Is It Time to Remove The Woolwich Filter?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Given the filter removes all links with that teams name in, should it be removed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No they weren't.

Or maybe they were.

Maybe I have Woolwich hate I'm not even aware of and didn't read it all before shutting the page down and rubbing chili peppers in my eyes.

What's for sure is people will read and quote the above posts and ignore this one where I am admitting I was wrong.

Cause that's how this place rollz.

Last edited:
No, the people have spoken

I was simply pointing out that it is not factually correct that they're called Woolwich.
They never have been called that in their history. Not even as a part of their name.
My post above, from there official website says they were.

https://www.Woolwich.com/history/laying-the-foundations

Or maybe they were.

Maybe I have Woolwich hate I'm not even aware of and didn't read it all before shutting the page down and rubbing chili peppers in my eyes.

What's for sure is people will read and quite the above posts and ignore this one where I am admitting I was wrong.

Cause that's how this place rollz.
Fair play mate.
👍

Nice to see this vote going this way.

Early on in the life of this place I remember the term Broken Children of Woolwich being used. Maybe Spooky??

The filter fed into that feeling of not allowing them or us to forget where they are from. Liars and Cheats. The lot of them.
And I knew I had found a place I could call home.

Every time I see Woolwich on here it’s a lovely reminder of those early days of this place and also the fact we belong in North London. They don’t.

And I couldn’t give a flying fuck about posting links tbh.

Nice to see this vote going this way.

Early on in the life of this place I remember the term Broken Children of Woolwich being used. Maybe Spooky??

The filter fed into that feeling of not allowing them or us to forget where they are from. Liars and Cheats. The lot of them.
And I knew I had found a place I could call home.

Every time I see Woolwich on here it’s a lovely reminder of those early days of this place and also the fact we belong in North London. They don’t.

And I couldn’t give a flying fuck about posting links tbh.

You have summed this up well, my friend.

I salute you and concur with your views.

Come on TFC - it's ridiculous now.
This is an internet site where we can't post any links that include the a-word because the pathetic filter changes it to Woolwich

I mean - it's a word in the dictionary.

Let the users vote. But before you do vote, consider the problems it causes when trying to post links.
You can always say The Arse(s)

Come on TFC - it's ridiculous now.
This is an internet site where we can't post any links that include the a-word because the pathetic filter changes it to Woolwich
I mean - it's a word in the dictionary.

Let the users vote. But before you do vote, consider the problems it causes when trying to post links.
Your phrase 'it's a word in the dictionary' aroused my curiosity, so off I trotted to Dictionary.com and I was not disappointed.

Here's a screen grab of part of the page, to save you the effort...

0tivrhN.png

1. It seems that Arsenall originates from the Arabic, Arsina'ah (house of handwork :) )
As such, I suggest a new chant:
North London is ours
North London is ours
Fuck off back to Jeddah (you wankers)
North London is ours

2. I enjoyed reading the list of words to be found 'NEARBY ARSENALL'

If you scroll down the page a bit more you find that an alternative word for arsenall is 'dump'.

All this wonderful new knowledge is courtesy of the fact that the forum uses the word Woolwich, so I vote to keep it.

I have a mate who once said to me that Woolwich are special because they’re called The Woolwich and no other club has the definitive article before its name. I reminded him that “The Woolwich” is nothing but a throwback to when they were called “The Woolwich Woolwich”, just like MK Dons is a throwback to Wimbledon. They were the original franchise, the first MK Dons.

I have a mate who once said to me that Woolwich are special because they’re called The Woolwich and no other club has the definitive article before its name. I reminded him that “The Woolwich” is nothing but a throwback to when they were called “The Woolwich Woolwich”, just like MK Dons is a throwback to Wimbledon. They were the original franchise, the first MK Dons.
:avbnaa:

We've got some cunts like that in the US. They go to The Ohio State University. Red cunts, just the same.

Back
Top Bottom