Italian football!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which teams fans make up the majority of the national teams fan base? Or is there political undertones regarding some teams like would Roma and Lazio join together?

Supportes team:

1) Juventus
2)Milan
3)Inter
4)Napoli
5)Roma

Anne Frank diary to be read at Serie A games after Lazio fans’ antisemitism

Lazio always is politically oriented: extreme right. In recent years, even the Roma fans have politicized towards the extreme right.
If I'm not mistaken there is a link with political groups like Casapound and Fratelli d'Italia, extremists.Do you remember Di Canio? He is a former Lazio, Roman from a popular neighborhood and very close to these groups.

I remember a Rome Lazio alliance.In Rome the fans' radios are terrible, 24/7, football and polemics. The environment is very different from Turin and Milan.

Confusion reigns as Rome derby postponed

There's one thing that has to be admired but perhaps it more a culture thing or Italian mentality and that is over the years some if not most of the great Italian players of various generations have opted to stay in Italy and play their football! Maldini,Baresi,Totti,Baggio,Zoff,Buffon why this is the case I'm not sure because each of the players I've mentioned could have walked into any club side in Europe and made avast amount of money but obviously they were either well paid in Italy or money wasn't their ambition and fair play to them if it wasn't pity more players had the same attitude.
I lived there for three years and a friend told me that the reason more Italians (not just footballers) don't emigrate is that they worry you can't find proper coffee outside Italy. I didn't think he was being serious until I went on a training exercise for three weeks in southern Germany with a few hundred Italian colleagues and I saw how miserable they all were when presented with German coffee (they called it 'dirty water'). On the journey back to Milan we stopped at the first Agip service station on the Italian side of the Brenner pass and I watched as 200 of my Italian colleagues jostled to be served at the bar first, and then I got it.

I lived there for three years and a friend told me that the reason more Italians (not just footballers) don't emigrate is that they worry you can't find proper coffee outside Italy. I didn't think he was being serious until I went on a training exercise for three weeks in southern Germany with a few hundred Italian colleagues and I saw how miserable they all were when presented with German coffee (they called it 'dirty water'). On the journey back to Milan we stopped at the first Agip service station on the Italian side of the Brenner pass and I watched as 200 of my Italian colleagues jostled to be served at the bar first, and then I got it.

No wonder they’re so animated!

Coffee is a way of life but to understand a situation, follow the money.

Sorry but reality is different. Baresi, Maldini etc played in the Serie A when it was the best Championship. Italian teams took the best players. Today it's different: Serie A is lower than Premier League and Liga. What I tell you, you can verify it from careers. Vialli, Klinsmann , Ravanelli ( Boro), Di Canio (WH) ecc. came to the Premier League at the end of their career. Zola in Italy had before Del Piero, Baggio.
The best leagues are those with the highest salaries. The only exception: Bayern Munich, PSG (Neymar) and China. For China you can only go for a lot of money (Oscar, Witsel, Pelle ').

Maldini’s Milan won
1988-1989, 1989-1990, 1993-1994, 2002-2003, 2006-2007
1989, 1990, 1994, 2003, 2007
1989, 1990

Real Madrid also began to spend a lot in 2000. He bought Zidane from Juventus. With that money we bought: Thuram, Cannavaro and Nedved.

So if your Italian your life revolves around coffee and football? But it has to be good coffee but the football....well erm we will put up with it ;)

I’m Juventus’s supporter and I like football ( and coffee) but my life it depends on something else.

I don’t even want to have pay TV for Juventus matchs. :)

So which match is more important? Milan or Madrid

Surely Real Madrid.

Milan is important only for mood: serie A ends 20 May.

Real Madrid play a Las Palmas and Zidane will leave a Madrid many players: Cristiano Ronaldo, Kroos, Marcelo, Ramos, Carvajal e Isco.

Allegri he cannot do a turn over versus Milan.

Last edited:
Back in the 90s I probably knew more about Italian football than the English game. Gazetter Italia on a Saturday followed by a live game on the Sunday. 1990 World Cup is the one I have the best memories of. I loved Paolo Maldini but I have to admit to liking Juventus the most, favourite players Roberto Baggio (the Divine Ponytail) and Alessandro del Piero. Would have gone to Turin if I could have got myself a ticket.
I love Italian food and all the places I have visited have been thoroughly enjoyable.

Back
Top Bottom