Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"He plays on the right..... He plays on the riiiiiiiiiiiight" 🎶

Love this man..... His timely LOL at the chavs today was priceless too!

YIDO!

Be back soon, SupaJan. ❤️
I'd love it if he could come back as our manager some day. I feel like he was smarter than Toby (no offence to him), and that's one of the reasons Sanchez + Jan worked well enough but Sanchez + Toby didn't.

I'd love it if he could come back as our manager some day. I feel like he was smarter than Toby (no offence to him), and that's one of the reasons Sanchez + Jan worked well enough but Sanchez + Toby didn't.

Me too...... Toby was never as good without him either (before or after).

Dunno if he's every indicated about a wish to manage; but I could well imagine him walk away from the game and do just doing something else instead.

Seeing him collapse after suffering the blow to the head made me feel sick

Madness that it was okayed for him to carry on playing

Made me feel physically sick reading that piece....

Thankfully it'll likely never be allowed to happen again. The regulations we have now may feel like a pain at times; but players need protecting from themselves (and their managers).

Fucking idiot, Poch. Scumbag

Great to see Ange take head injuries so seriously
It was the medical team who (stupidly, with the benefit of hindsight) recommended that he was okay to continue. That's what you have 'medical experts' for. No, Poch is neither an idiot, nor a scumbag. The medical team however...

It was the medical team who (stupidly, with the benefit of hindsight) recommended that he was okay to continue. That's what you have 'medical experts' for. No, Poch is neither an idiot, nor a scumbag. The medical team however...

It's one of those fucked up situations where the most educated party has only the 3rd most clout in that situ............... In many cases all it would take is an "I can do it, gaffa" from a player and the manager will over-ride the medic.

It's a big reason why the modern protocols were so desperately needed.

Last edited:
This here is another reason I love Ange Postecoglou. The way he reacted to the head injury to Cuti Romero made it clear as day that the human being not the footballer was his 100% priority. Hate that Jan suffered like this. Our medical team has been a concern for me for some time.

Yeah it's not a good look is it.

Someone needed to have the balls to over-rule the manager, when it comes to medical and looking after player's welfare that's when the manager just needs to take a back seat and listen to the pro's.

Our medical team didn't come across in a very good way in the documentary.

Yeah it's not a good look is it.

Someone needed to have the balls to over-rule the manager, when it comes to medical and looking after player's welfare that's when the manager just needs to take a back seat and listen to the pro's.

Our medical team didn't come across in a very good way in the documentary.

It's a tough gig when you've got the likes of Jose or some dino-prick like Warnock bullying you.

Looking back, it's crazy he was made to play on after this.

GB371UiXgAAN406

Back
Top Bottom