Is it wrong to enjoy or even revel in Arsenals humiliation?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What blame do you apportion to Poch for the semis and finals he lost?

Starting Son as some sort of a full back against the Chavs in 2017 FA Cup semi final, not recalling Hugo to start instead of Vorm in 2018 FA Cup semi final against Man U and selecting a crocked Harry in 2019 European Cup were three very poor selections, which went a long way towards losing all three of those games.

Last edited:
Sir Archibald Crooks Sir Archibald Crooks
It gets boring talking about Poch because it doesn’t fit the mantra he was a brilliant coach.
Had he managed to do In his 11 years as a manger what Arteta just did in 6 months, then I guess we might not be having this discussion
What mantra? He did a great job for 3 years but needed help. He didnt get it, we turned to shite, he seemed uninterested and rightly got sacked. You bring him up every post. Levy and these issues have been around 20 years.

What mantra? He did a great job for 3 years but needed help. He didnt get it, we turned to shite, he seemed uninterested and rightly got sacked. You bring him up every post. Levy and these issues have been around 20 years.
You keep ignoring the facts and spewing the mantra.
I’ll make it simple.
We beat Chelsea three times on the spin.
Can you explain why on the 4th occasion we didn’t have the squad?

Ahhhh sorry I thought you said something about the last ten years and Levy needed to do this and that on two occasions and we are back where we were 12 years ago.....no?

Or is it because you don’t have an answer to Pochs failures that all of a sudden, the past failings of Levy only counts from November 2019?
Pochs gone so his previous failures are irrelevant. Levy is still here so his aren't.

Pochettino had carriage of what have been widely described as the best crop of talent Spurs have had since the 1960’s and he couldn’t win anything with them. There was also the helpful situation during the 2015/16 and 2016/17 seasons of Chavs, Man City, Man U, Bin Dippers all in a state of flux at same time more or less - all sacking managers across those two seasons, Woolwich dying a slow death under Wenger and we still couldn’t capitalise.

Irrelevant. I'd be worried that we've gone backwards and that we have gaps all over the squad with Levy presiding over another last minute trolley dash of a window.
It’s not irrelevant at all.
It’s the reason we haven’t won anything. The squad was good enough between 2016-2018 but the manager wasn’t.
The squad was also good enough to get to a CL final but the manager didn’t have a clue.

It’s not irrelevant at all.
It’s the reason we haven’t won anything. The squad was good enough between 2016-2018 but the manager wasn’t.
The squad was also good enough to get to a CL final but the manager didn’t have a clue.
So you’re ok talking about Poch now? How very predictable
You're clearly obsessed by Poch. Personally i'm more concerned with the here and now.

Considering this thread title appears on a Tottenham Hotspur forum website I would have thought that "Does it go dark at night ?" would have been a much tougher question to answer.

It is not only acceptable to enjoy, revel in and completely savour every misfortune that befalls them, in my opinion it should be obligatory.

You keep ignoring the facts and spewing the mantra.
I’ll make it simple.
We beat Chelsea three times on the spin.
Can you explain why on the 4th occasion we didn’t have the squad?

Of course he can't but neither were our losses due to Pochettino thinking nothing of the domestic competitions.

It's part quirks, mostly an inherent mentality weakness and then something quite inexplicable.

What I do know is that having a maverick, a player who absolutely stands above others and who turns up on that day is something that we last had with Bale. Before him Berbatov.

We lack too much on the biggest biggest moments, players and managers alike.

There is no doubt

Last edited:
I was so proud when we won in 91 to take the record of most FACup wins but now it seems light years away before we can get near reclaiming that title. Think we should retire this thread now.

Back
Top Bottom