Italian football!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Back in the 90s I probably knew more about Italian football than the English game. Gazetter Italia on a Saturday followed by a live game on the Sunday. 1990 World Cup is the one I have the best memories of. I loved Paolo Maldini but I have to admit to liking Juventus the most, favourite players Roberto Baggio (the Divine Ponytail) and Alessandro del Piero. Would have gone to Turin if I could have got myself a ticket.
I love Italian food and all the places I have visited have been thoroughly enjoyable.
Yeah, I was a Juventus fan too.

Yeah, loved every minute of that. I loved Football Italia, never missed a game.
I used to watch it too. During the documentary I was like "All these games they're talking about that ended 3:3 and 4:3 and so on. This is not how I remember Football Italia at all." Then there's a screenshot of a list of results from one day and over half of them were 0:0. Now that is the Football Italia I remember!

The magazine show on a Saturday I think? Was great bit like when you watched the same idea of American football just the touchdowns,runs and hits they had a magazine programme or maybe a round up can't remember? some of the Italian games were erm a bit boring but it was their style... Ps as for watching a whole American football game .no,no,no,no,no you give up the will to live watching that.:confused:

The magazine show on a Saturday I think? Was great bit like when you watched the same idea of American football just the touchdowns,runs and hits they had a magazine programme or maybe a round up can't remember? some of the Italian games were erm a bit boring but it was their style... Ps as for watching a whole American football game .no,no,no,no,no you give up the will to live watching that.:confused:
Yeah, Channel 4 and Nicky Horne...epic.

Back in the 90s I probably knew more about Italian football than the English game. Gazetter Italia on a Saturday followed by a live game on the Sunday. 1990 World Cup is the one I have the best memories of. I loved Paolo Maldini but I have to admit to liking Juventus the most, favourite players Roberto Baggio (the Divine Ponytail) and Alessandro del Piero. Would have gone to Turin if I could have got myself a ticket.
I love Italian food and all the places I have visited have been thoroughly enjoyable.
In the ‘90 we had a super player in serie A: Italian team always After the level lowered.
they were present at the Champions League, Cup Winners' Cup and UEFA Cup finals.
After Premier League and Liga went to a higher level

I could never get my head around the number of top players that represented all 3 of Inter, Juventus and Milan ... probably throw in Lazio as well for a lot of them. That could never happen in England.

I could never get my head around the number of top players that represented all 3 of Inter, Juventus and Milan ... probably throw in Lazio as well for a lot of them. That could never happen in England.
It's crazy how far the overall quality of Serie A has fallen. As I alluded to earlier, I found Italian football a bit dull but there's no arguing the players were far better than what was in the Premier League at the time. AC Milan getting served by an absolutely dogshit English team (forget their name) in the Europa League/UEFA Cup would have been unthinkable. I guess that's what lots of match-fixing scandals will do to a league.

It's crazy how far the overall quality of Serie A has fallen. As I alluded to earlier, I found Italian football a bit dull but there's no arguing the players were far better than what was in the Premier League at the time. AC Milan getting served by an absolutely dogshit English team (forget their name) in the Europa League/UEFA Cup would have been unthinkable. I guess that's what lots of match-fixing scandals will do to a league.
Yeah as I said the diluted magazine programme was the best way to highlight the league guy at my work used to record the live games and watch them later there was a lot of 1-1 and 1-0! They had flair players that could score but that just wasn't the mentality.

Surely Real Madrid.

Milan is important only for mood: serie A ends 20 May.

Real Madrid play a Las Palmas and Zidane will leave a Madrid many players: Cristiano Ronaldo, Kroos, Marcelo, Ramos, Carvajal e Isco.

Allegri he cannot do a turn over versus Milan.
Feeling confident tonight? Think Madrid will edge it with a score draw or even one goal advantage in a win they get stronger as the tournament goes on!

Feeling confident tonight? Think Madrid will edge it with a score draw or even one goal advantage in a win they get stronger as the tournament goes on!

I hope to make a good game to avenge Cardiff. The victory with Milan (and the draw of Napoli) will allow all energies to converge on tonight. Real Madrid is full, we are missing players but it is very important not to look for an alibi.

Last year against Barcelona seemed impossible and instead it went well. Real Madrid have won 3 of the last 4 Champions (we eliminated them in the semi-finals in 2015).

To raise the level and / or keep it high you have to win these games without looking for an alibi. Rain is expected in Turin, it will be a battle. If they will prove to be stronger.

meanwhile in naples the championship was basically over with 5 minutes to go (0-1)... but 2 goals for napoli in the last 5 minutes and there is still hope!

gazza_mediagallery-fullscreen.jpg

Back
Top Bottom