Is this the start of a relegation battle?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are win a relegation battle (at the start of November)

• Yes 100%. I’m shitting it. The players don’t want it.

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • No. Top 4 is definitely still achievable

Votes: 49 49.5%
  • Yes. Only if Poch stays. He’s the problem not the players.

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • Not sure. But I’m still undecided about Brexit as well.

Votes: 17 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I got a bit heated tonight, I have a mate who got diagnosed with lung cancer a month ago...he got rushed to hospital this morning with breathing problems and I was waiting on a call to see how he is...I came on here and got a bit pissed off at seeing people worrying about football as if it was the be and end all, when it's fucking not....

Anyway turns out he has pneumonia....stupid cunt is still smoking, no helping some people...
Get where you're coming from Arty. Having a bit of a hard time myself with one thing and another, and it's daft expecting Spurs to "make it all better", at the moment it's the complete opposite!
Hope things get better for your friend x

Funny because you have never....ever, once acknowledged that the club spent 25M in January 2018, in an effort to get our target in before the summer. But here you are going back a decade and talking about January signings.
Poch even said at the time he was a siging for the next season (18/19) but you have relentlessly pushed your mantra that he got no players that year.

Just shy of TWO YEARS on and Moura is STILL a benchwarmer, getting the Janssen treatment.
People laughed when I said it would be the same with Lo Celso. Oh look...

Look at Ndombele not getting a full game while Dele gets 90 and touches the ball twice all game.
Look at Poch saying new payers need AT LEAST a season to make an impact, maybe TWO.

And look at you.....STILL thinking that if we sign a player in January, ´that he´ll even get a game this season.

You never learn John....you never, ever learn.

Eriksen was covering the RB yesterday. Poch sold the RB who is second in La Liga, first choice at one the biggest clubs in the world under one of the best managers on the planet.
Where´s KWP John? In the bin....

But we are, hoping that we should sign a world class RB in fucking January, and if we dont, the chairman is the problem.

Pathetic
Got to agree here. There seems to be an inability to integrate new signings

We will definitely getting relegated from top 4 and better of without EL.

Relegation from PL will be a suicidal job by little levy and big headed poch and will result both removed. Both are ruining the club.

We will definitely getting relegated from top 4 and better of without EL.

Relegation from PL will be a suicidal job by little levy and big headed poch and will result both removed. Both are ruining the club.

ENIC are ruining the club, full stop, people don't want to see it because they think flashy stadiums are all that matters, they would rather celebrate profit and shiny new things than give a shit about what's happening on the pitch.

ENIC are going to make profit wherever we finish as long as we stay in the PL, the stadium is a money generating machine, they have our club held hostage and are more interested in securing worldwide recognition as a brand so they can take in profits outside of football than they are about actually making us compete for silverware.

Poch has turned into AVB 2.0 at this point as well, stubborn and pigheaded, refusing to change and doesn't have a clue how to integrate players apparently.

So yeah, ENIC, JL, Levy and Poch along with some players are all equal in blame as far as I am concerned.

6pts above the relegation zone and three teams below us have a game in hand.

Haven’t won in the league since beating Southampton in September and haven’t won away since January

Supporting Poch is supporting this situation.
There is no turn around without a sacking.
But we got to a final that we didn't win ...

Spurs look anything but a team at the moment. Regardless of which 11 players start, it’s generally the same passive and very poor football.
To scrape a draw at home to Sheffield United thanks to an improbable VAR intervention shows exactly where it’s at just now.
Little or no sign of things improving as the games go by, something has to change.

Last edited:
Don't blame Poch, blame the board.
Nothing new since Jan, poor run. Poch knew squad is not good enough, asked for signings and overhaul but no action from the club, may be NFL and other stadium activities brings same or even more profit with less risk to the owners, why bother with THFC!

I blame Poch more than the board. Didn't want Lo Celso when he was £20m, fancied him when he was closer to £60m, wanted Aurier over Ricardo, didn't fancy Maddison, played Son as a fullback, gave Lucas 3 minutes to make a difference yesterday, didn't utilise Llorente well enough, completely longed Janssen off when we could have done with him in 5-10 games where Kane could have done with a rest at least.

I don't like to lay blame when people don't mean to do what they do but if we are pointing fingers I don't see how Poch gets a clearer look than Levy does it that's just how I see it.

Last edited:
Don't blame Poch, blame the board.
Nothing new since Jan, poor run. Poch knew squad is not good enough, asked for signings and overhaul but no action from the club, may be NFL and other stadium activities brings same or even more profit with less risk to the owners, why bother with THFC!

I blame both

Back
Top Bottom