Is this the dumbest Spurs team ever?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

maxresdefault.jpg
N’Dombelly??

its mainly the back line, its full of absolute idiots and it shows in every single game. gut that shocking back line out this summer and things will look a hell of a lot brighter next year.

aurier---dier--sanchez--davies

that has to be the thickest bunch of defenders you could field. its a struggle with 1 idiot in the side but 4 is just suicide.

I agree with Mrs P, footballers are a different breed.

Well, bred differently.

I remember seeing in a documentary someone saying they even have people to come and change their lightbulbs and then you realise, those lightbulbs are probably twenty foot high.

It's weird thinking about them in general now I'm older than them, bit like the police.

its mainly the back line, its full of absolute idiots and it shows in every single game. gut that shocking back line out this summer and things will look a hell of a lot brighter next year.

aurier---dier--sanchez--davies

that has to be the thickest bunch of defenders you could field. its a struggle with 1 idiot in the side but 4 is just suicide.
I think Davies is ok but he needs to play week in weekmout. That season rose got injured and wee Ben played 18 or 19 on the trot he got real good as part of a settled back 4 but hasn't happened for him since.

Just to be clear, I was talking about footballing intelligence. A player can have an IQ of 160 and be an idiot when it comes to simple decisions during a game.

Admittedly I also think many of our players are just generally thick, though thankfully not at Darren 'to beat us you have to score more goals than us' Bent-levels.

Thick, self centered and under zero threat of their cushy lifestyle coming to an end any time soon.

One look at the two ballsacks in charge of player sales/recruitment and they know they don't have to bother trying. It's the managers fault innit.

Apart from Kane, Alderweireld, and Lloris this seems like a collection of downright morons. Even if you leave the question of technical ability aside the vast majority of our players seem incapable of making the most basic of decisions.

I'm not saying we need a team of geniuses, but our players really do seem a bit thick.

:dier::auriergrin::balesnarl:
Intelligence and sporting intelligence are unrelated in my experience

Take Gazza for instance , in footballing terms he was a genius
Outside the game he had the IQ of a flip flop
I have met several sportsmen who on the field could perform tactical computations and pick options and execute them at bewildering speeds but could barely tie their own shoelaces.

It's my belief that the current squad malaise is a motivational issue rather than a lack of sporting intelligence.

Most athletes are pretty dumb really because they have to dedicate their lives to it at the expense of studying, ours are unfortunately dumb in their decisions on the field as well.

Harry Kane isn't that intelligent but is brilliant, Frank Lampard has a high IQ but was a shit manager so there must be more to it.

I don't think our players are up to standard which is why a lot of them make mistakes, probably doesn't help they seem to have no clear game plan in the light of shit management.
The fact that a clutch of decent GCSE passes and a high IQ (means virtually nothing) are cited as evidence of 'high intelligence' tells you something about how low the standards are.

West Brom and Fulham have more of an identity than us.

I can't think of a positive thing we do well as a collective. We can't defend, can't pass, awful in possession, our counters aren't fluid as other eams. 90% of the time we are relying on a moment of brilliance by a player or two to get anything going, it's never made to look easy with Tottenham.

You mention Lloris and Toby, but I think Kane is our only player whose positives isn't masked by a some glaring deficiency(-ies).
All of the things you say are true they were also true when we were top and me and one or two other posters were pointing this out (to wide spread derision) ALL of the points you mark speak to a lack of or very poor coaching. Missing out on Tuchel and Naggelsmann is a big mistake we now must get the absolutely best coach available.

Back
Top Bottom