Jan Vertonghen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah - away at Stamford Bridge of all places after a run of 12 games unbeaten from the start of the season.

To be fair, his record with Alderweireld in back four was pretty spectacular and it was probably harsh to actually drop him for Vertonghen upon his return from injury.

Wimmer/Alderwereid in the league:

Played: 9
Won: 6
Drew: 2

Lost: 1

They had some tough games too. They partnered eachother in THAT win away at the Etihad and the two draws were against Woolwich and Liverpool (away).

The only loss coming against West Ham away.

There ya go.... I knew he'd impressed me at some point despite the meme-ing receives.

Tbf, they had a good run together that year we spanked the chavs 5-3.

Lmfao.
While the first goal was not his fault, watch his terrible positioning and complete lack of urgency when as went 0-1 down. Then he gave the ball away stupidly which directly led to Chelsea pulling it back to 4-2. Then he was very lucky the ref did not award a penalty against him at 4-2.

You may as well have picked the Woolwich League Cup game that we lost 1-2 as an example (although I think Vertonghen was only on the bench for that - and was probably glad he did not play!)

Lmfao.
While the first goal was not his fault, watch his terrible positioning and complete lack of urgency when as went 0-1 down. Then he gave the ball away stupidly which directly led to Chelsea pulling it back to 4-2. Then he was very lucky the ref did not award a penalty against him at 4-2.

You may as well have picked the Woolwich League Cup game that we lost 1-2 as an example (although I think Vertonghen was only on the bench for that - and was probably glad he did not play!)

I wasn't pointing to that game as a great Fazio performance.... Just that he and Jan had a good run together that year.

Back
Top Bottom