Jamie Donley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really hope he makes the squad tomorrow.

Got a feeling he won't now that the likes of Gil and Lo Celso are back to being 'fully fit' - but rewarding our youth players with squad places is always a great welcome.

I'd personally have him in there over Oliver Skipp, especially now Bentancur is back in the squad.

I really hope he makes the squad tomorrow.

Got a feeling he won't now that the likes of Gil and Lo Celso are back to being 'fully fit' - but rewarding our youth players with squad places is always a great welcome.

I'd personally have him in there over Oliver Skipp, especially now Bentancur is back in the squad.
I think he has to be in the squad numbers-wise now that Maddison is out too

Vic, Porro, Phillips, Dier, Davies, Biss, PEH, Sarr, Kulu, Son, Johnson
Forster, Royal, Dorrington, Skipp, Lo Celso, Bentancur, Veliz, Gil, Donley

Could even be a 4th u21s player travelling as 21st man in case somebody picks up a knock (maybe Nile John?)

I think he has to be in the squad numbers-wise now that Maddison is out too

Vic, Porro, Phillips, Dier, Davies, Biss, PEH, Sarr, Kulu, Son, Johnson
Forster, Royal, Dorrington, Skipp, Lo Celso, Bentancur, Veliz, Gil, Donley

Could even be a 4th u21s player travelling as 21st man in case somebody picks up a knock (maybe Nile John?)

Or George Abbott who can cover RB and DM ? IMO Nile John has gone off the boil and think we are ok in midfield.

If we wanted an extra forward as spare man it would be between Soonsup-Bell and Lankshear ?

After watching klopp put his faith in youngsters in a cup final that probably don't have the potential donley has I don't think ange can have any excuses anymore. If it's not working out play the lad. It's the only way you will find out if a youngster can step up.

We've been in similar situations and opted to leave youngsters on the bench and play the starting 11 the whole game.

When were we in a situation that saw us missing so many players through injury (with another one going off injured in game) which has forced us to have 6 players U21 on the bench!?

Last edited:
TBH, I've always found that weird ONLY naming 6 out of a possible 9 players... Take some kids with, IF ONLY for the day out, or a day off school!!!

That list is 8 players; not 6..... 3 of which WERE kids. 🙄

We all want to see these under 21s boys do well and push on to the top team but most of them will never be good enough. Ange isn't playing them because they are not better than Gil, PEH, Skipp, Lo Celso, Royal, Davies, Dier etc. Other PL clubs aren't offering them contracts to play for them either. I personally think it is better for their development to skip playing under 21s and go play against men somewhere. If Spurs want to push for titles they need to buy even better players than they have now, pushing Donley and co. further down the pecking order.
The current group is much better than the group that produced 5 England internationals.

Back
Top Bottom