Is it wrong to enjoy or even revel in Arsenals humiliation?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There is a lack of investment but that doesnt mean spending stupid money on every player, the 2 aren't muturally exclusive. I'm debating in good faith you're the one with the insults. Again i think the highest paid CEO should have a better transfer policy in place. If he has a blinding summer in the market i'll hold my hands up , the problem is we have too many fans that if we have another crap one will never admit it.
Jokes on them, our CEO pays himself more than their CEO!

That's it in a nutshell. Until we win a trophy, we will be and deserve to be at the butt of every joke. We had a crop of players for a few years that were good enough to win multiple trophies but didn't win anything. Its hard to put that down to anything other than lack of character and bottle in those players and managerial shortcomings.

That’s exactly it mate, lack of bottle and a losers mentality this club have adopted. This is why it pisses me off when Spurs fans put down the league cup. What right does any Spurs fan have to put down any cup competition, considering we win so little. If we would of won a league cup, I’m pretty sure with the team we had, we would of gone onto bigger success as the club would of got the monkey off their back and acquired an actual trophy. I am fed up of it.

I learnt 2 things last night:

1. Living 150 metres or so from their home, I reckon they had a turnout of somewhere around the 1,000 number to celebrate at the stadium. Without being scientific about it, I would guess at the very least 50% of their songs were about us. I remember when we had the inferiority complex about them (hope it doesn't come back...)

2. Their version of 'North London Is Ours' (sic) is to the tune of our West Ham anthem of 'You're Fucking Shit', and not our version, with the added line of 'Fuck Off Back To Woolwich' etc. Keeping it simple.

A productive night.

Come off it mate. He said it in 2016 so spending window should surely be something like 12-16? Not the 16-18 when we spent literally 0..

Not sure what you mean about 12-16.....

What I meant was our fabled 5yrs exactly straddles 2016.... We were spending roughly the same between 14-16 as we were 16-19 (when levy made those statements).....

Discounting this last 12 months; we brought in 22 players (iirc) with a negligible net spend across that period.... Any fluctuation over that period is pretty negligible.

But.....

I am not saying you are wrong about anything else. Just this one thing: you claimed he never said it would affect spending. He CLEARLY did as I quoted you two separate occasions (16 and 19). Just admit it please.

I thought I just did.... But yeh, i got that wrong.

Not trying to snake out of anything.

Who else is sick to death of being laughed at all the time ? The but of all football jokes somewhere along the line involves Spurs. Until we start winning trophies, we will forever be labelled as ultimate losers and to right, it’s bordering on pathetic now. Really pisses me off seeing all those Woolwich fans celebrating and it’s their right. I’m not complaining about them as such, but more to the fact that a shit Woolwich team can win 4 Fa cups in 6 years, yet one of the best Spurs sides in donkeys years can’t achieve or win a single dime. Infuriating supporting Spurs it really is.

Agree, criminal that our 2016-18 team didn't win anything, and watching average teams pick up silverware rubs salt into the wound.

The only good thing about Woolwich winning yesterday is it did spare us the site of the greedy, aggressive, sore loser, badge-kissing Tory twat Lampard lifting the trophy.

Come off it mate. He said it in 2016 so spending window should surely be something like 12-16? Not the 16-18 when we spent literally 0.

I am not saying you are wrong about anything else. Just this one thing: you claimed he never said it would affect spending. He CLEARLY did as I quoted you two separate occasions (16 and 19). Just admit it please.
Apologists will always spin and distract mate.

That’s exactly it mate, lack of bottle and a losers mentality this club have adopted. This is why it pisses me off when Spurs fans put down the league cup. What right does any Spurs fan have to put down any cup competition, considering we win so little. If we would of won a league cup, I’m pretty sure with the team we had, we would of gone onto bigger success as the club would of got the monkey off their back and acquired an actual trophy. I am fed up of it.
Well poch used to dismiss the cup competitions, strange that he adopted that attitude seeing as he failed to win anything.

Arteta 7 months , wins Fa cup

Spurs - 29 years , 21 different managers since last Fa cup

honestly we are a joke.

And in true Spurs tragic comedy fashion, the only two pieces of silverware in the 28 seasons of the EPL era have been delivered by probably the two most unpopular of the 21 managers - George Graham and Juande Ramos.

Apart from using 'of' when you should have used 'have', I agree with every word!
😉

And you are taking the piss out of them for that ? I’m happy to rip into Woolwich any day of the week, but ripping into them winning the Fa cup is ridiculous mate. They have completely torpedoed over our 8 time’s Fa cup record we once proudly held because they win the bloody thing so much in recent times. It’s sickening that despite being better than Woolwich, they always seem to have one over on us. We can say “well we finished above you “, they can come right back at us with “we won a trophy”, it’s sickening it really is.
I wasnt aware I was ripping the piss out of them or anyone else

That 2017 semi against Chelsea was sickening, thought we had them and I can't believe how we managed to lose after Dele equalsied, I was sure we had the momentum to go on and win the game.
Strangely that game for me was far more painful than the CL final defeat.
Honestly after we lost that semi against Chelsea it felt like we were never going to win anything again.

Back
Top Bottom