It's Hoddle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wonder if they've patched things up..........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/3012723.stm

Former Tottenham skipper Tim Sherwood has joined the criticism of Glenn Hoddle, reportedly saying the Spurs boss should be sacked if the north London club wants success.
Hoddle came under fire this week over Spurs' decision to release Teddy Sheringham at the end of the season.

And Sherwood, who had four years at White Hart Lane before joining Division One title-winners Portsmouth in January says Hoddle's approach has alienated Spurs players.

"No one at Tottenham would shed a single tear if Glenn Hoddle was sacked tomorrow," Sherwood told The Sun.

"The only way they will bring success back to Tottenham is through a change of manager.

"The dressing room is not together and there is no team spirit. Nobody is busting a gut for the manager.

"The kids have far more respect for guys like Teddy Sheringham, Gus Poyet and Steffen Freund than they do for Hoddle.

"They all turn to the experienced pros for encouragement and advice because the manager won't accept anyone else's point of view and just leaves them all confused.

"The way Hoddle has treated a senior player like Freund is an absolute disgrace. And the decision to release Teddy is entirely down to him.

"When Hoddle was appointed two years ago, there were people at the club who saw him as the God of White Hart Lane. But it certainly hasn't worked out that way.

"You don't need to be a rocket scientist to realise that there is a major problem at the club. And you don't have to be a genius to work out what that problem is."

Hoddle dismissed Sherwood's verbal assault, saying: "I haven't got much to say.

"All I will say on that very, very quickly would be that it's strange that nine months ago he was desperate to stay at this club.

"I was honest enough to let him know that we wouldn't extend his contract.

"As soon as that happened his tune soon changed and has had an axe to grind since then.

"What he probably will not want to let you know is that he was out seven months with a knee injury. He was out from pre-season right through to Christmas.

Hoddle added: "There are a lot of things I could say but as a manager, I won't lower myself to that level."

Hoddle does have a few weird views on life in general but he also has a good football brain.

With someone like Gary Neville at his side he may well do a good job, my worry is, he's been out of the game too long and players attitudes and egos have changed which could spark a clash of personalities.

Liverpool got dalgleish back and he couldn't cope with the changes.

He was great legend on the field but if I see him now as a pundit now he is so fucking cringey. I'd think I would rather stick with Sherwood and Co for the rest of the season if the next 2 results are good.

"I'm concerned that these people out there really are believing that that is the sort of thing that I would come out and say." - Glenn Hoddle

We all know how Journalists love to twist a quote to their own ends.

A lot of Hoddle's words got twisted in that interview. Plus it has no f*ckin relevance. Some players believe in Islam and Christianity and to me that is just as barmy.

Plus Glenn has already managed us after that whole furore anyway so I don't know why people suddenly have an issue with it now.

Last edited:
Such a load of bullshit in this thread. The man is a class act as a manager. It just didnt help that he had a shit squad at Spurs. You are all forgetting just how shit we was 10 years ago ffs!
His England record is good enough, and he commands more than enough respect off the playing staff.

So GTFO.

People are letting his reputation at the club cloud your judgement. Fantastic player, poor manager.

He had England playing great football... Judas header against the Argies stands and who knows what might have happened.

Remember the caliber of player he was given to work with when he was with us.

Such a load of bullshit in this thread. The man is a class act as a manager. It just didnt help that he had a shit squad at Spurs. You are all forgetting just how shit we was 10 years ago ffs!
His England record is good enough, and he commands more than enough respect off the playing staff.

So GTFO.

What are you basing this on. He has managed just a couple of seasons in the premier league and was England manager but that was 10 years ago.

Just because he has a good philosophy about how the game shoul be played doesn't mean he has the skills to bring it to life on the pitch and get results. Otherwise do you not think he would have done so already at least at some level?

if he said it , it makes me despise him as a human being so why would i stand behind a man i despise ?

we could sign Di Canio and say , hey he is a fascist but thats nothing to do with football

Well you can fuck off then if you despise Glenn Hoddle. Are you spurs or not for fucks sake?

So GTFO.

He done as good as could be expected in all honesty with the team we had back then. Top half finishes and a League Cup Final.

Back
Top Bottom