Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Damn it I wish we won at least one cup during his 8-year spell, he deserved to leave with some silver wear.

urban-outfitters-silver-tripp-nyc-silver-moto-jacket-product-1-13924153-639438722.jpeg

What the fuck are you talking about now?
Your post....the one I quoted. You know where you had a pop at “some” for thinking memories were unimportant.

Im just wondering if we have a spectacular semi final and a failed title challenge under Jose, if you will still think it’s the memories that matters.

A genuine class act, Rolls Royce of a footballer and always a pleasure to see wearing the shirt I love. Thank you for helping our club find its way again and for dedicating most of the important years of your career in doing so.

Always welcome back and will always be thought highly of amongst the Tottenham contingent. All the best Jan, forever Spurs mate

He's exactly what you want. Stalwart. Reliable. Consistent. Passionate but with no drama whatsover. I do think him sticking with Spurs was significant in attracting better players and consistenly trending up these recent seasons.

Not entirely sure when it stopped happening for Vertonghen, but he had everything as a centre back. Yet to see a better tackler, and comfortably one of the best centre backs I’ve ever seen play when at his best. Not bad for ~£10mil.

Very lucky to have him. Be honest his first few years at the very top he could easily have played for Barca who had lesser defenders like Pique at the time, he was well above our level, as people have said on this forum a Rolls Royce defender.

He wasnt perfect, sometimes he could get caught out in the air but it’s hard to think of any defender as good on the ball as him, top 3 in the world for a ball playing CB for a good few years.

Last few seasons he has slowed down and now it is very noticeable but he gave the best of his career to us when he could have gone elsewhere.

Your post....the one I quoted. You know where you had a pop at “some” for thinking memories were unimportant.

Im just wondering if we have a spectacular semi final and a failed title challenge under Jose, if you will still think it’s the memories that matters.
Jose has to create the memories first for that question to be answered because we are talking about feelings, how that journey feels like.

But if he creates positive memories for me and we don't win anything then sure what's the difference?

Back
Top Bottom