Is booing your own team ever justified?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nah man, booing is not justified, players putting in clinical dead effort like today should be met with a round of applause and we should be thankful we’re witnessing these football prototypes at Spurs.

Nah man, booing is not justified, players putting in clinical dead effort like today should be met with a round of applause and we should be thankful we’re witnessing these football prototypes at Spurs.
I'm not into booing, it's simply not productive. If you're upset about days like today, don't go, don't watch, and don't buy merchandise.

Levy and the players won't be thinking about boos later. They won't be concerned with negative songs. Empty seats and loss of revenue is the only thing that will prompt ownership to make changes.

. Empty seats and loss of revenue is the only thing that will prompt ownership to make changes…..this I’m afraid it’s come to this

I wouldn’t boo myself, but I can completely understand the anger from the fans who have spend their hard earned money and travelled a long way, just to see their team play like absolute shit. To lose 6-1 is utterly humiliating, these guys are paid like 50k a week and to watch them make schoolboy errors on the pitch is really frustrating.
Management has a LOT to answer for, but sometimes it feels like certain players are taking the absolute piss and don’t care if they win or lose.

I wouldn’t boo myself, but I can completely understand the anger from the fans who have spend their hard earned money and travelled a long way, just to see their team play like absolute shit. To lose 6-1 is utterly humiliating, these guys are paid like 50k a week and to watch them make schoolboy errors on the pitch is really frustrating.
Management has a LOT to answer for, but sometimes it feels like certain players are taking the absolute piss and don’t care if they win or lose.
Never mind booing I'd like to give nearly all of them a real good kick up the arse. Literally.

Yes, booing is acceptable. Not when there's 100% effort, not when you're just not as good as the other team, not when the luck isn't with you.

But when these absolute bunch of phonies put the effort in they did today... Yeah, absolutely, it's the only way that will force change.

I'm not going on Thurs, but it has to be toxic. Our players, Levy, the world, have to know how we feel. I'm sorry, but what other way is there? Even if we win, would that excuse anything we've seen recently?

Disgrace.

Empty seats..., BUT the non tourists who have bought seats have already paid for them. If they decide not to go they can recoup the cost by selling online, and some tourist or away fan will buy the seat. The owner's revenue won't go down, and the seats will not be empty.

I do not just mean Son fans from Korea. Lots of visitors to London would love to see a PL game - any PL game. When I go to big cities abroad, I sometimes try to see local sports events.

In sport as in war, morale is a huge thing, and I suppose that a team, like an army, can enter a spiral of bad morale from which it cannot easily escape. Saying "the punishment beatings will continue until morale improves" doesn't usually help. Armies can be turned around , A unit that runs away one say may stand and fight against impossible odds the next. How to make a sports team do this I do not know.

Question for anyone that went up there today... Did the Spurs fans boo at HT/FT? or were most of them already passing the Angel of the North by then?

I was near the South Stand (block 123, Shelf Side), looked all around me and couldn't actually see a single person booing. I could hear it though.
60k fans booing is a ridiculous assertion - that would have to include the Bournemouth fans, who were more than happy for him to be on the pitch - probably cheering him to the rafters! Seriously, it was a few thousand.
I was in the south stand, row 70, and there was a lot of booing from behind me, but by no means was it loads.

Just stop opening our wallets for the baldy for 1 year and I guarantee you there will be a change.

It will never happen though.....

Back
Top Bottom