Italian football!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thanks for the posts. I know you’re Juve but Genoa C.F.C. have some class about them.

This 125th Anniversary shirt is beautiful:

Genoa-maglia-home-125-anni.jpg

Sampdoria and Genoa are two clubs that I appreciate and have both two beautiful sweaters. Living in Genoa then I noticed that the City has many ties with London and with UK I think for a speech of commercial exchanges.

Sampdoria home
1_7.jpg

Sampdoria away
89df907c600eed533a59f217704f.jpeg

Shirt historical Genoa

toffs-genoa-maglia-storica-1915.jpg

Last edited:
I went to Mugello in 2006 and sat in the Ducati grandstand (Correntaio). Fantastic circuit and unique atmosphere. "Bellissimo!" as the track commentator rightly said.

Both years I was in the meadow, Borgo San Lorenzo / Materassi curves area. I particularly remember a race with Rossi-Biagi-Capirossi very close all the time: impressive!

In Milan this weekend. AC against Empoli on Friday night, the match was supposed to be Sunday but got moved, so we might do Torino v Atalanta on Saturday.

Yep no wags on this trip.....

In Milan this weekend. AC against Empoli on Friday night, the match was supposed to be Sunday but got moved, so we might do Torino v Atalanta on Saturday.

Yep no wags on this trip.....

Milan is in great shape. It is a team not of great level (today) but has hit the two purchases Piatek and Pasqueta’.

Atalanta plays a good kick but Torino has just stopped Napoli.

They could be two fun games.

PS The stadiums unfortunately will not be at the level of the English stadiums (only Juventus Stadium)

Last edited:
Milan is in great shape. It is a team not of great level (today) but has hit the two purchases Piatek and Pasqueta’.

L’Atalanta gioca un bel calcio ma il Torino ha appena fermato il Napoli.

Potrebbero essere due partite divertenti.

PS Gli stadi purtroppo non saranno al livello degli stadi inglesi ( solo lo Juventus Stadium)

Yeah, got most of that! My Italian is not that great though!

Milan did good business shifting Higuain to the chavs and brining in Piatek. It's going to make for a good final third of the season for the clubs going for the top 4.

Yeah, got most of that! My Italian is not that great though!

Milan did good business shifting Higuain to the chavs and brining in Piatek. It's going to make for a good final third of the season for the clubs going for the top 4.

Milan "must" reach the top four teams for a sporting / financial speech: otherwise it goes into a crack.

Bonucci was stupid. He thought of taking a foul in the area and instead of defending himself he threw himself to the ground. It was bad.
I don't blame him, it's part of the game, his actions saved Juve from conceding a goal (the 1st), could have been an action that got his team through the game 0-0. As it happened, Atletico Madrid deserved their win by being the better team, so the result on the night was correct.

It does show just how shit VAR is, it was a terrible decision from the ref and those in the VAR control room, it also shows that for those that are demanding VAR to be introduced into the game that it's fucking useless, with mistakes still made. I prefer to accept the errors made in 'real-time' than stopping the game and still making them.

I thought last night in this game that you saw two teams who were VERY clever with the Ref, almost every tackle both sides were looking for the other to be booked or sent off, players who committed the foul also trying to look like they were fouled, I quite enjoyed the game because of this.

I don't blame him, it's part of the game, his actions saved Juve from conceding a goal (the 1st), could have been an action that got his team through the game 0-0. As it happened, Atletico Madrid deserved their win by being the better team, so the result on the night was correct.

It does show just how shit VAR is, it was a terrible decision from the ref and those in the VAR control room, it also shows that for those that are demanding VAR to be introduced into the game that it's fucking useless, with mistakes still made. I prefer to accept the errors made in 'real-time' than stopping the game and still making them.

I thought last night in this game that you saw two teams who were VERY clever with the Ref, almost every tackle both sides were looking for the other to be booked or sent off, players who committed the foul also trying to look like they were fouled, I quite enjoyed the game because of this.

Statistically, the VAR has made more corrections than errors. I agree with you about the change of the game but I think it will also change the attitude of the players on the pitch. From time to time they will understand that it makes no sense to make smart because someone can stop the game and warn. For example, next time Bonucci, I do not think he will throw himself on the ground hoping for something. It will remain standing because it is not convenient to risk in that part of the field.

Statistically, the VAR has made more corrections than errors. I agree with you about the change of the game but I think it will also change the attitude of the players on the pitch. From time to time they will understand that it makes no sense to make smart because someone can stop the game and warn. For example, next time Bonucci, I do not think he will throw himself on the ground hoping for something. It will remain standing because it is not convenient to risk in that part of the field.
Based on the game last night I would disagree, because every time there was a shot/block/corner/potential free kick/goal etc.... the players from both sides were asking for a review. I think it was for their 2nd goal Bonucci also threw himself to the floor, then all the Juve payers were surrounding the ref to review it. I think it is far, far worse situation.

If I was playing, as part of my preparations for a game I would practice making contact in the box, if the ball is going to the back post then a player in the middle of the box or front of the box should make it look like they've been fouled. This way, the player who the cross is aimed at (back post) has a chance to get on the end of the cross, for the other players they can all try to win a penalty in case the man on the back post fails to score, it gives them a 2nd chance. The same can happen in the reverse, the defenders who aren't at the back post (where the ball is going) can also pretend to be fouled in the hope that here is a review and if a goal scored it will be disallowed.

This we saw last night and this will only get worse, the incentive is there to do it. It's easier to do with VAR than without.

Atletico was very reluctant, leaving the initiative to the opponent so to speak as the pressing and the doubles prevented to build: a gem of tactics.
They held for 90 minutes.
Here we explain the decline in the Liga. If you read the Spanish press you understand that they too are surprised because of the very bad last performances of the Colchoneros.
Juventus instead has accumulated a flood of points on the second in Serie A to get no n the best in the game that counts.
The attitude also does the state of form. Go there to defend, it makes no sense.

Back
Top Bottom