Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm no troll but i don't aim to please. I believe in difference of opinion.
Never said you were, and I too believe in difference of opinion, which is why I very rarely press the disagree button, even when I don't agree. My disdain was for that particular post as I believe it was just made to get people's back up. If it wasn't, I'm sorry.

Never said you were, and I too believe in difference of opinion, which is why I very rarely press the disagree button, even when I don't agree. My disdain was for that particular post as I believe it was just made to get people's back up. If it wasn't, I'm sorry.
I understand. But me not posting different views will make this forum a propaganda channel. A one sided view.

Appreciate your reasonable reply to my post, and it's ok to have contrasting views, but it's the way you express that opinion which can needle people (you're not the only one, by the way).
Fair enough. Going to take a break anyways. Off on 9 months work

Tbf, they had a good run together that year we spanked the chavs 5-3.

Indeed.

Together in the league when Vertonghen and Fazio partnered eachother.

Played: 16
Won: 10
Drew: 3
Lost: 3

With 1 of those losses coming against eventual champions Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and another coming against previous season champions Manchester City.

Bare in mind, we only actually won 19 league games and lost a whopping 12 that season.

If we take into consideration the points won when partnered together and put that over an entire season, we would end up with about 78 points, which would have been enough to finish 3rd just 1 point behind City.

Indeed.

Together in the league when Vertonghen and Fazio partnered eachother.

Played: 16
Won: 10
Drew: 3

With 1 of those losses coming against eventual champions Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and another coming against previous season champions Manchester City.

Bare in mind, we only actually won 19 league games and lost a whopping 12 that season.

If we take into consideration the points won when partnered together and put that over an entire season, we would end up with about 78 points, which would have been enough to finish 3rd just 1 point behind City.

Also see:

Jan/Wimmer
Jan/Sanchez

Also see:

Jan/Wimmer
Jan/Sanchez

Good point.

Fazio got a lot of stick when he was partnered with those not named Vertonghen - like when we partnered him with Dier or Chiriches.

Wimmer/Vertonghen didn't partner eachother once, if I remember correctly. It was mostly Wimmer in a back three with Alderweireld and Dier and he came in as a stand in when Vertonghen was out injured.

Regarding Sanchez/Vertonghen, here is their record together since Sanchez signed in 2017:

Played: 21
Won: 14
Drew: 4

Good point.

Fazio got a lot of stick when he was partnered with those not named Vertonghen - like when we partnered him with Dier or Chiriches.

Wimmer/Vertonghen didn't partner eachother once, if I remember correctly. It was mostly Wimmer in a back three with Alderweireld and Dier and he came in as a stand in when Vertonghen was out injured.

Regarding Sanchez/Vertonghen, here is their record together since Sanchez signed in 2017:

Played: 21
Won: 14
Drew: 4

U sure about Wimmer?

Coulda sworn he had a solid run in a duo.

U sure about Wimmer?

Coulda sworn he had a solid run in a duo.

Yeah Wimmer was usually always partnered with Alderweireld if he was playing in a duo.

Wimmer started just 13 league games in his entire Spurs career.

He partnered Alderweireld in 9 of those starts. The other 4 came in the following season where he started at left back in one game and played in a back three in the others, getting subbed off at half time in one of them.

Yeah Wimmer was usually always partnered with Alderweireld if he was playing in a duo.

Wimmer started just 13 league games in his entire Spurs career.

He partnered Alderweireld in 9 of those starts. The other 4 came in the following season where he started at left back in one game and played in a back three in the others, getting subbed off at half time in one of them.

Holy fuck!!! .....:dembelelol:

Holy fuck!!! .....:dembelelol:

Yeah - away at Stamford Bridge of all places after a run of 12 games unbeaten from the start of the season.

To be fair, his record with Alderweireld in back four was pretty spectacular and it was probably harsh to actually drop him for Vertonghen upon his return from injury.

Wimmer/Alderwereid in the league:

Played: 9
Won: 6
Drew: 2
Lost: 1

They had some tough games too. They partnered eachother in THAT win away at the Etihad and the two draws were against Woolwich and Liverpool (away).

The only loss coming against West Ham away.

Back
Top Bottom