Is booing your own team ever justified?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sanchez hasn't made mistakes EVERY time he's played, but I get what you mean.

Yes, I too fork out loads of money to go & watch Spurs play and I get as annoyed as you do - the raw emotion is why I love the game - and I moan and I swear and I cheer and I jump for joy too, but I won't take part in collective booing of one of my own team, for the reasons I've already stated.

I go to WHL to SUPPORT The Spurs. I am a SUPPORTER. My own loudest noises are reserved for the goals we score and those cheating opposition cunts who sit on the grass, pretending to be hurt. Any poor play from us (and there's plenty of it!!!) gets a moment of cursing, followed by shouts of ENCOURAGEMENT.

I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

:dierpochhug:
it feels like he makes a mistake every time he plays. hence why fans dont wanna see him on the pitch its not because they dont like the look of him its because of how poor his performances have been.

emerson had the same thing earlier in the season because conte kept persisting with him and he was ruining our attacks in the final third.

end of the day the manager shoulnt even have players in them positions, its fucking rare!! weve had it twice this year! says all you need to know about this italian mugs

you are such a sad little cuck its embarrassing. yea the italian mug was right to bring the donkey on who cant stand on his feet!! well done.. im not wasting anymore of my time on you, youre a pathetic little gimp.
Your charming manner won't work with me - you'll need to buy me dinner first

I'm looking forward to it, an evening in your company must be enthralling

sad to see you disagreed with my suggestion about you becoming a technical consultant to the current management set up. With your bottomless knowledge the team could only benefit.

Another opportunity lost

It was pretty loud where I was sat
I was near the South Stand (block 123, Shelf Side), looked all around me and couldn't actually see a single person booing. I could hear it though.
60k fans booing is a ridiculous assertion - that would have to include the Bournemouth fans, who were more than happy for him to be on the pitch - probably cheering him to the rafters! Seriously, it was a few thousand.

If no one booed on Saturday, we'd have finished that match 343, Sanchez still on, probably beaten 3 or 4-1
Scary thought, but our management is so passive, that it takes 60k fans booing to make something happen.
Maybe when we're on day 72 of the manager search, 60k fans can stand outside Levys door booing.
What game were you at? 60,000 booing??

I was near the South Stand (block 123, Shelf Side), looked all around me and couldn't actually see a single person booing. I could hear it though.
60k fans booing is a ridiculous assertion - that would have to include the Bournemouth fans, who were more than happy for him to be on the pitch - probably cheering him to the rafters! Seriously, it was a few thousand.
It was loudest when he was subbed off, that's when it got really OTT. Maybe you were still having a pint?

Although the new water cartons mean you can have that at your seat now
:levylol:

That would actually be hilarious

If I wasn't a season ticket holder
Hmmmm - can I believe anything posted by someone who claims 60k fans were booing on Saturday?
It was loudest when he was subbed off, that's when it got really OTT. Maybe you were still having a pint?

Although the new water cartons mean you can have that at your seat now
:levylol:
Nice to see you think you're funny. I don't actually leave my seat at half time - to me it's a mug's game, totally unappealing, so no I wasn't 'having a pint'. I go there for the football!
What I found interesting was seeing tons of people leaving their seats in the South Stand to get a beer from 30-minutes onwards - those people are REALLY desperate dypsos, don't you think?

Bit unfair on Sanchez as he had a very good spell replacing Romero last season in which the team didn't concede a single goal. He's not been used much since so is probably a bit rusty. Booing a player is not something I agree with as it can ruin his confidence and make things worse. It's different with a manager or the owners of course.

Hmmmm - can I believe anything posted by someone who claims 60k fans were booing on Saturday?

Nice to see you think you're funny. I don't actually leave my seat at half time - to me it's a mug's game, totally unappealing, so no I wasn't 'having a pint'. I go there for the football!
What I found interesting was seeing tons of people leaving their seats in the South Stand to get a beer from 30-minutes onwards - those people are REALLY desperate dypsos, don't you think?
I go for a piss if I need it, I don't drink in general, let alone at games.
I DO feel a lot of our (and general) fans watch games so pissed they have no idea what is happening.

Next time you're there, watch how many people come back to their seats with 2, 3 even 4 white cartons of "water"

To answer the opening post. Booing is only justified if the player is obviously not trying their best, otherwise it’s really not on imo and no good can come from it

Back
Top Bottom