Is this the dumbest Spurs team ever?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have absolutely no idea what you are on about, and frankly - I couldn't care less.
You keep implying if you knew me - you want meet up for a fist fight. Please don’t make me laugh and have a word with yourself please. Is just the Internet - even for a 75 year old

The irony is that Dier and Aurier are possibly two of the more intelligent people in the playing squad (Dier speaks about 3 or 4 languages doesn't he?) Whilst Aurier wears glasses off the field, so by virtue of that fact alone means he MUST be bright!!

Yet both are consistently 2 of the stupidest footballers in our squad!!

Go figure???
And winks..he's always got this look with his eyebrows up like he is thinking something. Guys an idiot.

So many lists here about players that are dumb and players that need to be sold. Y'all left out Lamela! Shame on you for such an oversight.
That’s because he is quite the opposite of footballing stupid.... a lot of South American footballers have this intuition as to just how far they can push gamesmanship. Lamela is a paragon of this .

Us lot go for the obtuse Anglo Saxon reaction and wonder why they’re staring at a red card!

Intelligence and sporting intelligence are unrelated in my experience

Take Gazza for instance , in footballing terms he was a genius
Outside the game he had the IQ of a flip flop
I have met several sportsmen who on the field could perform tactical computations and pick options and execute them at bewildering speeds but could barely tie their own shoelaces.

It's my belief that the current squad malaise is a motivational issue rather than a lack of sporting intelligence.
Agreed with you completely until the summing up .

I honestly believe this lot as individuals lack footballing nous and as a sum total it’s breathtakingly stupid.

The whole league is full of morons if we're being honest with ourselves. It's just that our morons had a moron in charge for the last 18 months and he has infected their little brains with shit ideas.

Will take some time and confidence to undo it all.

The whole league is full of morons if we're being honest with ourselves. It's just that our morons had a moron in charge for the last 18 months and he has infected their little brains with shit ideas.

Will take some time and confidence to undo it all.
Oh please it’s the most shit excuse I’ve ever heard.
You actually think that our players were told to pass backwards for so long that when a new manager comes in and says “pass forwards” they are so scarred that they don’t know what to do anymore?

Sack them then, for having PTSD over a tactic

Serge brings new levels of stupidity.

Oh how we laughed at Selhurst when he got pinged 4 times for foul throws.

And again when no other outfield player thought it sensible to either take the throws or give him 5 seconds tuition. Or ask the ref what the problem was.

Serge can now limit his brainfarts to maybe 1-2 a game. Playing well for the rest of the time v Citeh and then giving away the daft free kick with a tackle from behind with the striker going away from goal and no danger.

Maybe he's got ADHD. "Look at me!! I'm still here!!"

Back
Top Bottom