because I didn't realize the issue at the time!)
What upset me was the boos for Davison were louder than they were for Party.
I think it's a bit much to expect a decent performance from someone who hardly gets minutes.

Booing the team at the end of the game is fine, if the effort has not been good enough.
Booing individual players is bullying and can totally destroy someone.
The treatment Sanchez got was pathetic and everyone was surprised when he made a couple of costly errors..
The lad got booed before he even kicked a ball, so is it really a shock that he performed like he did?

It's a human reaction. It's not clever but mocking your own players like Davinson Sanchez is dumb, cruel, and nasty and I condemn all Spurs fans who did it. The same 'fans' don't treat cheating officials to help their team, no they are like being in a library in the stadium. Waste of space!
Booing a sub I get, and booing after a game or HT…. Booing a players every touch is disgraceful

Booing the team at the end of the game is fine, if the effort has not been good enough.
Booing individual players is bullying and can totally destroy someone.
The treatment Sanchez got was pathetic and everyone was surprised when he made a couple of costly errors..
The lad got booed before he even kicked a ball, so is it really a shock that he performed like he did?

Yeah, well said.

He was booed going on, during and then coming off. In what universe is that helpful ?

I cant judge the crowd, but to me it seems they were venting the sad state of affairs overall. Dav, took one for the team.

He did not select himself.

The fury needs to be directed at those in power.

I think booing a team can be fine if you're in a situation that requires booing. Lack of effort all round etc.

Reminds me of when Brighton fans booed their team at times last season when they were fighting middle of the Prem table for the first time in their history and playing good football.

Back
Top Bottom