It's Hoddle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rather a horrible stone in the shoe but George Graham did better than him and won us some silverware with similar resources, not that I want him back either.

He may have done a decent job with shit players for us 10-12 years ago, and a fairly good job with England even further back, but the fact is that football has changed and evolved since then, tactically. I can't help feeling that Hoddle's tactics will not have changed or evolved, a case in point being the hypothetical team he picked on Sky the other week.

Well you can fuck off then if you despise Glenn Hoddle. Are you spurs or not for fucks sake?

He done as good as could be expected in all honesty with the team we had back then. Top half finishes and a League Cup Final.
look someone has an opinion on something and another spurs fan gets abusive , did not take your medicin dear ? Typical of us to be having a go amongst ourselves, you could just disagree no ? He was an awesome player no doubt but having different opinions doesnt make you more or less spurs

I said IF he said it , i despise him - having a disabled sister in law and seeing the struggles she has in life makes me despise his comments

but in the light of the recent atmosphere i can only say , well fuck you too mister i am so spurs

cunt

He had England playing great football... Judas header against the Argies stands and who knows what might have happened.

Remember the caliber of player he was given to work with when he was with us.

Dean Richards, Postiga, Acimovic, Bunjecevic..........he was given money but just signed bad players

I'm not convinced with all the Hoddle hype, like most people on hear are saying "we forget how bad it was". He hasn't done well at any club he's managed in the leagues although he has had a few good cup runs. The guys obviously a 'cup manager', he would do well in Europe, the cups and he was obviously very good as England manager.

I think it takes a special kind of manager to do well on the international level but I haven't seen many managers who have been good at both disciplines, they are very different animals with different approaches required.

I think most people would agree with me that they would rather us do well in the league and get into the CL slots again then have a few good cup runs and get knocked out in lottery finals over and over again. Isn't that what we had with AVB, and Ramos after all? Good cup runs, good performances in Europe but not enough in the league.

Dean Richards, Postiga, Acimovic, Bunjecevic..........he was given money but just signed bad players

player team date fee
Dean Richards Southampton Sep-01 £8,100,000
Robbie Keane Leeds United Aug-02 £7,000,000
Helder Postiga FC Porto (Portugal) Jun-03 £6,250,000 (cond.)
Christian Ziege Liverpool Jul-01 £4,000,000
Frederic Kanoute West Ham United Aug-03 £3,500,000
Bobby Zamora Brighton and Hove Albion Jul-03 £1,500,000
Goran Bunjevcevic Red Star Belgrade (Yugoslavia) Jun-01 £1,400,000
Gustavo Poyet Chelsea Jun-01 £1,000,000+
Jonathan Blondel Mouscron Excelsior (Belgium) Jul-02 £800,000
Diego Bortolozzo Unattached Jul-02 Free
Rohan Ricketts Woolwich Jul-02 Free
Jamie Redknapp Liverpool Apr-02 Free
Milenko Acimovic Red Star Belgrade (Yugoslavia) Apr-02 Free
Teddy Sheringham Manchester United May-01 Free

Wouldnt say any of his big money signings aside from Postiga were bad (and he only had 5 games in charge of him + Kanoute) the budget stuff yes.

And remember the kerb crawler was meddling then in the background with the aim of knifing him in the back.

Last edited:
player team date fee

Wouldnt say any of his big money signings aside from Postiga were bad, the budget stuff yes.

And remember the kerb crawler was meddling then in the background with the aim of knifing him in the back.

We ended up with a team of players that was either very old, very shit, or Robbie Keane.

player team date fee

Wouldnt say any of his big money signings aside from Postiga were bad (and he only had 5 games in charge of him + Kanoute) the budget stuff yes.

i hate Blondel , one of the few people in real life i actually hate

but that's not a suprise to most of you i think :)

Last edited:
It was Hoddle's transfer policy - he did exactly the same at Chelsea.....the only difference being he still had high profile mates like Gullit and Vialli to call on then
Really? I'm sure he had bigger and better targets....
Eto'o has held talks with Spurs boss Glenn Hoddle over a possible move to White Hart Land and he admitted that he is interested in a move to North London.

"I met with Glenn Hoddle with my agent Willie McKay in Madrid three weeks ago and discussed a possible move to Tottenham.

"He is a nice man and I really admired him as a player.

"I like the way his teams play and I would be keen on a move to White Hart Lane.

"That is when I scored against England and nut-megged Sol Campebell I was thinking of Tottenham and I would like to dedicate those moments to Tottenham fans."

Then of course there was Rivaldo, Morientes.... but you carry on.

Back
Top Bottom