Is this the dumbest Spurs team ever?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Intelligence and sporting intelligence are unrelated in my experience

Take Gazza for instance , in footballing terms he was a genius
Outside the game he had the IQ of a flip flop
I have met several sportsmen who on the field could perform tactical computations and pick options and execute them at bewildering speeds but could barely tie their own shoelaces.

It's my belief that the current squad malaise is a motivational issue rather than a lack of sporting intelligence.
Agreed with you completely until the summing up .

I honestly believe this lot as individuals lack footballing nous and as a sum total it’s breathtakingly stupid.

Every manager says that this season has been difficult to do a lot of tactical coaching. The players are knackered apparently.

But even if they were poorly coached, there’s so many not playing as a team. And shit like tracking your runner, passing to your own player, etc that these fuckers learned when they were ten years old, they just aren’t doing.
I laugh when people think that millionaire professional footballers need to be coached to tackle someone who is through on goal, or shoot, or pass the ball to each other

I laugh when people think that millionaire professional footballers need to be coached to tackle someone who is through on goal, or shoot, or pass the ball to each other

Fcuking bizarre mate.

They need structure and benefit from a coach/manager with a specific philosophy but such basics...

Our team are the embodiment of a frothy drink and the exact opposite of Guinness. We are a team short of a depth of the stern stuff and awash with froth.

Of course it's not just us this season but more than any we betray a complete lack of assurance.

It is honestly the first season in many years where I can only recount 2 games (possibly) where I was completely confident of the outcome going in our favour.

Last edited:
The whole league is full of morons if we're being honest with ourselves. It's just that our morons had a moron in charge for the last 18 months and he has infected their little brains with shit ideas.

Will take some time and confidence to undo it all.

The whole league is full of morons if we're being honest with ourselves. It's just that our morons had a moron in charge for the last 18 months and he has infected their little brains with shit ideas.

Will take some time and confidence to undo it all.
Oh please it’s the most shit excuse I’ve ever heard.
You actually think that our players were told to pass backwards for so long that when a new manager comes in and says “pass forwards” they are so scarred that they don’t know what to do anymore?

Sack them then, for having PTSD over a tactic

Serge brings new levels of stupidity.

Oh how we laughed at Selhurst when he got pinged 4 times for foul throws.

And again when no other outfield player thought it sensible to either take the throws or give him 5 seconds tuition. Or ask the ref what the problem was.

Serge can now limit his brainfarts to maybe 1-2 a game. Playing well for the rest of the time v Citeh and then giving away the daft free kick with a tackle from behind with the striker going away from goal and no danger.

Maybe he's got ADHD. "Look at me!! I'm still here!!"

Back
Top Bottom