Jack Clarke

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Far too lightweight and one dimensional as a winger. I really can’t see how he will ever make it here.
Was a silly 10 million to toss away.

I really hope whoever was scouting the Championship for us over the last few years is no longer employed by the club.

Far too lightweight and one dimensional as a winger. I really can’t see how he will ever make it here.

I really hope whoever was scouting the Championship for us over the last few years is no longer employed by the club.

Jack Clarke is the least of our concerns in terms of scouting and getting bang for our trf buck.

As I've said elsewhere, I think the main thing that's lacking in his play is aggression and the confidence to take players on. If we can make him more at home in the opposition penalty area with quick passing and close control, he might have a future with us. He's not going to get anywhere with deep balls from the wing.

I say play him against City behind Harry Kane and see how he fares in a group of experienced attacking forwards. He'll progress a lot better if he's around players who are already doing what we want him to do. Sink or swim time.

He was only ever a gamble in the first place. It seems wrong to pay that kind of money for a gamble, back in the day those kinds of players would be picked up for £50,000. But that's the market. He clearly has talent and we are playing a lot of football next season so I suspect he'll get his chance.

Would imagine he would get minutes in the conference league

If he does stay at THFC this season he will be U21 in both the EPL and ECL and therefore won't have to be named in either squad.
Might be a good idea for him to stick around for ECL games and if he flops we can loan him in the January window.
He has the skill and just needs the bottle-a bit like Ryan S.

Not sure how old he is now but for comparison purposes Lennon I believe was 19 when he first started playing and was a similar small winger. Lennon was not in such a good Spurs team with as many options but was successful. I have seen very little in the brief appearances that Clark has made to suggest he can hold down a place in the side. Sess is competition for a wide attacking player and both need to do a lot more to hold down a starting place. He should get a chance in pre season matches and needs to be brave and take players on. A decision can then be made before the end of the transfer window.

Our fanbase: "WHY DONT WE INVEST IN YOUNG ENGLISH TALENT FROM THE CHAMPIONSHIP?!?!"

Also our fanbase: "WHY ARENT OUR YOUNG PLAYERS IMMEDIATLY HAVING AN IMPACT?!?!?!"

Jack Clarke is 20, had a very weird medical issue, and got screwed by a very strange loan situation. He has talent, but finally needs some consistency and a bit of good luck.

Hopefully he gets that at Spurs, at least through January.

It is still a concern however that our scouts thought he was one of the best talents in the Championship and that he was worth 10 million.

More than happy to see us roll the dice on a cheap young player here and there so long as they're not expected to deliver the goods straight away (which of course he wasn't).

Gil coming must ring alarm bells for Clarke.

football.london understands that there is interest in Clarke from two teams in the Championship and one club in Belgium about taking him on loan this season.

For Spurs, their involvement in the Europa Conference League and the play-off round means Espirito Santo is likely to blood young academy players and give minutes to fringe players in the inaugural season of UEFA's third tier competition.

The Portuguese will look at Clarke closely in the upcoming pre-season friendlies and decide whether Clarke is better served doing what he did last season and remaining until January or instead getting a full season of regular football under his belt elsewhere.

football.london understands that there is interest in Clarke from two teams in the Championship and one club in Belgium about taking him on loan this season.

For Spurs, their involvement in the Europa Conference League and the play-off round means Espirito Santo is likely to blood young academy players and give minutes to fringe players in the inaugural season of UEFA's third tier competition.

The Portuguese will look at Clarke closely in the upcoming pre-season friendlies and decide whether Clarke is better served doing what he did last season and remaining until January or instead getting a full season of regular football under his belt elsewhere.
If he does end up going out on loan then he really needs to stand out, as Skipp did at Norwich. No use going to Stoke and have their fans saying he's decent, whilst not actually contributing anything meaningful in terms of goals and assists.

If he stays here, then he needs to make sure he does SOMETHING when he gets a chance rather than just exist.

Needs to be out on loan to gain experience as he won;t play enough at Spurs - although he;s been at Spurs for 2 years his oan spells mean he hasn;t spent the necessary 2 years at Spurs to qualify as a LIst B u21 for UEFA purposes and there probably will not be room for him as an Assiciation Trained player if for example Spurs were to buy Ings as striker cover

He's technically excellent. But he lacks pace and power. Poch sorted out Biesla with this transfer. I like Clarke, want him to do well, but he just lacks a bit of power.
He also lacks courage. When I last watched him he just played safe passes when he needs to take on a player and beat him and put a positive pass in. Lennon was young when he got in th team and was not powerful but did have pace. Clarke does not compare to Lennon at the same age.

Im very concerned about him

We have to remember we actually paid £10m for him.

He's been here for a while and hasn't seemed to improve at all.

When he has come in all these friendlies he hasn't really made an impression.

Doesn't seem to have pace or confidence or anything really. He needs to step up. He'll get another loan this season but honestly if he doesn't cut it this season we may have to just cut our losses.

Back
Top Bottom