Is this the start of a relegation battle?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are win a relegation battle (at the start of November)

• Yes 100%. I’m shitting it. The players don’t want it.

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • No. Top 4 is definitely still achievable

Votes: 49 49.5%
  • Yes. Only if Poch stays. He’s the problem not the players.

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • Not sure. But I’m still undecided about Brexit as well.

Votes: 17 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last time relegation became a plausible reality (Frazwe Campbell-Gate) we actually spent some dough in January.

Funny because you have never....ever, once acknowledged that the club spent 25M in January 2018, in an effort to get our target in before the summer. But here you are going back a decade and talking about January signings.
Poch even said at the time he was a siging for the next season (18/19) but you have relentlessly pushed your mantra that he got no players that year.

Just shy of TWO YEARS on and Moura is STILL a benchwarmer, getting the Janssen treatment.
People laughed when I said it would be the same with Lo Celso. Oh look...

Look at Ndombele not getting a full game while Dele gets 90 and touches the ball twice all game.
Look at Poch saying new payers need AT LEAST a season to make an impact, maybe TWO.

And look at you.....STILL thinking that if we sign a player in January, ´that he´ll even get a game this season.

You never learn John....you never, ever learn.

Eriksen was covering the RB yesterday. Poch sold the RB who is second in La Liga, first choice at one the biggest clubs in the world under one of the best managers on the planet.
Where´s KWP John? In the bin....

But we are, hoping that we should sign a world class RB in fucking January, and if we dont, the chairman is the problem.

Pathetic

We haven't even played a decent team at home this season. Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Leicester, Utd, Woolwich,Wolves still to come at NWHL, plus the Spammers for their cup final and they did best us at home last season

With the form we are in and the absence of any confidence we are really going to struggle to pick up points from those home games. This and our rotten away form means we have a massive battle ahead. I don't think Poch has the nous to get us out of this rut

He might still not be close to getting in full gear... you know he needs 18 to 24 months for that...

So players need a fifth/sixth of their playing career time, just to get up to speed for Poch.

Genuinely astonishing that he gets away with some of the drivel he spouts.

And when does that principle apply to him eh?

It's a shame we didn't sign a world class right back in the summer when we sold Trippier. Or even when we sold Walker.
The key to success is replacing the players you sell with better players.
Anyway, like I said in the blame game thread, , the reasons for our alarming decline are not all attributal to one person.. It's a combined clusterfuck.
I guess your'e one of the clowns who still think it's all on Poch, and sacking him will make everything glorious again. That's cool.

John, Poch isn’t even playing our signings. He’s a weirdo.

I’m happy to blame Levy for the state of our contracts, but we sign a first class rb, Poch will have him doing the bleep Test for two years and having him warm the bench. He’s as pig headed as our chairman and nowhere near successful enough to act the way he does.

Ndombele is our biggest signing ever. Hand on heart, do you have any idea what Poch’s plan is for him?

Leave it out FFS..
We all know we are underperforming and life is shit at the moment but do we really need 30 different polls to prove it?

Relegation battle? Dear me, we are becoming Woolwich fans, the same Woolwich fans we rip the piss out of week in week out..

New knickers please...

6pts above the relegation zone and three teams below us have a game in hand.

Haven’t won in the league since beating Southampton in September and haven’t won away since January

Supporting Poch is supporting this situation.
There is no turn around without a sacking.

I think it is - no way would Chavs and Leicester keep winning for the next 26 games

All teams will drop points - we just need a solid run of 4-5 consecutive wins to build up some momentum and most importantly - confidence

Have you watched Leicester or Chelsea recently?

It's utter madness to suggest Leicester & Chelsea will slip away, while their performances suggest the opposite, while expecting us to win 4 or 5 in a row, when our performances indicate we couldn't win against a five-a-side team.

What fucking planet are some of you on.

All these people saying united or spurs are in relegation battles are morons. All it takes is a streak of 3 wins and a relegation team is way ahead of the pack. Dumb as fuck we are 10 games in... 3 which were away to City, liverpool, Woolwich.

we would have to play WAY worse than we already have been for the 75% of the season left.

Sounds awful mate, did it give you concussion or anything like that?

Well I am glad you're ok mate, we might disagree on the football but you're still a spurs supporter and even if you wasn't I wouldn't wish that upon anyone.
I got a bit heated tonight, I have a mate who got diagnosed with lung cancer a month ago...he got rushed to hospital this morning with breathing problems and I was waiting on a call to see how he is...I came on here and got a bit pissed off at seeing people worrying about football as if it was the be and end all, when it's fucking not....

Anyway turns out he has pneumonia....stupid cunt is still smoking, no helping some people...

But we are, hoping that we should sign a world class RB in fucking January, and if we dont, the chairman is the problem.

Pathetic
It's a shame we didn't sign a world class right back in the summer when we sold Trippier. Or even when we sold Walker.
The key to success is replacing the players you sell with better players.
Anyway, like I said in the blame game thread, , the reasons for our alarming decline are not all attributal to one person.. It's a combined clusterfuck.
I guess your'e one of the clowns who still think it's all on Poch, and sacking him will make everything glorious again and wonderful again.
The answer to everything.. That's cool.
Kinda weird, but still cool

Last edited:
I don’t buy the 18-24 month bedding in period that Poch talks about regarding our new signings- even if he is right I would rather he played Ndombele and Lo
Celso than the “fully bedded in” Ali and Eriksen.

It's bollocks. Players either fit in straight away or take time to settle; either way, they need as much first team football as possible; keeping them away from the team or reducing the amount of time they spend on the pitch achieves nothing and squanders whatever potential they might have.

5 points between 7th and 18th. Utd where two points above relegation on Saturday, and are now 7th.

I don't know what to think anymore. Which narrative am i supposed to believe in?

Help me Talk Sport! Tell me what to think!!

I dunno, it just seems like a lot of people aren't cut out to support a club through thick and thin any more,... the amount of crap I have to wade through on this site these days is getting beyond a fucking joke...we're fucking shite at the minute, get over it...

Again. Worst we've played in decades, twice as close to 5th as 18th. We're not in a relegation fight, nor will we be in one. Doesn't mean we aren't shit, doesn't mean things are ok, doesn't mean big changes don't need to be made. Just means the talk of relegation is a ridiculous over reaction.
Again. I am saying that there is no such thing as being too good to go down.

1pt per game average this calendar year. Do the Johnny Mathis. Maybe statistically the chances are slim, but they sure as shit aren't 0%. I don't see it as a real possibility at this point, but if results don't change between now and the New Year then I would really worry about our squad and their ability to fight for points rather than reach for the phone.

Back
Top Bottom